Red Sox Cap Talk/Rumors

Lacrosse__Sucks

The jersey I wear primarily to Sox games is the old red one with blue piping. I've had it since at least 2005.

The roads would be better with a very simple solution. Trim the navy numbers and chest logo with red. The chest logo looks too thin without trim, and there isn't enough "red" to represent Red Sox.

I hate the two-sox hat for anything but a fashion hat. The "B" is iconic and should be the only cap logo, just like the Old-English D in Detroit or the interlocked NY for the Yankees/Mets, etc. Leave it alone.

mainescarf.png

I hate the new roads, the old roads were great because they matched the home set, and were RED, having an all blue uniform doesn't make sense to me when your name is the red sox, i know some of you will say "but they wear red socks," but how many players wear their pants high cuffed anymore to see them? not many. and then you will probably say but they wear undershirts that are red, and it looks bad on an all blue uniform, i dont mind the away alts because they look like the screen print t-shirts that look like jerseys that are made, and red is actually used on the jersey's.

^ Even though you are preempting much of your post with opposing view points it doesn't make them less valid and it doesn't really make yours any more valid. I think this is a tough view point that easily divides most Sox fans. To be honest, I have no problem with them wearing a navy alt regardless of what color their sox are supposed to be. My biggest problem is that they are boring and don't really do anything for me. Their red alts are the most appropriate to wear in my book because they simply look better. The White Sox wear a beautiful black alt and their name has nothing to do with black :wacko: ....go figure!

I wasn't a big fan of most of their changes, mainly as I didn't feel they were necessary. Something I'm speculating, though, is the Red Sox start wearing white BOSTON jerseys once a year. I'm no insider, don't take my words with any certainty, it's just something that crossed my mind back in the morning that I wouldn't be surprised by if it happened. Far as the hanging sox cap, I'd buy one, but I'm not sure where the Red Sox can really fit it in uniform wise...best I'd figure would be like how the Cardinals use their bird on bat cap, for Sunday day games or something.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived