The Battle of Markham

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I agree Beavers. I however do prefer the Northlanders mascots over the Beavers. Other then that it is Beavers all the way.

Thanks JM, and I think that you nailed it.

I like both sets of mascots equally, but overall...

The classic colour combo; the traditional look, and the "hometown hockey" feel of the Beevs, appealed to more CCSLC members

than did the more contemporary, metallic, nordic Northlanders.

Thanks to everyone for dropping by, and keep your stick on the ice...

gobeevsgobeev.jpg

The Grande Finale will wind this up, next...

Great stuff sparky. Looking forward to what you cook up next.

Here ya go GP...

Congrats to the Ontario Beavers.

I thought I'd wrap this up with a YouTube clip.

It's a fun way of putting the final pieces together.

Thanks again for everyone's input and help.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-s-A5gaaa4

Guest darkpiranha

Gotta say, I was 100% skeptical when "Beavers" was announced as the name of the team. BOR-ING. We already have had plenty of Beaver teams, and none of them have been anything less than boring and an easy target for jokes a 12-year-old would make.

But... I'm sold. Love everything about them. The video just brings it all home.

While nothing will top the Highlanders for me, the Beevs are easily #2 in my heart.

When will the Highlanders get a natural rival? And when will all four teams get to stage some sort of annual Cup competition?

I'm not sure that the selection of the Red Green theme sends the best message, even though the team wears plaid. I'm sure some detractors would say that "the team needs to duct tape up" their image or something like that. It just doesn't have the same kick that the highlander music had.

I'd suggest the Tragically Hip, Rush, or any number of Ontario-based rock bands to cover this video.

Other than that, the presentation is amazing - despite my preference for the Northlanders identity.

The Beavers threaten the Highlanders. Very nice work good sir. :notworthy:

If the Beevs are a close second to the Highlanders; that's fine by me. Thanks kevsim.

Gotta say, I was 100% skeptical when "Beavers" was announced as the name of the team. BOR-ING. We already have had plenty of Beaver teams, and none of them have been anything less than boring and an easy target for jokes a 12-year-old would make.

But... I'm sold. Love everything about them. The video just brings it all home.

While nothing will top the Highlanders for me, the Beevs are easily #2 in my heart.

When will the Highlanders get a natural rival? And when will all four teams get to stage some sort of annual Cup competition?

Always good to hear from you darkp. The Beavers kind of grew on me too.

It's funny that you mention 4 teams. I got a 4 team package on the backburner, that includes the Highlanders, when I get some time.

I'm not sure that the selection of the Red Green theme sends the best message, even though the team wears plaid. I'm sure some detractors would say that "the team needs to duct tape up" their image or something like that. It just doesn't have the same kick that the highlander music had.

I'd suggest the Tragically Hip, Rush, or any number of Ontario-based rock bands to cover this video.

Other than that, the presentation is amazing - despite my preference for the Northlanders identity.

Great C&C Magnus. You're right. The music DOESN'T have the same kick as the Highlanders video. (I got lucky)

I did consider your suggestions and was actually gonna go with the great 1 minute of instrumental at the end of Hip's "Bobcaygeon"...but it was just a little too slick.

I went with the Red Green theme, because he was part of the Special Event night. If I can find another piece that's kinda folksy and fun, but with more "punch", I'll slide it in.

Thanks for the input, and the Northlanders are gonna be resurrected...soon.

That Beaver Fever shirt is amazing. I hope to see this team in the NHL soon!

...As do I, jmoe.

Don't you think, that now, there just has to be a team in the NHL dubbed the "Beavers"?

Thanks for tuning in.

Fantastic. Well done!!!

Thanks JR. Are we going to see a Dukes sweater soon?

Great video! You have earned a subscriber!

Will you do more concepts so we can see more videos?

Dr. Evil...thank you. I'm not sure about more videos...They take me a while to do.

It's a great way to present a concept though, eh?

At the end of a thread, I've got a whack of graphics, so I plug them into my kids' imovie program; throw in some tunes; some special effects; and voila!

When the images are moving, you don't notice the mistakes so much.

I'm not sure that the selection of the Red Green theme sends the best message, even though the team wears plaid.

Hi Magnus. I took your advice and changed the music to something a little livelier.

...Couldn't find anything suitable that was specific only to Ontario, so, because I'm endorsing another Canadian NHL team, I used the current Hockey Night in Canada theme (Colin Oberst's "Canadian Gold").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-s-A5gaaa4

I just stayed up later than I had planned to read this thread--some cool ideas---while I prefer the Northmen/Northlanders --both teams are well done--mostly I liked the colours & design of the Northlander ideas.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived