Memphis (NCAA) to get new basketball court floor design

Derby

Call me a traditionalist but I like 4 the most

Agreed, I like 4 the most. I'm open to the trend of these on court designs, but in this case I just don't think any of them look good.

So its basically Bridge, Skyline, Both, or Neither? Not really a design vote, more of a "how far can we push this" question.

For what I know about Memphis I don't think the skyline is signature (like seattle, new york, paris) and the bridge is kinda clunky. So I'd say nothing. And also the logo is way too big at center court

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

So its basically Bridge, Skyline, Both, or Neither? Not really a design vote, more of a "how far can we push this" question.

For what I know about Memphis I don't think the skyline is signature (like seattle, new york, paris) and the bridge is kinda clunky. So I'd say nothing. And also the logo is way too big at center court

I think you hit on the problem with these designs. The center court logo is way too big to have all of that other stuff included with it. If you leave the huge logo by itself like #4, it looks ok...with the other stuff, it looks too cluttered and messy.

Also, not singling out these designs but I don't like the trend of leaving the 3 point area AND the lane unpainted with only the light/dark wood grain. One of them should be colored in.

all of this.

I'm willing to bet pretty soon that every single court will eventually either have a state outline, or some sort of background soon. Thus is the nature of these fads.

With that in mind, I hope they choose 4.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived