HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A thread about how in 15 years we will all love Buffalo's alternate jersey.

A user named Bad News Bears says

I don't mean to brag, but the first time I saw this jersey, I vomited black stuff and starting bleeding from my eyes.

I didn't think that would be something you would want to brag about in the first place.

EDIT: This thread looks fun http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1546649

IbjBaeE.png

I'd like to see them enforce icing on the shorthanded team before they change the offsides rule just for power plays. It never made sense to me why a team that is being punished for breaking the rules is allowed to ice the puck. It would make the rules simpler... one icing rule for all situations.

"Vagrant" wants to get a circlejerk going, or perhaps rather a Triangle-jerk:

I feel like we have a lot of smart fans. That may be bias shining through on my part but with the proximity to the local colleges, our crowds are mostly college grads who have the decorum to handle themselves like adults in public settings. I don't think that means that we're any less passionate about hockey, I just think it means that more disciplined minds are less quick to barbarism. It would take something pretty extreme for me to fly hot and risk my freedom at the expense of some idiot that doesn't know the game. What's funny about that situation is that we southern fans are so viciously defensive about being categorized as dumb that we embrace the nuance of the game far more and actively seek to constantly evolve in our knowledge about how the game works. A lot of the fans that I see come into our arena to be idiots are usually idiots about hockey too, which is hilarious. Screaming for Lucic to drop the gloves while the Bruins are on the PP. Screaming for shots on net during the penalty kill. Protesting dumps for line changes. Fixating on a single player on their team, presumably because it's one of the few they recognize. It's all too funny.

I know that personally when I am at a game live I find myself fixating on positioning and gaps and angles. I can get really quiet and contemplative. The further away that I sit, the worse it gets because the birdseye view gives you so much more perspective. I tune out a lot of what's going on around me in favor of trying to decipher the play and why a particular rush broke down. It's like a terrible computer trying to process too much data. That analytical style doesn't lend itself to a lot of rowdy banter and sometimes even interrupts enjoyment. When I catch myself getting that deep I try to break out and just dumb watch but it's a hard habit to break. I would be lying if I didn't say that there's a bit of deep seated insecurity of my hockey knowledge at the heart of that methodology. But that same doubt has made me a student of the game.

Hey, Tobacco Einstein, guess which city has even more colleges than Raleigh

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thanks to Bryzgalov wearing 80, "Peter Hook" has HAD it with...numbers

It's about time the NHL out [sic] a stop to this nonsense. You've made the NHL as a goalie? Congratulations, now would you like 1, 20, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, or 39?

NO 28 THOUGH

Personally, I'm surprised Bryzgalov didn't turn an 8 on its side and claim to be "Number Infinity." Actually, he probably did try.

It's about time the NHL out [sic] a stop to this nonsense. You've made the NHL as a goalie? Congratulations, now would you like 1, 20, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, or 39?

NO 28 THOUGH

Personally, I'm surprised Bryzgalov didn't turn an 8 on its side and claim to be "Number Infinity." Actually, he probably did try.

No 92? :(

NO 28 THOUGH

Goalies with "out there" numbers bug people? Really?

Some of them bother me. Especially with non-goalies. 57? 86? There are forwards wearing 6 and 3! What has this sport been reduced to?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Some of them bother me. Especially with non-goalies. 57? 86? There are forwards wearing 6 and 3! What has this sport been reduced to?

*shrugs*

I was a goalie when I played and I wore 79. I wasn't trying to be a contrarian, I just liked the way the number looked.

And that's really my opinion on the matter. Numbers, if you're allowed to choose, are personal. If a goalie wants to wear 62 because he likes the number 62 then who are you (a general "you") to get on his case about it?

*shrugs*

I was a goalie when I played and I wore 79. I wasn't trying to be a contrarian, I just liked the way the number looked.

And that's really my opinion on the matter. Numbers, if you're allowed to choose, are personal. If a goalie wants to wear 62 because he likes the number 62 then who are you (a general "you") to get on his case about it?

I've always been akin to goalies wearing #100 in leagues that allow it...

*shrugs*

First, that post was mostly sarcastic.

Second, I'm more fine with goalies wearing different numbers, because goalies are typically seen as weirdos or just different people I guess.

I think my favorite was Kevin Weekes wearing #80, until he signed with ole' Lou's team in Jersey, where they didn't allow people to wear numbers that high.

Lou Lamoriello really has the most unnecessary restrictions when it comes to jerseys and uniforms in general. What a crochety old man.

Shady 80!

Lou Lamoriello really has the most unnecessary restrictions when it comes to jerseys and uniforms in general. What a crochety old man.

Lamoriello has now placed restrictions on himself, like "don't be good at being the general manager of an NHL team."

Archived