Kramerica Industries

HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

Don't disagree with the mods' Bad Thoughts about the Phoenix Coyotes! The mods will censor your post.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1556881

Here's incoherent dope "Killion" on what he would do if he were the big shooter buying the Coyotes, all [sic]:

Ya. The Coyotes are "owed" an All Star Game, and had I been on the other side of the table when negotiating that purchase with the NHL I certainly wouldve not very politely asked that we be awarded with an All Star Game, a Draft and perhaps 2 Outdoor Games and all within the first 5yrs of ownership. You kiddin?.. c'mon Gary. Buck up Maing. Going to have throw everything youve got at that market & then some, those events absolutely mandatory.

followed by "mesamonster" who I guess lives in Arizona but does not care for the Coyotes:

I guess the Commish hasn`t done enough to prop up the sisters of the poor known as Arizona Ice!! {Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod... Mod}

Last edited by Killion: Today at 03:49 PM. Reason: ... completely off topic mesa... stahp plz.

Yeah, we're "off topic."

Considering they're in the running for the 2016 ASG, I think that might be on the back burner (unless they plan to combine events).

Wut?

Outdoor All-Star Game, obviously, which wouldn't be the worst idea. Unless it were an outdoor All-Star Game in suburban Phoenix, which would be the worst idea.

Oh look. It continues, here in the Quebec City BOH thread:

We in Winnipeg are lucky enough to have all the Jets games televised, on their latest 6 game road trip we got to see just how much fans love hockey in places like Long Island, NJ and Florida, trouble was that none of those rinks were even half full, add to that ticket prices probably less than CHL hockey in Canada, makes you wonder why there is no team in QC and why the NHL fought so hard to keep team in those markets.

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: Today at 01:16 AM. Reason: insulting other fanbases

Remember, if you're not a fanbase, you can't be insulted!

There's some really good stuff scattered throughout that article, but there is something to be said for not living in the clickbait gutter at all times, and so it mostly reads as "i'm gawker ah do what ah wawnt."

EDIT: Here's a commenter who captured my reservations better than I did:

Smarm, as brilliantly destroyed above, is insidious because it is so effective at silencing criticism. It attacks the act itself as being bound up in the ugly attitude of the critic.

But the problem with Gawker's particular brand of snark isn't that it's unduly mean. It's the layers upon layers of irony, self-reflexively and recursively applied, that allow any post here to escape criticism by disappearing up its own @sshole. This is also a mode of dispatching any criticism, not by dismissing the act itself, but by dismissing the mere possibility that the critic understood what the post/tweet/business model was actually doing.

The trade board is the ground-touching, low-hanging fruit of HFboards, but allow me this from "mhstudios"

To edm

Teuvo Teravainen

Brendan Saad

Nick Leddy

Kris Versteeg

To chi

RNH

Ryan Smyth

Why Edmonton does this?

They get a great return for RNH and gives them depth and leadership that has won a stanley cup.

Why Chicago does this?

They get a great #1B center to give them a 1-2 punch down the middle. They also get a Ryan that will bring leadership to the lucker room and will bring focus because this is it for him, it's all or nothing for the cup.

oh lord.

The trade board is the ground-touching, low-hanging fruit of HFboards, but allow me this from "mhstudios"

To edm

Teuvo Teravainen

Brendan Saad

Nick Leddy

Kris Versteeg

To chi

RNH

Ryan Smyth

Why Edmonton does this?

They get a great return for RNH and gives them depth and leadership that has won a stanley cup.

Why Chicago does this?

They get a great #1B center to give them a 1-2 punch down the middle. They also get a Ryan that will bring leadership to the lucker room and will bring focus because this is it for him, it's all or nothing for the cup.

oh lord.

Hhm2RfX.gif

To edm

Teuvo Teravainen

Brendan Saad

Nick Leddy

Kris Versteeg

To chi

RNH

Ryan Smyth

Why Edmonton does this?

Why Chicago does this?

oh lord.
Jesus Christ. That's bad in every way possible.

To edm

Teuvo Teravainen

Brendan Saad

Nick Leddy

Kris Versteeg

To chi

RNH

Ryan Smyth

Why Edmonton does this?

Why Chicago does this?

oh lord.
Jesus Christ. That's bad in every way possible.

will-smith-the-fuck.gif

Man is that trade bad........

"They also get a Ryan that will bring leadership to the lucker room." :D

Atlanta Thrashers fan "AintLifeGrand" asks whether the Jets honeymoon is over:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/12/0...discount-price

I find it ironic that the Jets are no longer guaranteed of a sell out , meaning attendance is comparable to that of the Thrashers while at Philips.

Are Jets fans slowly waking up to what led average Atlantans to become apathetic about the team- mediocre , uninspired hockey?

Predators fan "AdmiralsFan24" then posts a picture of available seats for the next home game:

ln990S7.jpg

"Slowly waking up to . . . mediocre, uninspired hockey"? Pointing out empty seats? That sure sounds like, by HFboards standards, TROLLING AN ENTIRE FANBASE! Oh but wait, I forgot their other rule: you can do it if it's a Canadian fanbase.

Someone should pull up a Sharks game on Gamecenter, screencap a shot of the crowd with an empty seat, circle it in MS Paint, and start a thread called "San Jose attendance issues???", then see how many milliseconds it takes for that bowling ball with hands and feet to come in, lock your thread, and delete your entire account.

Even after reading these posts and browsing the HFBoards, I still don't understand what you (and the mods there) mean by "trolling a fanbase" and what does that have to do with attendance numbers?

They pounce on posts about warm-weather attendance because it "trolls an entire fanbase."

They pounce on posts about warm-weather attendance because it "trolls an entire fanbase."

What if you pose as a warm-weather fan?

What if you pose as a warm-weather fan?

Then you're obviously trolling, because they don't exist.

Someone should pull up a Sharks game on Gamecenter, screencap a shot of the crowd with an empty seat, circle it in MS Paint, and start a thread called "San Jose attendance issues???", then see how many milliseconds it takes for that bowling ball with hands and feet to come in, lock your thread, and delete your entire account.

YEAH, WELL, LOOK AT WHAT THE SHARKS ARE DOING NOW SEE LOOK AT THIS SUPER IMPORTANT THING THAT'S BEING SPECULATED

/someone posts some similar thing to that about.. say.. the Blackhawks and it gets deleted within a day for not being "on topic", Canadian team ASAP

Oh, and upon learning that Winnipeg had a junior team or something called the Maple Leafs, "Reed Soloman" wants retribution

Wait, we had a team that predated the Toronto Maple Leafs by at least a decade, and yet we still needed their permission to put a maple leaf on our logo? I'm beyond incensed. They should be paying us back pay royalties for all those years of infringing on the Winnipeg Maple Leafs name.