HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP, post about transplant STHs rooting for the Sharks 40 games a year but not when "their" team comes to town, Kramerica post, post about it being one empty seat of 100 and how there are always road fans at any arena, thank you for wasting our time with this dumb thread, close.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

In my younger, hungrier days, I would have said this is when we coordinate a full-scale Board Invasion, but it hardly seems worth it. It's like going up against the Red Army.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

KevFu asks

Why isn't my 66-team, three-conferences with promotion/relegation amongst those conferences be PERFECT?

flames12 asks

Does Seattle get an NHL team if they win the super bowl?

• 2 weeks later...

"Stonewall" believes

I think having a 2 goal line would be a good idea

It's not about higher scoring at all. I like how the 3 other major sports have more than one tier of scoring points. In the case of hockey, teams that are down a few goals can come back much quicker and even take the lead when down one goal. If leading teams focus on defending the blue line more (assuming the 2 goal line would be near there), then that would open up more space for offense near the net.

Having anything more than that would be gimmicky but a 2 goal line would be perfect.

Artist's rendering:

FLhiuk5.png

Can you imagine the instant replay delays trying to figure out if a goal came in untouched from the blue line or if it slightly glanced off the shaft of someone's stick in front of the crease?

Noted idiot and staff member Killion thinks the Coyotes need to work harder on their rebrand:

Ya, as I & others have mentioned up page & previously, going only halfway with the name change but essentially leaving the logo & uniforms as they've been & are doesnt really compute. Here youve got a golden opportunity to really make a statement. Alter the image, re-packaged & re-designed, new owners, new day, new & fresh start. Forget the past. Fresh coat, new licks of paint & color and theres some great designs floating around. Knock it right out of the park no problem....

... then theres the $$$. Thats always good. New jerseys, everyones gotta buy one, so go set-up some Gorilla Retail Outlets on short term leases & blow out the old while selling the new. Perfect opportunity here, wide open window, perfectly understandable & acceptable that they change their uniforms yet they wont climb threw the window the name change affords them? Teams kill to come up with excuses to change their jerseys & here their handed the opportunity on a silver platter & sit on their hands. Makes no sense to me... Maybe they plan to in year 3? Dunno. But thats 12 months of lost sales right there if they think that strategically waiting for the big unveil is going to be advantageous in anyway. I dont know what to make of it. I mean, theres just no way you look at those jerseys & dont conclude that "ya, we could do better". And even if they were excellent? Change them anyway.

They're too busy playing football to sell t-shirts, come on

Noted idiot and staff member Killion thinks the Coyotes need to work harder on their rebrand:

Ya, as I & others have mentioned up page & previously, going only halfway with the name change but essentially leaving the logo & uniforms as they've been & are doesnt really compute. Here youve got a golden opportunity to really make a statement. Alter the image, re-packaged & re-designed, new owners, new day, new & fresh start. Forget the past. Fresh coat, new licks of paint & color and theres some great designs floating around. Knock it right out of the park no problem....

... then theres the $$$. Thats always good. New jerseys, everyones gotta buy one, so go set-up some Gorilla Retail Outlets on short term leases & blow out the old while selling the new. Perfect opportunity here, wide open window, perfectly understandable & acceptable that they change their uniforms yet they wont climb threw the window the name change affords them? Teams kill to come up with excuses to change their jerseys & here their handed the opportunity on a silver platter & sit on their hands. Makes no sense to me... Maybe they plan to in year 3? Dunno. But thats 12 months of lost sales right there if they think that strategically waiting for the big unveil is going to be advantageous in anyway. I dont know what to make of it. I mean, theres just no way you look at those jerseys & dont conclude that "ya, we could do better". And even if they were excellent? Change them anyway.

They're too busy playing football to sell t-shirts, come on

Here's the proper response to that quote...

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 2 weeks later...

I like how the 3 other major sports have more than one tier of scoring points.

Uh, baseball doesn't.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, the last thing we need to do is go off again trying to appeal to the casual American fan-non-fan. Hockey is hockey, and if the desert/south doesn't like it, well they shouldn't have teams down there.

Although, I'd like to see the two-point line maybe just for one game, to know just HOW much of a cluster**** it would turn out to be. I gotta have fun watching this season somehow.

Forget the two point line. Have a flaming hoop suspended over center ice and if you "thread the needle" as they say you get 3 points.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I like how the 3 other major sports have more than one tier of scoring points.

Uh, baseball doesn't.
I think they mean that you can score multiple points in one scoring play, while in hockey you can only score one.

But regardless, it's still counted as one run per player crossing the plate. That's entirely different from a player scoring two points in basketball and then scoring three points on the next possession because being three feet behind his last shot put him outside of the three-point line.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived