HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

But hey, when they discuss other sports, we get a whole conspiracy that the Giants created every single problem and relocation to happen in MLB since the 1950s! Even the creation of Astrotruf!

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1448655

No offense to anyone who's a Giants fan, but the Giants are responsible for so much of baseball's franchise screwups in the last six decades.

#1 - The NY Giants were going to move to Minnesota in 1958, but the Brooklyn Dodgers were told they couldn't move to Los Angeles without a "travel partner" in California with them. So the Dodgers brokered the Giants to San Francisco deal. San Francisco had to be convinced to take them, and it only happened because the 49ers needed a new stadium.

#2 - Their departure from New York to SF instead of MIN left two pissed off cities: NY and MIN.

Minnesota courted the Washington Senators, so baseball expanded with the new Washington Senators (who later moved to Texas) and Los Angeles Angels (and their six name changes). Also the Mets (my favorite team and everyone's subject of jokes and ridicule) and Houston Astros (Astroturf is indirectly the Giants fault, too). And the Seattle Pilots, who moved to Milwaukee (giving us Selig!).

#3 - The Giants owner (who had to be coaxed into buying the team remember) sold the team in the 1970s to Molson, to move to Toronto. MLB saw how strong the Oakland As were, and realized ONE team in a market that big, with an owner that crazy, would be devastating for the game. So they blocked the sale. MLB expanded again to appease the pissed off Molson family (hello Toronto and Seattle Mariners). MLB found a guy to buy the team and keep them in San Fran.

#4 - That same owner MLB found later sold the Giants in 1993 to move to Tampa! MLB blocked that sale, too. For the same reason as before. That led Tampa - who built their stadium because the White Sox used them for leverage to get a new stadium in 1989 - to sic their politicians on MLB's anti-trust exemption. MLB quickly formed a committee to consider expansion, headed by Tampa resident George Steinbrenner, and the White Sox owner who almost moved there. Tampa got a team and Congress backed off.

but they needed another team to join them for an even number. The White Sox owner asked his friend Jerry Colangelo to own the Phoenix team. But Colangelo wanted an NL team because it's cheaper with no DH and rivalries with the Dodgers/Padres were more attractive. So now MLB accidentally had 15-teams in each league.

#5 - Which created INTERLEAGUE PLAY! The Brewers moved to the NL because year-round interleague was too drastic, but the owners saw dollar signs and kept limited interleague, which is totally unfair because the rules aren't the same and some teams play really good teams six times (Mets vs Yankees) and some teams play really and teams six times (STL vs KC).

#6 - And that paved the way for interleague acceptance and Houston being forced into the AL West this season.

All because of the stupid Giants, who refuse to return the favor and have a clause in their territory rights no one else in MLB has! Now the Giants, with Oakland trapped playing baseball in a football stadium hell hole, are powerful and winning titles, while idiot Giants fans talk trash to the Dodgers fans (because they were told they hated each other when the teams arrived in 1958) while not realizing the Dodgers are the only reason they have a team in the first place.

So the Giants are to blame for the formation of the Angels (Major League Baseball wanted a 2nd team in the Greater Los Angeles area after the success of the Dodgers), Mariners (the Pilots were such a financial hot mess, that it was for the best for them to move to Wisconsin and be the current Brewers) and Astros (AstroTurf?). And the Giants, according to this poster, are to blame for the emergence of Bud Selig.

Sure, let's go with that. And while we're at it, why don't we all just blame them for the 1994-95 baseball strike and for the Baseball Network.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that...LadyStanley?
That's probably not actually her, but I'm sure that's who he's referring to.

Can't 100% confirm, but I wouldn't post such an oversized jpeg just to post it ;)

Anyway,

Indeed preissingg. And if entirely circumstantial, coincidental, accidental & happenstance or perhaps in part by design, satisfying to see the COG getting back up off the canvas, dusting themselves off, game & swinging right back at the Bullys who knocked them for a trip n' a half in the first place. I surely do hope they stick to their guns, exercise prudence & extreme caution in moving forward. Not liking their lack of transparency, but they cant keep a lid on it forever. FOIA. Requests for release likely already filed or about to be over several matters; rumoured the Az AG Offices investigating the "Serial Meetings" of 3wks ago between the City, NHL & RSE. A good smacking to remind them to whom it is they owe their J.O.B.'s, the electorate, the people, exactly whats required. Beyond that however, not bad. Not great but not bad. Id give em a C for Spring Term. Norma Alvarez needs to spend more time in the Class Room, paying attention, doesnt play well with the other children, so she gets an F, the rest of them, well...

This guy is considered one of their good posters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

From a Phoenix poster in the Phoenix thread arguing that Glendale needs the NHL to run the arena vs SMG

Preschool graduations and birthday parties are fine if that's what you want but they are not going to get 10K people out to the arena.

Neither will the Coyotes! *rimshot*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, a guy points out that the ratings numbers show that all 3 NYC teams do pretty well in ratings when it comes to number of households, including the Devils and Islanders, even if the share numbers don't look that great. Then some moderator, who is a Ranger fan, goes on to do this

I don't think those are good numbers to use to know how many people watch hockey in NY. How many people watch other team's games when their team isn't playing? The best thing to use are numbers from when all three teams are playing at the same time.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Tonight no doubt provided some gems, given HF's weird proclivity towards liking Glendale.

Let 'em rip.

The proclivity is just the stifling of dissent to please the entry-level expansion-team fans who don't have better places to post. But let's aggregate! This from a "Mayor Bee," who seems to have sand in his vagina because he's a Columbus fan and thinks he is lumped in with Phoenix and Atlanta:

]No one is upset by it because they hate hockey in Phoenix, they are upset/annoyed at how a City council can be so stupid and do such an excellent job proving it.

I wish that were true. But if there's one thing I've learned firsthand as a fan of an expansion team, it's that nothing could be further from the truth.

WAHH.

"Hooray, we're going to expand to Quebec and Seattle."

-said without irony. Repeatedly.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A "Trance Kuja," whose bit across the board seems to be pretending he's Brittany from Glee, has a sad:

How come people are allowed to say derogatory things directed at Glendale and the Coyotes with no repercussions but any post calling those people out is either deleted or edited? Honest question.

Except this is the opposite of what happens

No offense to anyone who's a Giants fan, but the Giants are responsible for so much of baseball's franchise screwups in the last six decades.

#1 - The NY Giants were going to move to Minnesota in 1958, but the Brooklyn Dodgers were told they couldn't move to Los Angeles without a "travel partner" in California with them. So the Dodgers brokered the Giants to San Francisco deal. San Francisco had to be convinced to take them, and it only happened because the 49ers needed a new stadium.

So, since it was the Los Angeles-bound Dodgers - requiring a travel partner in California - that "brokered the Giants to San Francisco deal" in the first place, how is it that the Giants "are responsible for so much of baseball's franchise screwups"?

Ultimately, shouldn't the Dodgers be shouldering said blame in this gentleman's deluded conspiracy theory?

Has there been a time where Bettman hasn't got what he wanted?

He can get booed by everyone all he wants, this guy is easily the best Big 4 commissioner imo

Today, we are all otaku.

99 got his number retired across the leauge because he is the greatest forward ever. Well marty is the greatest goalie ever. And its not even close. So he needs to have his number retired across the NHL.
He still has like 3-4 years left in him.. if he nets himself 700 career wins, mark my words he will have his number retired.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Im sorry' date='what?:laugh::laugh::laugh: This is just ridicilous any KHL bottow dweller is way better than any SEL top team.-[/quote']

For those who don't follow Euro hockey or don't know comparative league strengths: this is :censored:ing moronic. To put it in terms easier to understand for Americans, it's like saying an SEC school is automatically better than a mid-major school because of the conferences they're in despite the fact that last season two SEC teams lost to two different Sun Belt teams.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The only ones I know are Djurgarden and HV71, the former being a bit of a Blackhawks pipeline and the latter being the kind of name you see in NHL '04 and don't forget.

MIF Redhawks.

The time, recently in fact, when I beat the Avalanche in the Final in Game 7 is probably the crowning achievement of my NHL 2004 career, to a fault, really. I can't play that game anymore. When the worst team on the entire game can beat the Avalanche and Red Wings in the Final, on depressed, real-life-like settings, there's nothing left to prove.

As I also said before, I enjoy the slight amusement that a 4th liner on that MIF team was the only player to stick in the NHL. Frans Nielsen.

spacer.png

MODO! That and HV71 are the only ones I know, because 6 year old me playing NHL 2006 remembered weird names like those.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I always associate Peter Forsberg with MODO Hockey.

Henrik Lundqvist and his twin brother Joel, who played a short time in the NHL for Dallas in the late '00s, were both on the strong Frolunda teams of the early '00s.

Nik Kronwall played for Djugardens.

This actually works in regards to the Finnish Elite League and the DEL as well. I was highly amused when I saw Sean Bergenheim's name on one of the German rosters.

spacer.png

In a thread that tries to rank the popularity of Chicago's five pro teams, user "McLurking" is more like McTrolling with these wacky screeds. The weird escalation of his ardor for the Bears/Bulls suggests the use of angel dust.

Not true at all, I'm black and live in a neighborhood mostly black/latino and White Sox/Bulls are the top two sports teams when it comes to sports clothing, gear and apparel. Fuk the Cubs. The Cubs are not even on the map here, we don't care about them. I've seen Wrigley Field maybe three times my entire life and know people who have seen Wrigley LESS than that, Cubs are bigger with outtertowners, transplants, and weirdos.

I don't understand how some of yall overrate the Cubs so much and put them in the top 2 like they're some essential Chicago team when a lot of people here do not even embrace them. The top 2 teams city wide are Bulls and Bears. I barely see people wearing Cub stuff around here.

In the city it's:

1 a: Bulls

1 b: Bears

The only two universal teams.

Because most Cub fans live in the burbs so going to Wrigley is like a two-in-one trip into the city. Most Sox fans live in the city so it's not a big deal. They [the Scrubs] are not a top 2 Chicago team, that is reserved for the Bulls and Bears. Those are the two teams would could bring EVERYONE out for a parade. Bulls and Bears are an equal mix of whites, blacks, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Chinese etc EVERYBODY loves them.

Cub fans are delusional, never go south of the Loop, are famous for corked bats, drunk frat kids and suburbanites, booing black players, making fun of Latino players etc. That is NOT what Chicago is about. I remember a few years back, the Cubs were selling offensive shirts outside Wrigley showing Carlos Zambrano pushing a lawn mower and he's not even Mexican. They are DISPISED by sections of Chicago. You cant say the same for Bulls and Bears, beloved by all and hated by none. If someone puts the Cubs up there with the Bulls and Bears, he either has never seen the entire city or he's from the suburbs.

True Sox, marketing sucks but Cubs have all this marketing and are irrelevant in parts of the city. There are parts of Chicago that you don't even see Cub fans. You see Bulls and Bears fans EVERYWHERE. Most sports fans in Chicago have gone to at least gone to a Bulls or Bears game before, I know people here in Chicago who have never gone to Wrigley, I know people who have barely even SEEN Wrigley with their own eyes. I've seen Wrigley three times, it is so irrelevant to some people here some people don't even think about Wrigley Field. But mention Soldier Field and the UC, everybody in Chicago's lives have been touched by those two stadiums. To hell with Wrigley Field.

Sox fans really don't care though about the burbs except maybe the South Burbs and Northwest Indiana. If the Cubs want to run the rest of suburbs they can have it. But for them to sit here self aggrandizing themselves as if they are equal to

the Bulls and Bears is crazy. Cub fans self embellish like no other fanbase. They are the ONLY fanbase in America who could be hated in parts of their OWN city but still regard themselves as a top 2 team in that same city. As if they touch as many lives as the Bears and Bulls. Complete BS.

TOUCHING LIVES!

The weirdest thing about this whole thing is that he is a poster in the Blackhawks section of a hockey board and doesn't mention the Blackhawks or hockey anywhere. The Bulls have provided reasonable entertainment on and off over the last nine years, but there are plenty of people who haven't cared since Jordan. As for the Bears, most of the ways that they've touched my life are ways that you usually need a doll to re-enact.

Archived