HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooo, I got one. Let me set this one up....

battfan888 posted a podcast of his that talked about the Belleville Bulls move to Hamilton. NaughtyDog posted his review of it...

Listened to the first 21 or so minutes, kudos to the host of that show. Listening to that guest speaker was just agonizing. Just whine, whine, whine, make stupid claims without backing up his opinion with any facts, whine, whine. I had to turn it off once he said that Belleville losing their team was like learning you have stage 4 cancer.

Whereas battfan888 decided to actually defend his podcast guest...

As for his comment about Belleville losing the team is like being told you have stage 4 cancer he was trying to make a comparison. The two most recent franchise moves in this league (Plymouth and Brampton) in both cases fans of those teams were given plenty of warning and months notice before their final games were played out. Bulls fans were blindsided 10 days before the end of the regular season in a year where they probably aren't going deep in the playoffs.
Thinking everything is ok and them wham your team is done in a matter of weeks, like being told you have stage 4 colon cancer, a bit of an extreme example ill give you that but an accurate one nonetheless.
I am the host of that podcast and I stand by my co host Brian.

Yep there you go folks, a franchise relocation is exactly like finding out you have a terminal illness. You can read the whole thing here....

tigercatssignature-1.png

What was the worst Blackhawks season since 2000? The results are in:

"I was going to say 1990-91"

1992 or 1993

good job guys

Even the people who picked within the 2000-Present range had some interesting choices.

Since 2000, it's either 11-12 or last season.

Last season must have been really bad. You know...with that run to the conference finals and all. :rolleyes:

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

No, that game 7 really, really, really sucked, and the run-up to it where the Hawks sucked for four months was no garden party, either. As bad as 2011-12 was, certainly the worst year of the Toews/Kane/Q era, it can't be worse than 2002-03, the season where Theo Fleury relapsed and a perfectly acceptable bubble team collapsed after New Year's (haha, even then). At least that set the stage for the great rebuild, but man, that was a sucky year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

"Why didn't your team get in?" thread.

thasanjoseshawksdood has some interesting ideas on why the Sharks didn't get in,

Sharks

Veterans been making the playoffs for so long regular season games are just a grind and don't mean enough. IE Patrick Marleau. That vibe spreads to the rest of the team.

And their confidence is still in shock from dominating LA and then losing four.

Also Raffi Torres injured the whole year, say what you want about him, but he changes the dynamics of a game.

IEI5Tg1.png

• 2 weeks later...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=101083155#post101083155

Way to make assumptions.

I have likely done way more drugs than you in my lifetime. But unlike you I am not proud of the stupid things I have done.

You do realize that Hemingway was married 4 times and committed suicide.

Hendrix died of an OD.

Hunter S. Thompson, suicide.

Yah, real great role models.

Honestly some posters really need to think before they write.

Those people were not successful because of drugs, their success brought them to the point of doing them and it destroyed most of them. And now Stoll can join that list.

So, to recap, the list:

Ernest Hemingway

Jimi Hendrix

Hunter S. Thompson

Jarret Stoll

LeafingTheWay wants LA's pick for Toronto.

What would LA want for their 1st round pick? Anything aside from futures and prospects and Rielly&Kadri are availaible.

Draft: Strome (4th), Crouse (14th), Kylington (22nd)

Nylander - Strome - Kessel

Crouse - Kadri - Brown

Translation: LA doesn't want value for their first round draft pick

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

What would LA want for their 1st round pick? Anything aside from futures and prospects and Rielly&Kadri are availaible.

Crouse - Kadri - Brown

I love how they have Lawson Crouse going 14th.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Crouse - Kadri - Brown

I don't know why trade proposals get my goat so much but they do. We talk about everything in the sports world as if we have control over anything these teams do, but trade proposals just seem the most sad and delusional.

Willing to listen to any deals, but Reilly and Kadri are not available in this completely hypothetical, completely meaningless trade offering. I will fight you if you propose a completely hypothetical trade scenario that includes the two of them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Crouse - Kadri - Brown

I don't know why trade proposals get my goat so much but they do. We talk about everything in the sports world as if we have control over anything these teams do, but trade proposals just seem the most sad and delusional.

Willing to listen to any deals, but Reilly and Kadri are not available in this completely hypothetical, completely meaningless trade offering. I will fight you if you propose a completely hypothetical trade scenario that includes the two of them.

I feel the same. They get my goat a ton. Especially the "what's the value of..." bandwidth wasting posts that so many at HFBoards do.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Crouse - Kadri - Brown

I think it's just a teenager thing. I did that crap when I was 15/16, and I've seen many other people do it too at that age.

Our friend Gnova said:

"I was 100% okay with what Buff did. Don't stand at the net celebrating a goal in our arena to piss off the home fans.. Go celebrate at the bench.

Well 99% okay. I would have preferred if he shoved him in the back, not his neck."

I can only sigh and shake my head.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coaches are more important than players

It's always been clear to me that coaches are way more important than the players. They are the faces of the organization and the team, coaches. They are the indicators of what the whole team looks like. If it's mean, vocal, scary, dull or nerdy. Everything.

Also coaches (teach) the players what to do and how to play. Even how to say things. They teach (everything). Players are not as smart as coaches. That's why coaches give way more interesting interview and more intelligent words and sentences. Coaches do everything right, they are so important. Nothing happens without them. It's interesting to see how some teams choose their coaches. The new face of the whole organization.

No no no. Players are dumber so they want to be the coaches. To say more things out loud. Coaches were dumb too, but they become smarter as they get older and see life and experience women and the world. That's what make them so spectacular. Coaches have seen the game also way more than the players. That's why they understand the game better. Coaches are much much more important and they TEACH the players everything what to do.

Archived