HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=128225175&postcount=62

Big Punisher says Seth Jones was only highly rated in his draft year because he's black. 

A scout once told me he couldn't understand the hype about Jones from the media, when their own people had so many questions. He then went and watched him play and realized why. He found out pretty quickly. Seems nothing has changed.PC crowd strikes again

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 2/16/2017 at 1:06 PM, McCarthy said:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=128225175&postcount=62

Big Punisher says Seth Jones was only highly rated in his draft year because he's black. 

A scout once told me he couldn't understand the hype about Jones from the media, when their own people had so many questions. He then went and watched him play and realized why. He found out pretty quickly. Seems nothing has changed.PC crowd strikes again

There are jokes, both from within and without, that the Preds needed a new token black guy for their line-up.

I don't think race had anything to do with him being drafted where he was. The kid has a lot of potential.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

20 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

There are jokes, both from within and without, that the Preds needed a new token black guy for their line-up.

I don't think race had anything to do with him being drafted where he was. The kid has a lot of potential.

I actually couldn't believe he fell to 4th and thought the Avs passed up a great opportunity to shore up a weak part of their lineup while taking a hometown kid. It would've been a great story. If anything I think Jones' background actually hurt him. I've heard a lot of people question his hockey IQ and love for the game because his dad played basketball. 

Mackinnon's a good player, but I think at the end of their careers Jones will be more heralded. I was absolutely thrilled when the Blue Jackets landed him. He's so long, his radius is huge, he can cover a lot of space, and when he wants to he can join the rush and completely eliminate the necessity for the dump and chase and his first pass out of the zone is great. He'll only get better defensively, which is the weak part of his game. Offensively he's right where he should be. He's the PMD I've wanted for forever. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

MacKinnon is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins with derpface.

Everyone involved with the Avalanche has a derpface... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Almost two years later and we still aren't worthy of this. Anals of time.

That one's almost as good as the one about being a "perineal contender."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The experts at HFBoards are already on top of the Kevin Shattenkirk to the Washington Capitals trade!

To me though... this is a game changer. I'd be furious if I was a St louis fan. But way back in the day Washington got 5 first round picks for Scott stevens. Those picks amounted to nothing. Maybe St louis owed Washington some apology?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Discounting Stanley Cup titles makes that a candidate for "most HFBoards post of all time"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 4 weeks later...

Risto's was much more reckless than this routine slash.
Just a very unfortunate result for Methot.
Sid's takin' harder whacks on the gloves and i was pissed but i didn't want a suspension.

The "unfortunate result" of this "routine slash" was Crosby's stick removing Marc Methot's finger.

• 8 months later...

"Why did these fun-hating coaches deny the Best Fans In Hockey the joy of P.K. Subban versus Malcolm Subban in the shootout?"
"because Subban is 0/4 in his career in the shootout"

They didn't say it but I will: the reason a guy in his ninth season has only had four shootout attempts isn't because he's a defenseman, or has proven in practice not to be very good at them. It's racism.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

"Why did these fun-hating coaches deny the Best Fans In Hockey the joy of P.K. Subban versus Malcolm Subban in the shootout?"
"because Subban is 0/4 in his career in the shootout"

They didn't say it but I will: the reason a guy in his ninth season has only had four shootout attempts isn't because he's a defenseman, or has proven in practice not to be very good at them. It's racism.

I can't tell if this is for real, or "illustrating absurdity by being absurd".

• 3 weeks later...

Is VGK's success partially due to the October 1st incident?

The Golden Knights are a highly successful team! They could do anything they wanted to do! And they did! Everybody doesn't work at Taco Bell! They have the highest level membership card in the league! They get sushi! COMPED!

• 3 months later...

Archived