HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

But it gets better, courtesy of "TurdFerguson," in this rebuttal to a rebuttal of the above rebuttal:
It's really strange to me that you don't believe sports provide cultural value. I would argue that football holds more cultural value than the entire works of Shakespeare.

The poster doth be an idiot too much.

Someone must be bullying a gay kid, because IT GETS BETTER

I should clarify that I did not in fact mean American football...

Soccer as many call it completely blows Shakespeare out of the water in terms of cultural value.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1474609

Do you think NHL need style points for goals. I think there should be judges who give every goal a number from 1-5. Then you count the total number and get the score.

It would be much better than the system now used. For example Patrick Kane would be even better than he is now.

What do you think? This is very hot topic I think and one that need a very wide discussion over the world.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Thread about NBC Sports Network officially shortening the name to NBCSN. Most are fine with the change. Some people come up with the idea of over time dropping the Network part and just have it called NBC Sports. Others...

National Sports Network sounds good. NSN.
With the Comcast Sports Network's rebranding with the peacock, I'd think that NBCSN over time will just become CSN.
Bring back Vs.

squidward-head-slamming-gif.gif?w=652

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The litany of "expand the league to Houston" posts in the Seattle thread today. JESUS CHRIST YOU DUMBARSES ALEXANDER JUST KICKED THE AEROS OUT OF HIS ARENA BECAUSE HE WANTED THE DATES TO USE FOR OTHER THINGS!

Also Portland seems to have entered the zeitgeist in the last week or so without me noticing and is now the next "can't miss" hockey market.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also Portland seems to have entered the zeitgeist in the last week or so without me noticing and is now the next "can't miss" hockey market.

oReAZ.gif

The litany of "expand the league to Houston" posts in the Seattle thread today. JESUS CHRIST YOU DUMBARSES ALEXANDER JUST KICKED THE AEROS OUT OF HIS ARENA BECAUSE HE WANTED THE DATES TO USE FOR OTHER THINGS!

People were pushing for Houston in the NHL back when I first signed up here, and it becomes less and less likely with each passing year.

Houston would be Atlanta with more swampass. Have fun getting everyone from The Woodlands downtown and back on a weeknight in that sprawling, congested armpit.

People were pushing for Houston in the NHL back when I first signed up here, and it becomes less and less likely with each passing year.

When you first signed up here, Phoenix = bad idea was still kind of debatable.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I still think Phoenix was a decent idea back in 1996. Maybe not at the expense of Winnipeg, but an idea worth pursuing anyway. We've long since passed the point where a sensible league would have curt their losses though.

It's pretty exciting to be able to witness the change in the Coyotes fortunes going forward with RSE in control.

And to be able to do what the NHL couldn't (even with the availability and knowledge of the best practices information from 29 member clubs) ... Breaking even in 2014-15, and being profitable in 2015-16 and onward !

Go Team Gosbee !!!

I didn't know they made hallucinogens this strong.

Today, we are all otaku.

It's pretty exciting to be able to witness the change in the Coyotes fortunes going forward with RSE in control.

And to be able to do what the NHL couldn't (even with the availability and knowledge of the best practices information from 29 member clubs) ... Breaking even in 2014-15, and being profitable in 2015-16 and onward !

Go Team Gosbee !!!

I did. Talk to every Jags fan.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I still think Phoenix was a decent idea back in 1996. Maybe not at the expense of Winnipeg, but an idea worth pursuing anyway. We've long since passed the point where a sensible league would have curt their losses though.

Phoenix could have worked as an expansion team that had a clear business plan involving a hockey-specific arena in the right place. Remember that the Jets were going to move to Minneapolis but for a failure to secure a lease at the Target Center, and had to be hustled to Phoenix at something near the last minute (the franchise drafted as the Winnipeg Jets in the summer of '96). If they had a building that could fit a rink, if they weren't fast-tracked there, if they gave the franchise to solid ownership instead of playing hot potato among a bunch of charlatans, they could have been what the Blue Jackets are -- at best. However, all the good organizational planning in the world could never undo the Phoenix area's endemic poor urban planning and poorer financial planning. The housing bubble would've nuked this market one way or the other, in all likelihood.

And no, it shouldn't have come at the expense of Winnipeg. No presence in the Sun Belt should have ever come at the expense of Canada, the midwest, or the northeast. That's your bedrock. If committing to the bedrock means you only have room for expanding to Denver, Dallas, etc and not putzing around in tiny little redneck backwaters like Nashville and Raleigh, so much the better for everyone.

Phoenix could have worked as an expansion team that had a clear business plan involving a hockey-specific arena in the right place. Remember that the Jets were going to move to Minneapolis but for a failure to secure a lease at the Target Center, and had to be hustled to Phoenix at something near the last minute (the franchise drafted as the Winnipeg Jets in the summer of '96). If they had a building that could fit a rink, if they weren't fast-tracked there, if they gave the franchise to solid ownership instead of playing hot potato among a bunch of charlatans, they could have been what the Blue Jackets are -- at best. However, all the good organizational planning in the world could never undo the Phoenix area's endemic poor urban planning and poorer financial planning. The housing bubble would've nuked this market one way or the other, in all likelihood.

And no, it shouldn't have come at the expense of Winnipeg. No presence in the Sun Belt should have ever come at the expense of Canada, the midwest, or the northeast. That's your bedrock. If committing to the bedrock means you only have room for expanding to Denver, Dallas, etc and not putzing around in tiny little redneck backwaters like Nashville and Raleigh, so much the better for everyone.

Agreed. Phoenix wasn't going to work out long term but in 1996? I could see the appeal. It should have been apparent by the mid 2000s that this thing wasn't going to work though.

Of course luck were to have it, the teams that moved to Denver and Dallas would become not just good teams, but powerful ones for the next 10-15 years.(When I first got into hockey those were the teams that were the best and I hated them along with Detroit)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Go Team Gosbee !!!

I did. Talk to every Jags fan.

I have no idea whether you still harbour bitter feelings about the Jags beating the Steelers in the 2007 playoffs or something, but this weird vendetta you have against Jags fans is something we do not need to be reading about in every damned thread, especially a hockey thread. Give it a rest.

spacer.png

Archived