HFBoards Bad Comment Aggregator Thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the rest of the list is just established teams that you expect to win (surprised Chicago's not on there by his standards) except for Ottawa. (homer comment)

You'd expect Nashville to win?

I said the rest of the list, I had already singled out Nashville.

They've only missed the playoffs twice since the 04-05 lockout.

Including last year, I think there going to be a few catfishes short of a river this season.

The Predators gave Eric Nystrom $10 million over four with a no-trade clause. I don't want to hear about how smart David Poile is. Nobody does that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...

Unsurprisingly, "monster_bertuzzi" does not have sympathy for serious spinal injuries:

Why do canucks fans want to see this guy fail so badly? Its kind of morbid.

Because he was a huge ***** the past two seasons (albeit in all fairness coming off a broken back).

Mason Raymond: the broken-back bitch

• 2 weeks later...

Varlamov talk. Like nuts and gum, HFBoards and r/mensrights, TOGETHER AT LAST

Lots of patriarchy in this thread. Check your privilege.

"Check your privilege" is the most beta thing ever said by anyone

So many whiteknights in this thread - It's amazing. She's not gonna sleep with you.

Varly was just taking the red pill, guys!

User "Calirose" offered the following trade proposal:

To Boston:

Morgan Rielly

Joffrey Lupul

To Toronto:

Patrice Bergeron

Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton:

James Reimer

David Clarkson

Yes, because the Bruins are definitely looking to deal the heart and soul of their team, as well as their future captain. If that's not bad enough, Leafs fans come to the rescue to quickly try to justify the trade, for example, the comments by firstemperor:

Boston gets more than fair value for Bergeron, perhaps a bit too much. Rielly + Lupul for Bergeron. Even though I'm not high on Yak, he commands more value than Reimer + Clarkson. Everyone knows Clarkson took a hefty discount to spurn the Oilers for the Leafs but he won't command that package. Realistically, Yak's value is about Reimer + Gardiner, nothing more and nothing less from either side. However, we all know that their fans will continue the Reimer hyperbole. From our side, we have no interest in dealing either of our goaltenders because we know how important that position is as a premium in this league.
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yeah, that's all kinds of stupid, but you know what? Given the Bruins/Leafs track record I'm not feeling super cool about B's fans taking pot shots at Leafs fans.

Seriously, winning regular season games by 5 goals and going to the Cup Finals off of a devastating third period collapse wasn't enough?

Congrats on the World Series though.

Yeah, that's all kinds of stupid, but you know what? Given the Bruins/Leafs track record I'm not feeling super cool about B's fans taking pot shots at Leafs fans.

Seriously, winning regular season games by 5 goals and going to the Cup Finals off of a devastating third period collapse wasn't enough?

Congrats on the World Series though.

I would have commented regardless of the team. There does seem to be a theme though on HFBoards with Leafs fans where they extremely overvalue their own players and severely undervalue players they want. Case in point was Mike Komisarek. They talked a ton of crap about the guy (and probably justified) yet when it came time for trade proposals, they wanted a kings ransom for him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Probably justified? It was. It was clear that he wasn't long for the team. You give that information to a bunch of idiots on the Internet, and you'll get what you got.

Which is my point. They were idiots. Finding the worst examples of ANY NHL fanbase at HFBoards isn't hard. The place is the cesspool of hockey fandom.

Going there to point and laugh at Leafs fans? Given how one sided the Leafs/Bruins rivalry has been? Yeah, seemed like poor form.

In something you'd think Don Cherry would say (2nd quote)

You guys are ridiculous. He shouldn't cheer for Canadian teams just because he's Canadian. Windsor is closer to Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago then Toronto
Who said he has to cheer for a Canadian team? The point is he lives on Canadian soil, so he has no reason to complain. Should we encourage a Californian who is complaining because he can't watch the Winnipeg Jets for free? Someone who lives in California should expect to pay extra to watch out-of-market games from Manitoba.

PRO TIP: Windsor is literally across a river from Detroit, which is why the OP was complaining about the CRTC rules that prevent him from watching Red Wing games considering Windsor roots for Detroit teams or whatever.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

MOD WARNING

Make any jokes about Roy, post pictures making light of the situation, post libelous speculation, etc, and you'll be threadbanned immediately. Let's have some semblance of a mature discussion without resorting to ethnic slurs, libel, or trolling.

ALSO any Miller jokes or talks is off topic and trolling ,, Don't post it (BWC)

well you're no fun

I'm surprised Windsor cable systems don't have Fox Sports Detroit, but then the CRTC is all about stupid cultural protectionism.

ALSO any Miller jokes or talks is off topic and trolling ,, Don't post it (BWC)

Also, I think blackhawkswincup is IRL brain-damaged and the fact that he has a position of authority there just blows my mind to smithereens. He seriously doesn't know to end a sentence with a period.

I just want him to get back to hockey now, it's not in my interest to judge someone else because after all we can only judge ourselfs.

"It's not my place to judge someone if he wants to beat his girlfriend! Can't he just come back to SPORTS!?"

With regard to suspending Varlamov while things get sorted out, "billybudd" worries

If this became precedent, teams would try to entrap other players during the playoffs. Or Hell, fans would do that on their own.

Archived