NCAA Football 14

MGoBlue98

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no blue helmets for Illinois... Shame.

Anyone know if they've touched the team creator build?

Does EA Sports give schools contact info if their errors to their uniforms?

I doubt anybody from the school is looking or cares and I'm sure tons of people let EA know when there are uniform errors.

Assuming that TeamBuilder will be its same crappy and disappointing self.

Does a bear crap in the woods?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Amazing that they can completely detail out a team like Akron but still miss the UGA facemasks and Michigan road jerseys.

I realize they're only human, but you'd think they would put a little tighter quality control on the more popular teams rather than schools like Louisiana-Lafayette.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I doubt anybody from the school is looking or cares and I'm sure tons of people let EA know when there are uniform errors.

really? you wouldn't think that a school would want to make sure that it's image, uniform or otherwise is being used correctly?

really? you wouldn't think that a school would want to make sure that it's image, uniform or otherwise is being used correctly?

They hire firms to sue those that use it in a negative way or try to steal it. I doubt anyone in the Georgia athletic department cares that their facemasks are the wrong color, etc... They aren't hiring 18 years olds.

I doubt anybody from the school is looking or cares

You obviously haven't looked at wILL-INI's profile or website.

Completely incorrect.

EA sends schools and their uniform manufacturers proofs of the uniforms that will be in game and they make corrections and revisions. We had them remove the 2009 black jersey as a usable option last season at our now-former head coach's request. In the last couple of years, Nike, Adidas and Under Armour have taken the lead in working with EA to send them revisions and artwork for new and alternated uniforms so they can get in the game even quicker. With the addition of free DLC last year, the relationship deepened.

The schools are VERY involved with and interested in the game. It's a huge tool in recruiting because it's the only way you can put a player in your uniform in your stadium on a gameday. The schools want everything just right and work a lot with EA to get it that way. We've had someone review the game and submit photos, sounds and notes to EA nearly every year since I've been around the program. When we added a new full-LED video board and LED ribbon boards, EA was copied on the final proofs and mock-ups before installation so they could get i the game a year early.

Certainly, I can't speak for every school, but I know the other SEC schools to similar things, and I've talked to people at other BCS-level schools who also have a lot of interaction with EA on the game. The SEC even worked with EA so the banners and field logos for the SEC Championship game were correct.

Completely incorrect.

EA sends schools and their uniform manufacturers proofs of the uniforms that will be in game and they make corrections and revisions. We had them remove the 2009 black jersey as a usable option last season at our now-former head coach's request. In the last couple of years, Nike, Adidas and Under Armour have taken the lead in working with EA to send them revisions and artwork for new and alternated uniforms so they can get in the game even quicker. With the addition of free DLC last year, the relationship deepened.

The schools are VERY involved with and interested in the game. It's a huge tool in recruiting because it's the only way you can put a player in your uniform in your stadium on a gameday. The schools want everything just right and work a lot with EA to get it that way. We've had someone review the game and submit photos, sounds and notes to EA nearly every year since I've been around the program. When we added a new full-LED video board and LED ribbon boards, EA was copied on the final proofs and mock-ups before installation so they could get i the game a year early.

Certainly, I can't speak for every school, but I know the other SEC schools to similar things, and I've talked to people at other BCS-level schools who also have a lot of interaction with EA on the game. The SEC even worked with EA so the banners and field logos for the SEC Championship game were correct.

So that's why it took years to get TCU's new uniforms in the game?

Completely incorrect.

When I worked at UConn, I saw the packet that EA sent over every year with the uniforms in them. Everything BRice16 said is spot on. The reason TCU didn't get their uniforms in for years is just as much TCU's fault as it is EA's.

EA's not very good at specifics sometimes.

Only one man on Texas A&M wears the "12th Man" base layer. Yet EA put it on all the players who have base layers.

I'm sure their base layer file is the same for all players, so it wasn't possible to do a different number for each player model.

I see they dropped old uniforms they had left in the game in previous years, such as Arkansas's. Also, I noticed that all of Army's alts disappeared, yet they left in Navy's and Air Force's. Last year they only offered two free updates if I recall and then charged for later updates that happened to all be manufacturer specific. Frankly, some were rather odd unless you were an alum of the school, why shell out extra for it? Some that you had to pay for last year are already in there. I'll be interested to see if they offer any of Indiana's alts later in the year. They never updated many schools that announced their changes in the spring last year, such as Vandy, which has been updated for this version.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I am so mad after seeing the VT uniforms on the demo. Last year there was a problem with the orange jersey, where they placed numbers on both the sleeve and shoulder, which covered the stripe. I was hoping for a patch last year for it, since they are my favorite jerseys to play with, but they never did. and it seems as they didnt fix it this year either. also, they have a problem with placing a grey facemask on many helmets in the demo.

I see they dropped old uniforms they had left in the game in previous years, such as Arkansas's. Also, I noticed that all of Army's alts disappeared, yet they left in Navy's and Air Force's. Last year they only offered two free updates if I recall and then charged for later updates that happened to all be manufacturer specific. Frankly, some were rather odd unless you were an alum of the school, why shell out extra for it? Some that you had to pay for last year are already in there. I'll be interested to see if they offer any of Indiana's alts later in the year. They never updated many schools that announced their changes in the spring last year, such as Vandy, which has been updated for this version.

I read that the video shows only the preset combinations, and that there other jerseys & pants still in the game. I don't know if that's true, but it's what I read.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I read that the video shows only the preset combinations, and that there other jerseys & pants still in the game. I don't know if that's true, but it's what I read.

It's definitely possible as it has happened in past games. For instance, in last year's game, you could use SMU's old navy helmet for no apparent reason, and also UTSA had orange socks that weren't a part of any presets, along with some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Archived