NCAA Football 14

MGoBlue98

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're really going back to the old Bill Walsh's College Football days where there's only like 30 schools and half of them don't even have the correct name, that's going to SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK so hard.

Here's a lil' taste (or reminder) of that...

I always liked this game:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't know if this was mentioned but there will be a College Football 15.

http://www.pastapadr...e-into-next-gen

They better hope that they can get a deal done with CLC otherwise it would be next to impossible to negotiate with individual schools and extremely difficult to work out licensing deals at the conference level. It still seems somewhat unsettled as the potential lawsuits would not go away but the complaints likely be directed at CLC as opposed to the ncaa which continues the legal mess.

If we're really going back to the old Bill Walsh's College Football days where there's only like 30 schools and half of them don't even have the correct name, that's going to SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK so hard.

Here's a lil' taste (or reminder) of that...

I always liked this game:

I had that for the Genesis.

It was fun... for 1995... But I really hope they have ALL schools in what ever the next college football game will be. Although, I'm sure that's just wishful thinking now. I mean, it's bad enough there were no FCS schools, now they may be getting back to how it used to be when there were under 50.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I don't know if this was mentioned but there will be a College Football 15.

http://www.pastapadr...e-into-next-gen

They better hope that they can get a deal done with CLC otherwise it would be next to impossible to negotiate with individual schools and extremely difficult to work out licensing deals at the conference level. It still seems somewhat unsettled as the potential lawsuits would not go away but the complaints likely be directed at CLC as opposed to the ncaa which continues the legal mess.

The CLC and EA are also currently both defendants in the O'Bannon case against the NCAA. But know that CLC is owned by IMG, who has media partnerships with many major athletic departments through IMG College. IMG is a private company, so there is little detail on their total revenues, but when one buys up collegiate rights and holds CLC, there must be a lot of cash ready for them to make, especially when the school make less than 11 cents on the dollar for every item purchased. The royalty rate is LOW!

It could go "Bill Walsh' all over again.

And there are a small group of schools who use LRG to for their marketing, instead of CLC. NC State, K-State, IA State, UNLV, MS State, Baylor, SMU, Houston, So Miss and most of the MAC, Big South, and many HBCUs use them too.

Ohio State and Indiana do their own licensing.

So far, I enjoy the gameplay in this year's version best of all. The variety of tackles and movements seems like a leap compared to previous versions of the game. Although, I must admit I had a bizarre situation where on 3rd and goal, I tossed it into the endzone and the cornerback intercepted the ball while falling out of bounds. I hesitated calling the next play hoping it would be a booth review and the game came through, but instead of calling the cornerback out of bounds, they awarded me a touchdown despite my receiver not even touching the ball. The cornerback did get his toe inbounds according to the replay, but they didn't give him an interception. I even watched an instant replay again, and my receiver never touched the ball. Still, this year is a keeper for me.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

So far, I enjoy the gameplay in this year's version best of all. The variety of tackles and movements seems like a leap compared to previous versions of the game. Although, I must admit I had a bizarre situation where on 3rd and goal, I tossed it into the endzone and the cornerback intercepted the ball while falling out of bounds. I hesitated calling the next play hoping it would be a booth review and the game came through, but instead of calling the cornerback out of bounds, they awarded me a touchdown despite my receiver not even touching the ball. The cornerback did get his toe inbounds according to the replay, but they didn't give him an interception. I even watched an instant replay again, and my receiver never touched the ball. Still, this year is a keeper for me.

So at least the replacement refs are still working!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Confirmed by Steve_OS over at Op Sports.

"Just received confirmation that the NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack DLC will arrive Tuesday 07/23 (timing based on 1st party). It will be free and contain about 20 teams. The full list of teams will be released Monday."

So will College Football 15 be avalible for Xbox 360/PS3? They would lose most of their sales if it's only release for the Xbox One/PS4 like the statement suggests.

The next-generation consoles are coming out this fall. Hasn't almost every iteration of the various EA Sports franchises only been produced for the latest consoles available?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

So will College Football 15 be avalible for Xbox 360/PS3? They would lose most of their sales if it's only release for the Xbox One/PS4 like the statement suggests.

The next-generation consoles are coming out this fall. Hasn't almost every iteration of the various EA Sports franchises only been produced for the latest consoles available?

Nope, NCAA 10 I think was available for the PS2 as well as the PS3, 360, and PSP. It was the year that had different covers for the different systems

sig.jpg

Not at all. EA's last version on the PS2 was NCAA 11.

I would love to eventually see a game with FBS, FCS, DII, and DIII. I know that's a lot to ask, but it's doable.

Hopefully someone else will add it to their version. Probably not D2 and below but hopefully FCS. I guess next year they'll need a new name since FBS has a playoff

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I bet that espn will pick college football 15 it's a money maker. But does anyone know what teams are getting the uniform update?

Later today we will. My guess is Cal, Uconn, Baylor, Maryland idk the rest.

thanks also as ea fixed the defense yet I was in a tourney with my friends and got screwed over so many times because of the poor defense

I would love to eventually see a game with FBS, FCS, DII, and DIII. I know that's a lot to ask, but it's doable.

I don't know if it's doable for a for-profit company like EA. The number of additional games they would sell, versus the amount of time and licensing fees they would have to spend getting all those teams right, probably isn't worth it. Plus, how would they possibly be able to come close to accurate ratings for players in the lower divisions, when TV and media coverage is spotty at best?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I bet that espn will pick college football 15 it's a money maker. But does anyone know what teams are getting the uniform update?

Later today we will. My guess is Cal, Uconn, Baylor, Maryland idk the rest.

thanks also as ea fixed the defense yet I was in a tourney with my friends and got screwed over so many times because of the poor defense

No. They are making sure you use the coach points. I have a OC who has a level 8 but my DC is level 14. Fortunately the coach that left Kansas State left me a solid DC. When I left Walker Univ. they were both 8's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived