World Gridiron

Julius Seizure

Hey everyone,

Long time, no see!

As many times as I've tweaked my IFL project, I can never get fully satisfied with it. So there's no sense telling you this is the final run. But I can still show you my progress!

I've been in the graphic design program at UNT for about a year now, so I've left Inkscape behind, and graduated to Adobe. I used my free time to mess with the league quite a bit. It's given me an opportunity to learn the .ai interface and learn .psd tricks with textures and effects.

As you can see, it made name change, and the league logo got a more modern facelift.

LeagueLogo_zpsf637da7e.jpg

LeagueLogo2_zps559e00dc.jpg

Being that this is a fictional concept, I thought it would be neat to steer clear of existing brands and make a uniform template from a fictional brand; Hydra Athletics:

PaperDisplay_zps286eb907.jpg

Here's the Hydra template. It has a unique mesh pattern in the jersey and pants, and something new to the football world: A wishbone style collar. And I made my own Revo Speed template to go with the unis, as each player in the league will wear that model

Uniform-Display_zpsbe321feb.jpg

Uniform-Display2_zps343165ac.jpg

Paper-Display_zpsbfc2e8b0.jpg

I'm willing to share the helmet template for anyone who wants it. I don't know how to convert it to svg., but I'm sure some of you do.

The teams are coming soon, there's been a ton of changes, so stay tuned!!!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

LOVE the helmet template and glad to see you're willing to share. I'll just have to wait for one of our brainiacs to convert it to .SVG!

As for what you've done so far, I think it's very clean and looks great. I really like the idea of using a fictional apparel company and really looking forward to what you have in store for us this go around!

Glad you're back Julius!

This is awesome. Love that you constructed your own template. Really looking forward to this!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Loved the IFL series, can't wait to see where this one goes! When someone transfers this to .svg send it my way chrisclement253@gmail.com

Glad to see you back, the concepts section needs more of this! I'm assuming your template is in AI, right? I can convert it if you're looking for a volunteer.

Love the originality in creating a new supplier and cut. You've taken this league to a new level. Can't wait to see more of this. Nice work!

Glad to see this back, can't wait to see what you have in store.

Although I like the idea of creating your own company the jersey cut seems quite similar to Adidas' due to the seamless mesh design and it looks like the pants cut would prevent full length stripes. Also with the helmet, if it was say a deal with ridell to make all players wear their helmets wouldn't they make it the 360?

Welcome to the world of Adobe and I'm really looking forward to this Julius. I love the process man. The Hydra brand is genius. The only thing I can say is, why not create your own helmet as well? More futuristic.Just some ideas...

helmet_3_a.jpg

helmet_34_1.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

@Doug: If you want to convert it, be my guest! I'll try to send it your way later this afternoon.

@GotPixels & lancealot: I've actually flirted with the idea of making a whole new helmet concept, but I would want a photorealistic psd. to go with it. I think the RevoSpeed is the best looking helmet out right now, so the idea of an entire line of scrimmage wearing 'Speeds is awesome to me. That Bulwork helmet you posted is really neat, but I'm not sure if all those seams and partitions wouldn't get in the way of the more ambitious decals. I guess if I could change anything about the RevoSpeed, I'd get rid of those awkward vent holes near the back. I'm sure this is a problem most of us have encountered or noticed by now.

wow...that mesh template is awesome Julius.. Did you make that or is it a template I can find somewhere?

I just took this image from google, and added layers and effects on photoshop

PS, Sorry about the delay with the helmet Template. I haven't sent it to Doug yet. I've been so swamped. I WILL send it to him today though!

TRICOT-MESH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived