2017 World Baseball Classic (USA is WBC Champion, 2021 Bracket on bottom of Page 9)

RoughRiders99

Awesome so far. The only compliant I have is pretty minor. I would lose the fleur-de-lis for France. The fleaur-de-lis was a symbol of the French monarchy, not the French Republic. It would be a bit like a modern day Russian team using the hammer and sickle.

Thank you for the clarification and the history lesson. Wouldn't want to offend anybody from France! What would you suggest I replace it with?

My least favorite is Sri Lanka. On their home and away the undershirt needs to be blue instead of yellow. Also, the all blue uniforms need to have yellow socks. Love the batting practice uniform for Sri Lanka. Can not wait to see more.

I'll have to say that I agree with you. When I finished Sri Lanka, I felt like it was the worst one out of the Pool, probably because of the yellow sleeves. But I guess I was wanting to try something different since most of the countries are a dominantly blue nation. But sometimes you gotta go with what they have. And yellow socks, yeah, I can totally see them working with blue pants.

Thanks for the feedbacks!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great job. I agree that Sri Lanka needs a little work, but Thailand is fantastic and so is Pakistan. My one other specific suggestion would be to work on Indonesia's cap logo, right now it looks more like a number one than a letter I. Try using sort of a cursive font or maybe just getting rid of the little edge at the top.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I really enjoy that you are doing this series. I have always wondered what other national baseball teams would look like in a wbc jersey. Now, I am getting a pretty good idea by your concepts. Can not wait to see Ecuador.

Has anyone pointed out that the spelling of Sri Lanka is wrong?

Wow... I feel stupid for just noticing that...

CRAAAAPPPP......thanks for pointing it out, lol.

Yeah, I'll fix it, along with minor updates with the other teams/countries.

Don't worry guys. I know this thread looks "dead" but it's just on hold because, you know...life. Yeah.

Made some minor changes to three of the existing teams: Sir Lanka, Indonesia and France.

Ejb3RZw.jpg

Changes:

Corrected the Sri Lanka spelling

Changed yellow sleeves to blue on the home whites

Changed blue socks to yellow socks on the alts

Al6aRyL.jpg

Change:

Simply changed the cap logo to make it more clear that it's an "I," not a "1."

H4xYfQ6.jpg

Change:

Swapped out the Fleur-de-lis for the rooster, which is France's current national symbol.

Seems like nobody commented on the updated uniforms :-(

Oh well. Here's Pool C!!

Nicaragua

Pretty simple here for a long-time baseball country. The stripes on the sleeve and the collar matches their country flag.

UOax6c9.jpg

Argentina

Their home alts (2nd from right) is pretty much based on their national football team with the thicker-than-normal pinstripes. The sun logo is from their flag and is on all jerseys, either as a patch logo or chest logo.

nLRjR23.jpg

Ecuador

For some reason, I feel like this country's uniforms should be pretty vibrant, and I think I've achieved that. Hopefully. Either way, I really like it a lot.

suB5yeW.jpg

Bahamas

Their cap logo is probably one of my favorites. It's hard to see in the picture, but the home caps are pretty much a replicate of the Bahamas flag. On the bill, it's a black triangle with the a little of the tip slightly on the front panel. In a nutshell, if you look at the cap from a bird's eye view, then you'll see the Bahamas flag.

TDD5QtO.jpg

Would really appreciate your comments and insights!

Thanks!!

Czech Republic (host, but playing in U.S.) - yeah, since Czech Republic most likely doesn't have a suitable baseball stadium to host a round, the games would be held at Disney World in Florida, USA, where the Braves' spring training home is. The uniforms here aren't too shabby IMO. I liked their WBC set from 2012, so I just gave it a fuller set and a bit more modernization as well.

kx4uiDm.jpg

Croatia - When I saw their soccer uniforms, I knew I had to make a pizza box style jersey, because I'm sure they'd sell fast in the country and probably all over the world. Just so unique and I really think it works here for baseball, which tends to be a traditional sport.

8LY5yRl.jpg

Greece - Classic, timeless pinstripes for a classic, timeless country. I don't think there needs to be much here.

5IvDQGE.jpg

Russia - This was pretty much what I had in mind for Russia, long before I made this set. I wanted Russia to be mostly red but with a hint of blue in there, to avoid the cliched USSR marks. I don't know about you guys, but I think this set works for Russia.

MdzPw2N.jpg

Well, that's it for the Sub-Qualifiers Round! Four pools down! I'll probably run some kind of simulation (I have no idea what the system would be. If you have suggestions, throw them out here, please!) and then I'll get started on the next round, the Qualifying Round!

These just keep getting better!

Czech Republic: Very clean, very nice. They're my favorite of this sub-group.

Greece: I'm not too sure how I feel about the horizontal stripes on the cap mixing with the vertical stripes of the jersey but it's not a bad concept overall. I'm surprised the socks/stirrups with the white stripes are only used once; I figured they'd look good with any of the pinstripe pants. The jerseys and pants themselves look great though.

Croatia: Finally, someone did something awesome with one of the more unique identities in international sports! Those socks are absolutely awesome. I wasn't sure if you'd go with the checkers for a braid on the pants or jersey to compliment the socks but the look is nice. I gotta say though, as much as I want to like the checkered jersey...the entire look reminds me of a horse jockey. I don't know if it would be better with just checkered sleeves or numbers or something else but something seems off. Especially the hat that goes with it. A great use of the look with the other four though. With such a unique design as the checkers, have you considered using Croatia's spelling of their country for one of the jerseys?

Russia: I love the use of colors in the overall look and I agree with you on minimizing the blue a bit, but with that large 'P' on their hat and with a primary color combo of red and white, they could probably be mistaken for Poland by the casual fan.

I'm still in awe and I can't wait for what's next.

On Croatia's bp jersey, shouldn't the top insert also be checkered. You have done that on a lot of other uniforms but i thought you wanted them to look like that: examples are France and Indonesia.

Archived