NBA to expand short-sleeve audition

oldschoolvikings

The way I see it, as an out of shape, rather pale fan, sleeved basketball jerseys mean I can wear the jerseys and not be self conscious... Perhaps this is why I have no basketball jerseys in my collection; I mean, if I can;t wear it, then I'm not going to buy it. But, no doubt, I am in the vast minority here. So, let's hope the Pelicans come up with a nice sleeved jersey... just for me...

Can't you just wear a shirt underneath it?

Maybe adidas should make an official NBA undershirt.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trouble with the "let normal people wear NBA jerseys" theory is that the Warriors jersey fits very tightly, like a compression shirt, whereas a soccer jersey fits pretty much like a normal athletic-fit shirt. Sleeves or no sleeves, it's the same problem: you have to be jacked to really pull off a basketball jersey, otherwise you look real dorky.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The replicas will probably be "Americanized".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

pDIT-13212385dt.jpg

Man that just looks so awkward. I have no idea who that appeals to.

I agree. I think people look fine wearing soccer jerseys, but this just doesn't look right for casual wear.

pDIT-13212385dt.jpg

It's tough to tell if that's fitted or not, though being that it's an "L", it does look pretty tapered.

They'd look better if there was some kind of sleeve trim, because due to the way the seams and inserts are, it looks like a regular jersey with sleeves just appended to the shoulders.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

pDIT-13212385dt.jpg

It's tough to tell if that's fitted or not, though being that it's an "L", it does look pretty tapered.

They'd look better if there was some kind of sleeve trim, because due to the way the seams and inserts are, it looks like a regular jersey with sleeves just appended to the shoulders.

It appears to be fitted in the top/arms and much looser in the midsection which means it will fit...nobody.comfortably.

Its summer league and all.

But it just reminds me how much I hate what Adidas has done with the 'inbetween' branding of each team. I know I harp on this. BUT I HATE HOMOGENIZED DESIGN THAT CATERS TO BRANDS INSTEAD OF TEAMS.

Yes, shouting that was necessary. Contrary to what my office-neighbors may think.

The way I see it, as an out of shape, rather pale fan, sleeved basketball jerseys mean I can wear the jerseys and not be self conscious... Perhaps this is why I have no basketball jerseys in my collection; I mean, if I can;t wear it, then I'm not going to buy it. But, no doubt, I am in the vast minority here. So, let's hope the Pelicans come up with a nice sleeved jersey... just for me...

Can't you just wear a shirt underneath it?

Maybe adidas should make an official NBA undershirt.

Believe it or not, they already do....

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4201274

x0y5nq.png

why is it black? is navy too hard to make? and i hate the lack of yellow on the white.

From the NBA thread...

Also, these jerseys (as mentioned in the article) will be BLACK, not Navy, due to Navy not being available when they were ordered.

Because black is 30% lighter and absorbs moisture better. The technology in black fabric is the wave of the evolution of how we defy the notion that black is heavy, whereas in reality, it is lighter.

Go A's!

But it just reminds me how much I hate what Adidas has done with the 'inbetween' branding of each team. I know I harp on this. BUT I HATE HOMOGENIZED DESIGN THAT CATERS TO BRANDS INSTEAD OF TEAMS.

Yes, shouting that was necessary. Contrary to what my office-neighbors may think.

Preach on, brother. I just watched 2 minutes of a WNBA game and thought the same thing. Hard to take your league seriously as professional when it dresses like a rec league, with all teams wearing the same uniform in different colors.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Preach on, brother. I just watched 2 minutes of a WNBA game and thought the same thing. Hard to take your league seriously as professional when it dresses like a rec league, with all teams wearing the same uniform in different colors.

Amen to that, it pains me to see what the WNBA's let itself become. For every step forward, they take a few back. Aside from the new logo, the WNBA's a complete visual mess. That's by far Adidas' worst offense in the world of sports design for me.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived