PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked through the 4 list I've got so far and there is absolutely NO clear cut favorite. Thats ok because Im using math to figure this out but wow are all of the list so different. For example one of my top 5's is dead last in another list. One list has a team ranked in the bottom 5 that is 2nd in another. And the middle is all a mess. It will be fun to see how this works out!

I've looked through the 4 list I've got so far and there is absolutely NO clear cut favorite. Thats ok because Im using math to figure this out but wow are all of the list so different. For example one of my top 5's is dead last in another list. One list has a team ranked in the bottom 5 that is 2nd in another. And the middle is all a mess. It will be fun to see how this works out!

If you want help with the math, I'm available.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

If you want help with the math, I'm available.

Microsoft Excel for the win! Lol its really a pretty simple formula Im using. Ranking them by there average ranking and in the event of a tie, the break goes to the highest individual ranking. For example, if Timbuktu and Tijuana both average 28.9 and Timbuktu's highest ranking was 17 and Tijuana's highest ranking was a 21, Timbuktu would rank higher. If these tie the second highest will be used and so on. If every thing is still tied the flip of a 1914 Buffalo Nickel will be uses to determine the winner(or just a quarter).

Also if anyone else wants to rank them PM me your rankings and I'll include them. Midnight tonight is the deadline though. I'll try to have the rankings posted sometime this upcoming week. That may be all you see this week though until maybe Friday as I am swamped. Sorry.

I think I may have been the one to rank your Top 5 dead last.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm a little curious as to what others used as their main criteria for ranking the teams. I weighted the logos the most, then color scheme, then alternate jerseys, and finally home and away jerseys. I'm pretty sure that is how the lists can differ so widely.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

My rankings have an element figured in that none of yours can. The design process. Its not just the final product you see but the journey as well. That will of course will skew it a different way I supose but the fact the everyone took a different approach I think will really make things interesting. I will say this: from early projections the team who looks like they will finish on top was NOT ranked 1st by one person. But they were consistantly ranked high. Almost everyone's top pick was ranked low by someone else.

Archived