PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those courts just took the thread over the top, in a good way. I had never seen the previous iterations, so I'm excited to see more. And I don't know what it is about these courts, but it's the first time I've thoughts the hardwood has a reflection to it. In general, that template had never done that for me.

Kudos.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I`m tempted to say use the red and white cross on one zone, and the yellow and black on the other, but are ya just thinking the logo in the middle will get lost there?

Im assuming your talking of Maryland....I did try that way first. it just looked kinda wonky and imbalanced. this way was closer to the flag itself with a different design in each alternating corner.

And here NEW New Hampshire!

WHITETAILS2.jpg

WHITETAILS2-1.jpg

WHITETAILS2-2.jpg

WHITETAILS-4.jpg

Much improved on New Hampshire. One improvement I think you could make is maybe making the orange brighter.

Ya think? I thought this orange had more of the woodsy feel. And the brighter I go it creates a rough contrast with the green.

Much improved on New Hampshire. One improvement I think you could make is maybe making the orange brighter.

Ya think? I thought this orange had more of the woodsy feel. And the brighter I go it creates a rough contrast with the green.

Didn't think about the contrast. It would probably be best just to leave it as is.

Guest darkpiranha

Courts are amazing. Fun seeing YOU have fun playing inside new shapes.

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe finding a few different court textures if possible. For example, the Celtics have the parquet pattern. Some floors have a zig-zag pattern. And there's all sorts of different types of wood to be used. I realize that the type of floor pattern used isn't your main concern when trying to come up with more than a hundred different variations on this, but I think you could have some fun with a little variety in the basic floor types. Additionally, like tennis, you could have some teams insist on playing on non-glossy-wood surfaces (which would sort of mimic the way dodgeball is actually played). Maybe some teams insist on playing on grass. Some on concrete. Some on dirt. Some on asphalt. Surely at least one team has a marble floor. How about thick glass, with a giant fishtank underneath? How cool would it be to see a killer whale swimming around underneath the players?

Just trying to help you fill in all the free time you have.

Archived