PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not big on it either, it just seems like "Sound Hounds" is trying to force the musical connection here, maybe something like Groove, or Sounders, or you could just drop it altogether, and go with "Hounds". There's already a musical-themed team in Memphis, no need to try and force something that's not necessarily there here either. Just a suggestion.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Love the logo, really dislike the name. To me, Sound Hound is too closely associated with the app now, unless that's intentional. Colors match. Plus it misses on an opportunity to tie it more directly into dodgeball. Round Hounds. Sounders. Sound Dogs. Pounders.

Sound Hounds is a great name and you know it

Why is the team in Wheeling and not Charleston?

1.) Charleston is much more centralized

2.) Charleston is also bigger

3.) Wheeling is fairly close to Pittsburgh too.

I just like Wheeling because it was in the Wacky Races episode “Free-Wheelin' to Wheeling” (google it)

Fear the future, envy the past

A music team could be too close to Memphis, and a hound team could be arguably close to Alabama. Maybe you could bring Rocky Top into it with the Nashville Rock Hounds/Rock Dogs. But overall I really think it is an interesting logo set. The secondary and wordmark are really neat, and the dog face on the record is also really cool

Wow....approaching 100 concepts.

Although I haven't commented much, I always tune in to see your latest.

This is an incredible body of work Windell...One of the best on the boards.

Thanks sparky...a real honor coming from you.

Heres a Take 2 on Nashville:

HOUNDS.jpg

#99!!!

South Korea has a top ten space program in the world. I decided to work off of that. This concept keeps it simple and really tries to keep true to the countries humble heritage despite a flashy space themed name. The country flag was an easy pick for inspiration. Its funny because early on I tried to steer away from RWB color schemes because I new eventually there would be concepts where it really fit. I feel like this was one of them and hopefully the black sets it apart from others enough.

Here are the South Korea Comets.

COMETS.jpg

I really am not sure I'll get to number 100 before I leave. I really want to but I still have a lot to back and prep before the trip. I will just let you know it will be a city that has been requested many times. Portland Oregon. ( did I just up and announce a city with no hidden clues??? whoops!)

Is that a hint? My guess is that Portland is next. What's my prize? :D And South Korea looks great. There are a few RWB teams, but the black does set it apart, and I really like this. I love how heavily the flag influenced the concept, too. Very, very clean concept.

I approve of the name change for Nashville.

Seoul is quite nice, but (they should really be reserved for pants, and yet...) the shape of the primary looks almost like a Paint concept.

Look at Samsung, look at Hyundai. Smooth curves, fluid lines. Try to emulate that here.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Archived