PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the double outline be on all different backgrounds or just the white? This concept is great, any particular reasoning behind the 3 spears?

I second that question, and also, just curious about the little design underneath the wordmark. Overall I love the set thus far. Nice color scheme and great logos!

Would the double outline be on all different backgrounds or just the white? This concept is great, any particular reasoning behind the 3 spears?

I second that question, and also, just curious about the little design underneath the wordmark. Overall I love the set thus far. Nice color scheme and great logos!

The little design is Denmark's flag

I know this is what I say to just about everything you make, but WOW. Nothing else to say

I really have a hard time complaining about a complement!

The word marks the only one that would be a smidgen different. There would be a white outline around it to surround the flag and and of course on a red background they're going to only appear to have he single white outline. As for the spears 3 is a pretty big number in Scandinavian lore as is the the case with many cultures. I wish I could say that was the reason but honestly it s was just a design decision to make it look different from Port of spain and Moncton.

Copenhagen is great. You constructed the primary logo very well. Also, what's the meaning of the 3 triangles on the logos?

The three triangles symbol is the "Valknut". It is norse symbol that represent fallen warriors( or at least that the most common meaning Ive found as it is open for various interpretation) But it is on tons of viking artifacts.

Sorry for being annoying but when you do perth call It either

Perth swans (for swan river and swan valley)

Or

Perth kings (for kings park)

You love Perth. You want me to do it next, call it the swans/kings and won't stop asking until I do. All of this you've said before. I will do Perth within the next four concept and I will call them what Ive had penciled in for quite a while now. Thank you for the suggestions Im sure you'll be pleased but for now please give it a rest.

Copenhagen's work mark looks a lot Northern Kentucky's

NKU has a great word mark. Mine wasn't a trace job but It was heavily inspired. It fits the the theme well. Different font, different overall shaping and different colors but yea I had that mark pasted on my canvas to look off of. Ive used pretty much the same method all along.

The little design is Denmark's flag

Oh duh... Gosh, how the heck did I miss that?

So Windell, can we expect Viking horns on the sides of the hats? :P

I really like Copenhagen. I still don't get how you have commitd to such a project and now relatively close to coming out on the other side.

And on the side im half way through my Bachelors in nursing with aminor in New Media Design...haha my wife doesnt get it either lol

Fun Story Time!

After moving the Rams to LA, E. Stan Kroenke decided to buy a PDC team. Unfortunately all of the American teams were spoken for and only one English speaking franchise was available. This franchise was located in Melbourne Australia. The first day being owner rumor began swirling about Kroenke craving another big city team and Sydney being his desired location. He began negations with the Allphones Arena in a deal to share the arena with the Echidnas (ala' Clippers/Lakers). It didn't take long and the deal was made. The owning LLC of the Echidnas were quite furious about having to share their market but didn't have the money to fight the good fight yet. So a settlement was drawn up and the Echidnas agreed to leave town and abandon their National color scheme in exchange for financial support including a 5 year lease being paid by Kroenke his old arena in Melbourne.

Real story...I have a new idea for Sydney and I moved the Echidnas to Melbourne to make room!

ECHIDNAS-5.jpg

ECHIDNAS-6.jpg

ECHIDNAS-7.jpg

ECHIDNAS-8.jpg

Makes me wonder what you've got in store for Sydney now, and I can't think of what you'd do for them now due to the multitude of options for the city. I'm very interested to see what you do with them. Also I like the subtle change of your sig to match this change.

Also I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the first post still lists the last European cities instead of the names (i.e. Lisbon, Portugal instead of Lisbon Flock). Keep up the good work as always Windell!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I figured I'd get right on the new Sydney! I saw a wing a while back that had a similar shape to the Opera House in Sydney. Inspiration! Unfortunately I had all ready done Sydney so I had to move the Echidnas to make room and Viola! Here are the Sydney Cockatoos!

COCKATOOS.gif

Archived