PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good uniforms and court design for Taiwan. I'm especially a fan of the third uniform. For Istanbul, the colors and logos look sharp, and while I do see the similarity to the Triforce in the triangle pattern, I'm almost certain I've seen that pattern before. I can't recall what it's from or its use, but I know I have seen that pattern before. Windell probably has an answer there. Beyond that, keep up the good work man!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I wish I was doing a team from Hyrule! Unfortunately the center part of the primary is straight from the city's municipal logo. You can learn about it at the link below. I really felt one of the worlds oldest cities needed a very simple design that ties directly to the heart of the city's look.

http://arsnotoria.com/2009/03/the-istanbul-municipal-emblem/

I wish I was doing a team from Hyrule! Unfortunately the center part of the primary is straight from the city's municipal logo. You can learn about it at the link below. I really felt one of the worlds oldest cities needed a very simple design that ties directly to the heart of the city's look.

http://arsnotoria.com/2009/03/the-istanbul-municipal-emblem

That makes sense, I don't think you need to change it, just one of those little quirks some logos have

http://arsnotoria.com/2009/03/the-istanbul-municipal-emblem

That makes sense, I don't think you need to change it, just one of those little quirks some logos have

Thats what I love about designing these things. Learning a bit of culture...realizing that symbols like the triforce probably predated the birth of the creator of zelda...its just fun tying all these type things in.

Not sure on the all-red alternate, but the idea for it is good. I'd just make the pants white for the alt. Everything else is great though!

The all red alternate is to fit the country flag.

Also the flickr page is now completely updated.

Also also the Asia/Oceania Coalition Cup bracket will be posted some time to day and the voting will start tomorrow morning!

Guest darkpiranha

On the inside collar, or in tiny print somewhere on the hem of the shirt, it should say "Not Constantinople".

Nothing to complain about with Istanbul's add ons, although the Under Armour logo seems off center on the kits (that or the split for the colors isn't down the middle). I'd try to fix that if possible. Beyond that, I got nothing else - kits are clean and unique, the sublimated triangle pattern looks great, and the court looks awesome - the parquet pattern looks good on them. Good work as always Windell. I assume that Africa and South/Latin America are next?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived