PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. John's logo would be perfect for the Clippers. All they'd have to do is replace the StJ with an LAC.

Ottawa is great, though the colors seem a bit to close to Yukon's. I'm surprised you didn't use the traditional black and red

I would either get rid of the SJ in the middle or make if bigger, right now its just too small to read from any distance.

Ottawa is definitely my favorite set of the entire series, literally perfection

I agree that the center of the helm is too small to read in most circumstances. I thought this on through actually and here's why I decided how I did: I feel that with a small placement of the logo you would see a small orange square. Which I decided is still a good look for them and then on larger depictions you could see a hidden gem of sorts. Thanks a bunch on Ottawa I love it myself.

St. John's logo would be perfect for the Clippers. All they'd have to do is replace the StJ with an LAC.

Ottawa is great, though the colors seem a bit to close to Yukon's. I'm surprised you didn't use the traditional black and red

Two interesting points here:

1. Clippers- I was thinking this as I was making it and I'm considering moving them to LA or NJ when 2.0 rolls around. I have ideas on how I would do the monogram for both.

2.red and black- I got the name for the highlanders from one of the original concept ideas for what became the Ottawa red-blacks of the cfl... I wanted to use the name which fit well historically but separate it from the CFL concept which was red and black(surprisingly) it is close to yukons but not enough that I think would be terribly noticable had I not just done the growlers.

Last point... Ignore this if you did but has anyone noticed the helmsmen H in the negative space of the StJ. Just wanted to point it out since noones mentioned it.

I would either get rid of the SJ in the middle or make if bigger, right now its just too small to read from any distance.

I agree that the center of the helm is too small to read in most circumstances. I thought this on through actually and here's why I decided how I did: I feel that with a small placement of the logo you would see a small orange square. Which I decided is still a good look for them and then on larger depictions you could see a hidden gem of sorts. Thanks a bunch on Ottawa I love it myself.

1. Clippers- I was thinking this as I was making it and I'm considering moving them to LA or NJ when 2.0 rolls around. I have ideas on how I would do the monogram for both.

2.red and black- I got the name for the highlanders from one of the original concept ideas for what became the Ottawa red-blacks of the cfl... I wanted to use the name which fit well historically but separate it from the CFL concept which was red and black(surprisingly) it is close to yukons but not enough that I think would be terribly noticable had I not just done the growlers.

Last point... Ignore this if you did but has anyone noticed the helmsmen H in the negative space of the StJ. Just wanted to point it out since noones mentioned it.

I see what you're saying with Ottawa, I think the silver in the Highlanders' scheme sets it apart enough. The H in the STJ is incredible, probably one of my new favorites of this series!

Wow. I was literally trying to find out what was in there. I couldn't find it, but now that you mention it, I see it, and it is so clever. As others have said, this is one of the best teams of the entire series! Great work!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Where'd my big long comment go? :P geez, that took some time to type up... Frustrating

Ummm... Ottawa's great,definitely a contender in Canada.

St.John's.... what are the blue triangles? I think that you're going for a steering-wheel, compass kind of thing, which works great on the secondary logo by the way, I'm just wondering if there's some meaning behind that, because it looks like a bit of an afterthought.

My big (tiny albeit, but it's killing me) concern actually came with the monogram. I absolutely loved how it worked so well, how the slant on the H (only a few people saw that? waaaat?) just fit perfectly within the letters. Then I noticed that there's a reasonable difference between the two legs on the H, the right side one being thicker. The difference is about the width of the larger blue triangles halfway down....and it's kinda burning my eyes. The fix, I believe, would be moving the S outwards enough, and playing around with the T, seeing what works the best, whether it be making the top off-centred or moving it over a hair.

Lastly, I had close to the same explanation directe at sleuthpanther about the small STJ. The application could be a bit tough, but it's a nice little tid-bit that wouldn't really work that well any bigger. Like you said, even if it's an orange shape, it works.

Well, I saved you from a lot more reading, so there's that. :)

Aw, I was hoping that these guys weren't going to be too hard to vote against once they get to facing Yukon... gosh the extras, jerseys and court, are beautiful. Kinda Colombia Soccer kit-esque with the slanted pinstripes.

Archived