PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

I like that your posting at least one every day or every other day to keep us on our toes . It is going to be fun watching you create mascots for 100 teams. I don't know how you do it. Each one of your uniforms are genus.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOP HOP HOP Here it is! All the way from the land down under and so darn cute. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to do the international league so that I could do animal and culture based concepts that wouldn't fit in the US. I wanted to use a name other than "kangaroo" how ever and i figured what more ornery than a mini-marsupial!?!so here are the Brisbane Joeys!

JOEYS.jpg

JOEYS-1.jpg

Dude...

I love these. My only critique is that they seem to getting more serious. I mean it's dodgeball!

The Kangaroos would have been awesome like this.

44a67bb0f244a35401bc3e95b54d149a.jpg

Alright so this got me thinking. They are Joeys. Kids, this should be less serious more playful. So I tried to tweak it. It turned in to an overhaul. First I put sunglasses on the joeys in the pouch. I liked it but it wasn't much. So I decided to try doing a close up of the face as a new secondary(I wasn't completely sold on the original.) I loved it! I said screw this being the new secondary its the new primary. But there was still a problem. I still didn't give me the cute kiddo I was shooting for. If anything I had the high school superstar quarterback of the kangaroos. So the dilemma try to fix the logos again or change the name. I hated "kangaroos" and "roos". I gave "hoppers" a thought but I may wanna use that for something else. So I looked up what an adult make kangaroo is called. Some are called "bucks". Brandon Jennings wasn't available. But some were called....I give you.....The Brisbane Boomers!

BOOMERS.jpg

BOOMERS-1.jpg

Ok so which is it? Joeys or Boomers? Feedback will make the call.

I'll say Boomers as long as you put the Joeys primary as the Boomers' secondary (both with sunglasses). The current secondary looks a bit odd and I still think that the Joeys logo is tying in enough with the kangaroo swag theme.

Well this ones fun. Took a real historical approach. The beautiful land of the Netherlands was once the great kingdom of Holland. This club is paying homage to that rich history. If there are two things this area is known for it is its windmills and it gorgeous tulip fields. I wanted to incorporate both in to this concept. The yellow, purple, and red stripes represents the tulips fields that are in many cases striped as such. This color scheme is one of my favorites. I hope you like it too. Here are the Amsterdam Hollanders!

HOLLANDERS-1.jpg

HOLLANDERS.jpg

It's basically the colors from the Steelers logo isn't it? Only in this case it's purple instead of blue. This is pretty good.

did not think of that at all. it is pretty close but doesn't use nearly as much white on the logo. I always really liked the Steelers color scheme however I always wished they would use the colors of the Diamonds more throughout their entire kit. anyhoo thanks for the feedback guys.

Well this ones fun. Took a real historical approach. The beautiful land of the Netherlands was once the great kingdom of Holland. This club is paying homage to that rich history. If there are two things this area is known for it is its windmills and it gorgeous tulip fields. I wanted to incorporate both in to this concept. The yellow, purple, and red stripes represents the tulips fields that are in many cases striped as such. This color scheme is one of my favorites. I hope you like it too. Here are the Amsterdam Hollanders!

HOLLANDERS-1.jpg

HOLLANDERS.jpg

While awesome concept there, would the nickname be a little redundant?

Hey guys remember me? Its been a busy weekend so I haven't had much time to design but I was able to get back at it today. I headed back inside the country for this one. The flag of Utah predominately features a beehive and bees and honey sales are a big part of their economy. I based this design on that. Hope you enjoy the Utah Buzz!

BUZZ.jpg

BUZZ-1.jpg

Archived