PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I earlier alluded, I wanted to make a concept for the Northeast Division in the ADA because it was the only division without. I somewhat randomly decided to do New Hampshire and decided to base the concept off of the state animal, the white tailed deer. I started making the deer and just let the color scheme form around that. With the word mark I decided to keep the state in all lowercase based on a logo for the states tourism website. the lower case "n" and "h" really keep the words flowing. One thing I really like about this is that I got to use the tree backdrop I made many moons ago. I made it originally for the Archers court and have been looking for another chance to use it since. The jerseys here seemed like a perfect fit. I hope you like the New Hampshire Whitetails!!

WHITETAILS-2.jpg

WHITETAILS-1.jpg

I think there are ten shirts laying around the house somewhere that look exactly like the New Hampshire jerseys

Is that a good thing?

I think New Hampshire looks great, but what's bugging me is that the 'N' and 'H' in New Hampshire aren't capitalized. Fix that and you'll complete yet another fine set.

I went ahead and changed that. Its a small tweak so I wont post it but I will show up on the Flickr site once I decide its "finalized". I had an idea for a secondary that would incorporate the shape of the lowercase "nh" but that didnt pan out as planed. I like the current secondary alot better anyway.

Thanks for the feedback guys!.

Guest darkpiranha

Not sure I'm liking this one. The "this looks like ten shirts I have lying around" is NOT a good thing. It just looks like a shirt you can buy at Gander Mountain that has a picture of a deer on it. On top of that, you pretty much have a deer's butt sticking into your face as the logo. I liken it to having a team called the Baboons, and the logo features two inflamed red cheeks staring us in the face. If this was a jokey fantasy football team, sure, but I think you're going for slightly more serious than that. Maybe focus a name more on the antlers. "Ten Points" or something like that. (not a hunter, so I don't know what an impressive number of antler points are).

Not sure I'm liking this one. The "this looks like ten shirts I have lying around" is NOT a good thing. It just looks like a shirt you can buy at Gander Mountain that has a picture of a deer on it. On top of that, you pretty much have a deer's butt sticking into your face as the logo. I liken it to having a team called the Baboons, and the logo features two inflamed red cheeks staring us in the face. If this was a jokey fantasy football team, sure, but I think you're going for slightly more serious than that. Maybe focus a name more on the antlers. "Ten Points" or something like that. (not a hunter, so I don't know what an impressive number of antler points are).

Would it be a fair point that every NFL/NBA jersey looks just all the shirt you could pick up at Finish Line? I think that it has that outdoor theme fit the region. And while it may blend it at Gander Mt. it would stand out in a sports shop. The state animal is the whitetailed deer. I think showcasing the antlers would pull away from that. And the butt is not front and center its a side profile. Deer just have large hind parts. I think this is just a preference thing, and with Camly(from NH) liking it, Im happy with it. I may have to try that baboons idea though.

OK I decided to make the Conference and divisional logos I spoke about a couple weeks ago. I want them to be uniform across the various leagues, by having the same font and same over all feel. I have done all of the ADA and will begin working on the IDA sometime tomorrow. Then don't worry, I will be back with the team from Cairo soon! For the ADA I wanted stars to be a main focus throughout since it is an american symbol and is featured prominently in the ADA logo. Each Conference logo had 16 stars representing each of their 16 teams and each divisional logo has 4 stars for the same reason. So here they are, hope you enjoy!

ADA-div-logos.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

What if for the directional divisions, you made them directionally accurate? You put the E in the northeast position in relation to the N. Likewise, the S down to the left in relation to the W. Midwest would have the M and W level with each other.

That was confusing for me. I'm so much more of a visual person and trying to put the words to it didn't make sense. After reading.it a few times I think I got what you meant though. it does make sense but I wanted to keep them consistent though and with divisions such as the Gulf Coast there would not be a direction to point it. it would then have a few pointing 1 direction and the rest all facing the same way. what I did try is having the conference logos represent their direction by changing the color of the star(North had the top center star turn blue.) I just didn't like the way those turned out

Archived