PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

What if for the directional divisions, you made them directionally accurate? You put the E in the northeast position in relation to the N. Likewise, the S down to the left in relation to the W. Midwest would have the M and W level with each other.

Thant was what I was going to say too, But I wasn't sure how to do that with Rocky Mountain Division and Colonial Division. Can't wait for Cairo!

Kevsim1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok finished up with the league and divisional logos for the IDA. This was a fun mini project. Like the ADA I wanted certain consistencies through out, and more consistencies within each league. Let me know what you guys think!

IDA-div-logos1.jpg

IDA-div-logos2.jpg

In a land where symbolysm reigns supreme one of the top symbols is the vulture. It is featured prominatly in the Egyptian flag and was the earthly form of the Goddess Nehkbet. With Cairo being the historical center of Egyptian history I found it only fiting to use this bird in their concept. The color scheme is based on Egyptian jewlery and the like, such as King Tuts burial mask which is made of gold and turquoise. The jerseys are watermarked with heirogyphics and striped in the fashion of various Egyptian attire. While I very much like the wordmark I found it important to leave it off of the jersey, to embeliblish egypts history in using symbols instead of words. I hope you like the Cairo Vultures!

VULTURES-1.jpg

VULTURES.jpg

Phenomonal, but was very surprised with the team name vultures. It worked very good though.

I just updated the post with information on the team. Sorry I was in a time crunch lsst night and wanted to get the finished concept posted but didn't have time to explain everything I wanted too. Thanks for all the kind words everyone, this ones one of my favorites.

Also thanks for the bump jaxon, but I was pretty proud that this thread had gone 365 post without one haha!

@Windell--- Wta's that beside the Harlequins in your sig? Have I missed something? Just didn't look familiar.

That is my new concept. Thought I could sneak it by. Just didn't have the jerseys done yet. But they are now. Keen eye my friend!

This one more about the concept an not the connection to the location. That said there are fire ants in New Mexico so it works. The bite of a fire ant can be terrible. While one bite typically wont kill a human, they usually don't travel alone. For a tiny creature pack such a punch, it deserves representation in the sports world. So I thought their red-brown complexion would work best in a southwestern town. New Mexico it was, and i came up with a pretty cool way to incorporate their flag as well. I wanted the jerseys to be a jumbled patterned mess because that look is in in the desert. I hope you like the New Mexico Fire Ants!!

FIREANTS.jpg

FIREANTS-1.jpg

Archived