PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This concept I have had in mind for a long time. Like when I moved the Archers to Minnesota, I thought up the idea for Milwaukee, a very german based town. Once I expanded to 64 I thought of moving the idea to Fargo, the most German town in America. Once I went world wide there was again a more German Based town, in Germany no less. The word blitzkrieg in literal terms means lightning war(or for this thread's purposes it means dodgeball) I thought it would be a perfect name for a team and still be a familar term in both Germany and America. There for I give you the Berlin Blitzkrieg!!

BLITZKRIEG-1.jpg

BLITZKRIEG.jpg

I love the concept, but some Germans may find it racist to give them a Nazi-based name.

Its not at all Nazi based. Its a style of warfare used long before WW2. Under your theory the word "revolution" would be "racist"(not the right word no less) to the English. My wife is a German teacher. So its all good. The problem with prejudice(right word), and more so the prejudice of Americans is that we see anything German, and instantly try to tie it to Hitler, Nazis and Concentration Camps. I really wanted to use the Third Reich's eagle instead of the BDR's because its a better design, but decided not to because of the negative connotation tied to it.

I love the concept, but some Germans may find it racist to give them a Nazi-based name.

Its not at all Nazi based. Its a style of warfare used long before WW2. Under your theory the word "revolution" would be "racist"(not the right word no less) to the English. My wife is a German teacher. So its all good. The problem with prejudice(right word), and more so the prejudice of Americans is that we see anything German, and instantly try to tie it to Hitler, Nazis and Concentration Camps. I really wanted to use the Third Reich's eagle instead of the BDR's because its a better design, but decided not to because of the negative connotation tied to it.

I guess you're right. Great work again on Berlin.

This entire series is just utterly brilliant! I love the fact that you're being incredibly creative in both naming and designing the identity of the teams. Every single concept has character and that's what separates this series from most. Keep up the great work! :notworthy:(**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Raysfan, it comments like that that make this all worth doing. Thank you.

For those following GP's Project 40 you know that this week he'll be putting out a tier-concept based in Norfolk Virginia. Once certain posts hint toward it having a naval theme, I moved this concept to the front of the line. Norfolk and the Navy go hand in hand. And if we end up with similar concepts its merely coincidence.

A lot of nautical themed concept revolve around anchors. But recently anchor's shapes have changed and these concepts haven't. I wanted mine to show off a more current style anchor. I used a similar color scheme to Navy's sport teams, to further the tribute. I hope you like the Norfolk Fleet!

FLEET-1.jpg

FLEET.jpg

Archived