PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a new one. Florida is the sunshine state. And with Miami being the southernmost sports-harboring city in Florida you could say it is the sunniest. This design feed off of that. Theres also a bit of a nod to Floridas Orange growers. In a PDC first the sleeves and torso are the same color. I really thought with rays trimming the sleeves it looked best. So here are the Miami Shine!

SHINE-1.jpg

SHINE.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

This one is a lot of fun, but I think you need to make the stroke around the triangle rays be pointy and not roundy.

Guest darkpiranha

Keep the white border the same thickness as the circle it's touching. And possibly have some secondary smaller rays in the lighter orange poking out between the primary rays. That would make it feel more like what a sun traditionally feels like.

I understand what you mean and I don't disagree that it would work, but I'm not wanting traditional on this one. think miami night club. the roundness gives it the neon light look that really fits the city's dynamic. like you said it fun, and that's Miami.

Yea its like a second sun within. This concept is abstract. Its the Miami Shine not the Miami Suns. I wanted it to represent sunshine, miami, and a little orange while having the flashy colors and patterns of the party like atmosphere. Think Houston Texans, that eye is way to big and its not shaped right. Then figure in texas, stars, and big, and it makes sense. I don't know maybe I was way off the mark?

Yea its like a second sun within. This concept is abstract. Its the Miami Shine not the Miami Suns. I wanted it to represent sunshine, miami, and a little orange while having the flashy colors and patterns of the party like atmosphere. Think Houston Texans, that eye is way to big and its not shaped right. Then figure in texas, stars, and big, and it makes sense. I don't know maybe I was way off the mark?

When you put it that way, it all makes sense.

When you put it that way, it all makes sense.

You know, it kind of does. I read that, looked back at the logo, and now it's kind of growing on me.

Ok good. Because theres a reason I've been defending the logo so much. The original idea was to have a sun that tessellates. So that I could start my "Alternate Universe" Jerseys with this one. From time to time I'm going to go back and do an alternate jersey for a team I've done. No specific order. Every team may not get one, but heres the first. And if this isn't Miami, I don't know what it is.SHINEalt.jpg

Ok good. Because theres a reason I've been defending the logo so much. The original idea was to have a sun that tessellates. So that I could start my "Alternate Universe" Jerseys with this one. From time to time I'm going to go back and do an alternate jersey for a team I've done. No specific order. Every team may not get one, but heres the first. And if this isn't Miami, I don't know what it is.SHINEalt.jpg

YES!!!

I wanted to expand on the alternates abit. So I did a few more(plus put miami's on the new alternate template.) I promise a new concept will be next though. but in the mean time check these bad boys out:

TROTTERS-3.jpg

SQUADRON-2.jpg

FIREANTS-2.jpg

SHINE-2.jpg

Just a little fun. Who ever reads this first

can pick the next city I do. Just post the

city you want in all caps and big bold text!!

Archived