PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can get these done a lot faster it seems only doing the logos. Big fan of that. Here the next team the Topeka Twisters. Topeka had an F5 tornado storm through in 1966 that did more damage than any other such storm to a capital city. This team is named after that very destructive force. The green and yellow are the colors of the city flag. Hope you enjoy!

TWISTERS-2.jpg

Wow. Flawless, just flawless.The colors are very unique. My only complaint would be that some people don't like to name thing like sports teams after bad events. I mean, I'm sure that a team called the Boston Bombers wouldn't get too much love. This isn't really an issue though, because I know that there are a lot of teams, say located in Tornado Alley that are called something to do with that. I have no problem whatsoever with the name, or the entire set for that matter. This set would challenge for my favourite team/set in this series. Will Pittsburgh be next?

I thought about that, and actually did some research for a different team name. Then i thought about the Carolina Hurricanes, they see those storms all the time. And after Katrina and Sandy they haven't changed so I went with it. And yes Pittsburg is next. Next meaning now. This one hits the history books abit. The set is inspired by the Allegheny Arsenal, do a google search on it if you're not familiar, and the Pittsburgh flag. The Primary has the checkerboard and stripes of the flag and the front of the depot. and the symbols on the crest. The secondary used the cannons from the crest and the shape of the badges worn by arsenal personnel. And its all tied together with Pittsburgh black and yellow. Hope you enjoy the Pittsburgh Arsenal!

ARSENAL-1.jpg

Pittsburgh, definitely different from what you've been doing, but still very old-school and classy, and I really like it. 2 sets after you stop making jerseys, you come up with one that is absolutely perfect for jerseys! It would have the cannons crossed with the cannonballs on the front, and you you would have checkerboard stripes all around. I agree with HighNoon, the use of the Pittsburgh color scheme was a nice touch. Any plan on who will be next, or will you keep it a surprise? As always, very nice.

Ive done one from each division while rotating conferences so far. This time around Im going to do a team from each division in the north, then the west and so on. The next three will be Cleveland, Detroit, and Edmonton.

Southern Conference:

Heartland Division: Memphis Rhythm, Nashville, Des Moines, St.Louis

Gulf Coast Division: Tampa Bay, Biloxi, Houston, New Orleans Harlequins

Great Plains Division: Oklahoma City, Topeka Twisters, Dallas, San Antonio

Western Conference

Pacific Division: San Jose, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas

Northwest Division: Sacramento, Portland, Vancouver Seawolves, Seattle

Rocky Mountain Division: Boise Noise, Arizona Vipers, Denver, Salt Lake City

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division: Connecticut, Boston, New York City, Brooklyn Blackout

Colonial Division: New Jersey, Washington, Pittsburgh Arsenal, Philadelphia

Atlantic Division: Charlotte Firebirds, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando

Northern Conference

Maple Leaf Division: Winnipeg, Toronto Skyliners, Montreal, Edmonton

Great Lakes Division: Detroit, Minnesota Archers, Chicago, Milwaukee

Midwest Division: Indianapolis Trotters, Columbus, Louisville, Cleveland

From what I can tell, you don't have a team from the Pacific division (San Jose, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas)... but I might be mistaken. Also, just a quick question, since you moved the Archers from Milwaukee to Minnesota, does that mean you'll make another Milwaukee team?

EDIT: Well, you have 2 teams from the Rocky Mountain Division, so maybe I just put the divisions down wrong? Is Arizona in the Pacific instead of Las Vegas or something like that?

I made a couple changes to that because I didn't like vegas being in the pacific division and not being on or near the ocean, sorry for not posting. Here the layout now:

Southern Conference:

Heartland Division: Memphis Rhythm, Nashville, Des Moines, St.Louis

Gulf Coast Division: Tampa Bay, Biloxi, Houston, New Orleans Harlequins

Great Plains Division: Oklahoma City, Topeka Twisters, Dallas, San Antonio

Western Conference

SouthwestNew Division: San Jose, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Arizona Vipers

Northwest Division: Sacramento, Portland, Vancouver Seawolves, Seattle

Rocky Mountain Division: Boise Noise, Las Vegas, Denver, Salt Lake City

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division: Connecticut, Boston, New York City, Brooklyn Blackout

Colonial Division: New Jersey, Washington, Pittsburgh Arsenal, Philadelphia

Atlantic Division: Carolina Firebirds, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando

Northern Conference

Maple Leaf Division: Winnipeg, Toronto Skyliners, Montreal, Edmonton

Great Lakes Division: Detroit, Minnesota Archers, Chicago, Milwaukee

Midwest Division: Indianapolis Trotters, Columbus, Louisville, Cleveland

The teams in RED are ones I plan on doing this rotation.(Subject to change)

As you can see, yes milwaukee will get a new team eventually.

Big News! I blame kevsim for making me think about the divisions and such. Then I had a thought: I want a team in all 50 states. So my plans have expanded to 64 teams. Its a bit ambitious but I figure since I'm m own boss for this and there's no deadlines, what the heck. So now there will be 4 divisions in each of the 4 conferences, with 4 teams each. Heres the new line-up:

Western Conference:

Northwest Division: Anchorage, Vancouver Seawolves, Seattle, Portland

Rocky Mountain Division: Boise Noise, Billings, Casper, Denver

Pacific Division: San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Honolulu

Southwest Division: Phoenix Vipers, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque

Northern Confernce:

Maple Leaf Division: Montreal, Winnipeg, Toronto Skyliners, Edmonton

Great Plains Division: Sioux Falls, Fargo, Omaha, Topeka Twisters

Midwest Division: Minnesota Archers, Milwaukee, Des Moines, St. Louis

Great Lakes Division: Cleveland, Indianapolis Trotters, Chicago, Detroit

Eastern Conference:

Atlantic North Division: Brooklyn Blackout, Burlington (Vermont), Manchester (New Hampshire), Orono (Maine)

New England Division: New York City, Boston, Hartford(CT), Providence (RI)

Colonial Division: Philadelphia, Washington DC, Newark(DE), Newark(NJ)

Appalachian Division: Pittsburgh Arsenal, Baltimore, Wheeling (West Virginia) Richmond (VA)

Southern Conference:

Heartland Division: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City

Tennessee Valley Division: Louisville, Memphis Rhythm, Nashville, Little Rock

Gulf Coast Division: New Orleans Harlequins, Biloxi, Montgomery, Tampa

Atlantic South Division: Charlotte Firebirds, Greenville (SC), Atlanta, Miami

Out: Sacramento, Columbus, Orlando

The Blue is teams that are completed. The Green are the nineteen new cities. This forced me to eliminate three cities in states with multiples to get it to an even 64. The red will be the next 4 I will do in order to have each division represented. I'll be making a few minor update to the ones done as well. Mainly just adjusting the conference and divisional marking in the lower right corner, but I'll be changing the Carolina Firebirds to the Charlotte Firebirds (It will only change the word-mark.) Hope you enjoy these changes. I think it will be fun.

Archived