PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

Every league, real or fake, has that one design that doesn't quite look good. I think we can make an exception. Not every hit will be out of the park. This one is more of a line drive straight to the SS

NO! Every single one has to be a grand slam out of the park! :P

Heck WIndell, you could make every single one of the next concepts look like this: ee004-cartoon-poop-clipart.jpg

And this would still be an above average series.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every league, real or fake, has that one design that doesn't quite look good. I think we can make an exception. Not every hit will be out of the park. This one is more of a line drive straight to the SS

NO! Every single one has to be a grand slam out of the park! :P

Heck WIndell, you could make every single one of the next concepts look like this: ee004-cartoon-poop-clipart.jpg

And this would still be an above average series.

I actually have a concept in mind sorta like that. haha kidding. But truth be told Im a firm believer of the adage "youre only as good as your weakest link" so I just trying to get that line drive through the infield and up the gap for a two bagger. I know every concept cant be perfect but im gonna keep trying to make the lesser ones better. Such is the case with San Jose. I wanted to scrap the gradient idea first but I didnt quite find a color scheme the worked well. I wanted to incorporate the teal the Sharks use and it just didnt go with the blue. So I made a few tweaks and ended up trying the Sharks scheme in full and I think it looked best. Its not abnormal for team sharing a building to share color schemes. What do you think?

STING2-1.jpg

Alright, San Jose looks a ton better. I still liked the original blue-orange look, I just thought the gradient on the home could use some work. But this color scheme brings new hope, I guess. Different strokes for different folks.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Im sure Ill use those scheme at some point. And I tried flipping the colors and it just look bad. looks light one of those negative photos things kinda. But I did redo the eye(s) and put the jerseys together: Unfortunately photobucket is the only site on the web that wont load. So look for those sometime tonight!

Im sure Ill use those scheme at some point. And I tried flipping the colors and it just look bad. looks light one of those negative photos things kinda. But I did redo the eye(s) and put the jerseys together: Unfortunately photobucket is the only site on the web that wont load. So look for those sometime tonight!

I don't want to be that guy but I'm really starting to miss the new concepts, I like that your updating the old ones, but I'm missing the fresh feel of new concepts. Maybe put out updates on weekends only? I don't know. All I know is I'm starting to really miss them.

Well seeing as I am "that guy...who does the concepts" I think its fair for me to do things in whichever order I choose. Which is always what ever inspiration excites me most. For the last week or so its been to better the low voted ones. That said i appreciate you missing them and there will be new material soon enough. For now i'll just give ya what i promised earlier:

STING2-2.jpg

STING2-3.jpg

Eye's much better. Congrats! San Jose is now

out of my basement in the rankings!

Same for me. When you're done with the updates, it's going to be impossible to pick a favorite or a least favorite!

Yea. It really is, but I really like SJ's update.

I have an idea for a new concept but I wanna get you guy's opinion on something first. Outside of one instance (The Raptors) I havnt used a moniker that is used in any of the big 4 pro sports (NHL NFL NBA & MLB) My justification on at atlanta was that the Toronto Raptors were considering a name change and that my Raptors were based on a completely different use of the word. Well I want to do something similar. Theres a pro team(s) with a moniker that is fairly general and could refer to multiple creatures, and I want that name to represent a specific animal that is important to a certain area. There are plenty of team names that transcend across multiple leagues like the Cardinals Giants and Jets. My question is does that help of hurt? Should I use the name I'm considering or will it hurt the concept by drawing a comparison? Thoughts?

Archived