PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

Took the weekend off once I got the teams laid out the way I wanted them, but I'm back with the latest installment from southern California. The color scheme is taken loosely from the San Jose flag. The concept was centered around the stingray, a creature that frequents the so-cal coast, but the idea was to use the name "sting", a moniker normally associated with bees, hornets, and such. So here is the San Jose Sting!

STING.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWO FOR TUESDAYS! I was feeling froggy so I just kept rolling. I don't think this one need much explanation. Dallas is a pretty well-known city. Stars, steers, americas city, yada yada yada. So here are the Dallas Ranchers!

RANCHERS.jpg

Really like San Jose, and how you kind of changed the meaning of the name 'Sting'. I love the colors on the sting ray, especially the double blue, but I think you should make the S tail (stinger) a bit shorter/smaller. I'm not a huge fan of Dallas however... but the bad thing is, I don't really know why I don't like it...

New team finished up. One if by land two if by sea: Paul Revere was looking for a beacon in the night to tip the scales in his favor. This beacon from the old north church in boston tipped the scales in the Revolutionary war thus inspiring the concept for Boston's home team in the PDC, The Boston Beacons!

BEACONS.jpg

I gave serious thought to making them "The Beamin' Beacons" as a play on Wake Forrest. No I didnt :P

I really like your Dallas update. The colors are more unique and the new alternate logo looks really good. I would have to say that I like Boston much more than Philly, but I don't have any problem with the Revs' set. The 13 stars are also really cool. I actually really like the simplicity of Boston and I think that the alternate is just fine, and the primary is top-notch. Great work as always!

For the first time a division has a second team....from the "Second City". The railroad history in Chicago is the main reason the city has grown to where it is now. As the premier meat-packing hub of the nation, Chicago relied on having rail connections to every big city in America. While the meat industry has backed off in recent decades, trains are still in abundance, commercial and commuter. This concept is based on that. "Express" is a term often paired with trains. Other points of inspiration include the color scheme of the city's flag and the six points around the "C" represent the stars on the flag.

So here are the Chicago Express!!!

EXPRESS.jpg

I wanted to make a point to keep it similar to the cubs' but it is different. Its thiner(which i wish the cubs' logo was) and the ends are straight (like the bears) where as the cubs are slanted. They are minor things ya, but I think the stuff going on in the center keeps it unique while the similarity ties other Chicago teams.

THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK! I have another. Any one wanna peek??? Ok keeping up with a big city trend its HOLLYWEIRD! Most resident of Los Angeles see themselves as royalty, or at least headed that way. And who can blame them? This bit plays off of that. I used a small part of the flag, the lion as inspiration and took off from there. The roman numeral on the secondary represent the year 1781, a year on the city seal.(I assume LA's birthyear). I give you the Los Angeles Reign!!

REIGN.jpg

Archived