PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Dude, this truly shows your evolution from page one until today. What you started off with, Vipers especially, was... okay. It was a'ight. But with each one of these you've done, it's plain to see how much you've learned, and how you've taken quantum leaps at times. The new Vipers are A+.

This should be a lesson to every new designer coming in. If you want to get better, you just need to keep churning out the work. Making good ones, making crappy ones, taking the fantastic, professional feedback that's offered and putting it into practice.

Keep em coming! (how many are you up to now?)

I just spent the last two hours looking at every page on this thread from Page 1 to now. This is AWESOME. I signed in a few months ago to lurk but I haven't found the desire to post until now. I'm really liking this project.

Do San Diego! (it's my hometown)

One piece of criticism.

There's something about Seattle that does and doesn't work for me. I live here, and right now, if I saw that jersey, it'd be my least favorite jersey of the major sport teams in the city (well, no, the Storm would be my least favorite, but I hate their 90s Sonics color scheme). I love the name and the concept behind it with the gears and all that. I think it might be the wordmark, for one. I don't have any suggestions for it though, unfortunately.

I love what you did with the Giants team, BTW. Absolutely love it. Actually, I really like what you've done with the all of international teams (except for the Reds, although I love that you tried to do something with that animal - and I like the "R", just not the whole design). I'd love to see if you could squeeze in a team from Vietnam in there.

And your new Vipers is a huge improvement. Good stuff!

Question - a few of the initial logos, you've used the initial of the nickname instead of the city/state (like R for Revolution and Rising or the M for Majesty). Any reason why? I always thought that looked weird when real teams do that, like the B for Cinicinatti Bengals instead of a C or... I can't think of a whole lot more that do that.

Arizona only moved up 3 spots on my board, the update didn't fix the main problem I had with it, but it cleaned it up a bit.

What was the problem you had with it?

The scales on the jersey, may not be everyone's critique, but it's mine.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

For the jerseys, I would make the alternate the home, a lighter version (maybe a whiteout (or what we call a ghost when discussing scout patches)) for the road. And then a Diamondbacks wrap around for the third using the snake from the alternate logo. That would also give you a connection to the sports history of the area.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Yeah I mean it's just different, is all. But then again, this whole concept is something different :D I really like the alt though. And on the secondary, it's a faded snakeskin as the main part, with normal snakeskin on the sleeves, so maybe the primary should be the opposite of that? Just to kind of keep uniform

Will it be on play station 2

With the recent release of the PS4, the PS2 has, unfortunately, pretty much been erased from existence. I doubt a PS2 version would exist, reality or not. Heck, I was lucky just to get Madden 12 for PS2!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived