PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok just finished the first team but first i wanna explain the rules of the game so the court and such will make sense:

-First off its basically like typical gym class dodge ball you get hit your out and you catch a ball the person who threw it is out.

-This game has two teams of 10 with 5 alternate players each that can sub in between sets. Once a whole team has been eliminated the remaining team wins the set.

-Each match is a best of 7 sets. The Match will end and victory awarded as soon as one team wins 4 sets.

-The court is the same size an NBA court with a diagonal line dividing the court.

-Each team has a "Home" zone (a circle in their corner) which their opponent may not enter

-Three balls will be used during the game

-A player may not attack (throw) from inside their home zone or will be disqualified.

-A player will be eliminated if they enter the other teams home zone

*Eliminator Rule*

Each team will have a team specific ball "The Eliminator" on a pedestal in the center of their home zone. Once a team eliminates every opponent but one the Eliminator will be available. Once the Eliminator touches the ground it is out of play. The opponent may attempt to knock the Eliminator to the ground. If a player attacks with the Eliminator and eliminates the last remaining player the match is over and awarded to that team, regardless of the set score. This will occur in every set played.

Hope it sounds fun. Like I said I wanted to post this so the court made sense when you see it and so you'll know what the eliminator is. I'll post the first team here in a few minutes.

The first team:

The Indianapolis Night Riders!

NIGHTRIDERS.jpg

I'm from Indiana so I wanted to do the home town team first. I wanted to keep the horse theme used by the Colts and Pacers but present a brand with more grit. The main logo pulls inspiration from both the state and city flag and like the state flag has 19 stars representing Indiana being the 19th state. Hope you enjoy.

In your senario team B would. They earn the right to use it by eliminating 9 players. What is special is its ability to end a game in one throw. For example if Indiana has lost the first 3 sets of a match they are one lost set from losing the match. If it wins the 4th set with the Eliminator however Indiana wins the match. Or if they win the first set with the eliminator game over right away.

So players can cross the diagonal line, but cannot enter the opposing "home zone"? I really like the idea of the Eliminator, wish we would've had it in my gym classes. One suggestion I have would be to move the ball count from 3 to 5, especially on an NBA sized court. Also, I think you should go crazy with the designs. Seriously, there's no tradition to keep or template to follow, so have fun with it. Night Riders look good, but I would go to black and red maybe, to stay away from r-w-b.

Yea I think I agree on the 5 balls idea. I normal am sick of the red white blue in sports, but I always found it interesting that none of the Indy teams use it given that the city's flag uses that scheme. As for the grudge font, i actually hate that font in general, would have never planned it. Truth is the secondary logo ended up a bit more "ghostly" (i guess??) an I felt it really fit. I'll probably play with it later but I wanna start a new team. Any request? Gonna try to do pretty much every NBA/NHL city if I can. Thanks for the input!

Check the font used for the N I S. does'nt appear the same distressed as used on the others.

i like the idea of tying in the 19 stars, but seems kind of forced. maybe continue to line either the inner or outer rim of the shield instead of having them displayed 4 different ways?

I redid the Indy one. I originally decided on the name "Trotters" As I said earlier when the horse logo came out ghostly i decide to work with and came up with the night riders. I really did hate the grunge font and wanted a crisper brand, so i went back to the trotters, worked on the horse and it kind of took off from there. Hope you like!

TROTTERS.jpg

This is a great idea!

I have a couple of gripes that I feel can turn this into something awesome.

First, the logo on the home jersey should be smaller and on the right or left side of the chest. This is just my suggestion, but this is your concept, so I will let you take that advice and do what you will with it. but...

Second, none of these typefaces are working. These all seem like the basic, default fonts that come with windows, and they're very obvious and make for weak designs. Check out sites like fontsquirrel or dafont. Also this site has all the fonts that each pro team uses. All the fonts on these sites are free and easy to download and you'd be surprised how much you can spruce up a concept with some good quality typefaces. I have a feeling that should take your idea to the next level!

Keep it up, can't wait to see what else you got!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

I appreciate the input. I love the off center look. However being centered here is important. The "circle city's" flag is the basis of most of this design. The centered circle and star represent the layout of the city, being surrounded by the circular interstate 465 and the popular veterans war memorial right in the center of that circle. I wanted the shirts to resemble the flag. As for the typeface I do agree it simple, but after the grunge mess I had before I love the simplicity.

Moving on though. I think I my next city will be Boise, Idaho. I have a couple Ideas for the team. Any ideas or request for the next city would be great!

I like it, though I don't know if Boise is the best city for the Noise. I'd maybe give the name/set to somewhere like LA or NYC, known for a more lively atmosphere. Or even a city like San Jose might work, as, IIRC, they have a strong technology industry.

I really like the uniform and wormark, though.

I like your idea of this new version of dodgeball. I think the first team looks great but the logo looks stretched which makes it look weird. If the logo for Indianapolis wasn't stretched then it would look good.

I think Boise looks pretty good and I like the name and uniform because it looks different.

Also, how many teams are going to be in this league and what will the divions be.

I was just figuring all that out. I'm feeling ambitious so I'm gonna aim for 48 teams, in 4 Conferences, 3 Divisions Each, Totaling 12 division. Heres the cities I plan on using:

Southern Conference

Heartland Divison Memphis Nashville Des Moines St. Louis

Gulf Coast Division Tampa Bay Biloxi Houston New Oreleans

Great Plains Division Oklahoma City Topeka Dallas San Antonio

Western Conference

Pacific Division San Jose Los Angeles San Francisco Las Vegas

Northwest Division Sacramento Portland Seatlle Vancouver

Rocky Mt. Division Boise Phoenix Denver Salt Lake City

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division Conneticut Boston New York Brooklyn

Colonial Division New Jersey Washington Pittsburgh Philadelphia

Atlantic Division Charlotte Atlanta Miami Orlando

Northern Conference

Maple Leaf Division Winnepeg Toronto Montreal Edmonton

Great Lakes Division Detroit Minneapolis Chicago Milwaukee

Midwest Division Indianapolis Columbus Louisville Cleveland

Wait, so I got:

Southern Conference:

Heartland Division: Memphis Rhythm, Nashville, Des Moines, St.Louis

Gulf Coast Division: Tampa Bay, Biloxi, Houston, New Orleans Harlequins

Great Plains Division: Oklahoma City, Topeka, Dallas, San Antonio

Western Conference

Pacific Division: San Jose, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas

Northwest Division: Sacramento, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle

Rocky Mountain Division: Boise Noise, Arizona Vipers, Denver, Salt Lake City

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division: Connecticut, Boston, New York City, Brooklyn Blackout

Colonial Division: New Jersey, Washington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

Atlantic Division: Charlotte Firebirds, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando

Northern Conference

Maple Leaf Division: Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton

Great Lakes Division: Detroit, Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee Archers

Midwest Division: Indianapolis Trotters, Columbus, Louisville, Cleveland

Is that right? Your's was a bit hard to read

:rolleyes: And you edit it as I work on mine.

Archived