Mustangs/Stallions/Broncos logo concept

El Scorcho

I'm working on a horse based logo for a competition on another forum, and i'd love some feedback!

I'm not 100% happy with the mane and the ears don't really sit right, but i'm not sure what to do with either of them.

I'd appreciate any ideas people have.

lo8dzzs.png

The ears - I think they need to be closer to straight up in terms of angle, and the ear in the foreground shouldn't be concealed by mane hair (is it? or is that a line issue?). Maybe make them smaller in comparison.

I would also try to make the neck - at least where it meets the head - more narrow. Horses have relatively thin necks so that their heads can turn freely. This one I feel like the back of the neck is too bulged out, more like a predator neck (like a lion or tiger).

I love the colors and the mane. Overall, some really good work here. Some minor tweaks on the head and I think you've got a winner.

I'll definitely give straightening up the ears a go.

Yeah the foreground ear initially had a brown outline like the other one but that got swallowed up by the mane and I haven't come up with an elegant solution as yet. I'll try straightening them up.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Looks like it would be great for some college team.

The horse's left ear looks fine, but I don't know what's going on with it's right ear. I guess the lack of an outline just makes it look smaller. Other than that, it's perfect.

That happened because I did the mane last.

Here it is as it was before I added the mane. I agree totally that the outline being lost in the mane makes the ear look a lot smaller. I tried having the ears straight up as joechicago suggested and that partially fixed the issue but it made him look a bit too friendly!

MX3yrSK.png

I'm going to play around with it a bit and maybe increase the size of the closer ear to see if that helps.

Archived