Football League of America

grant1woods

The year is 1941. The Great Depression has just ended, and a group of middle-class men have come together to form a celebratory football league. Each person in the newly formed league invited all of their friends to join their teams. Current US president Franklin D. Roosevelt heard about the league and invested money into it. He also bought a team and named them the Washington Federals. He then told his companions to leave Washington D.C. and start there own teams somewhere else. The league of 6 teams became nationwide... the teams being the Washington Federals, New York Skyscrapers, the Boston Braves, Detroit Monarchs, the Chicago Staley's (which changed their name 5 years later) and the New York Yankees (which were sued in 1960 for copying the baseball team, the New York Yankees, after they where sued, they went out of business and were never a team again. In 1968, when slavery was stopped in the south, the four current southern division teams plus the Atlanta Rebels joined the league. In 2001 the 6 remaining teams plus a team from Vancouver joined the league. In 2005, a riot was held outside the Commissioners office saying that the league was only for American teams. So, Vancouver was forced to leave the league. The team with the most championships is the Wahington Federals who won 23 out of the first 25 championships from 1941 to 1966. In 2011, the New York Skyscrapers won their first championship in their very long and sad history. In 2012, the Los Angeles brought a championship ring back to Hollywood for the first time since 2004. In the 2013 season, Los Angeles hopes to get back to the top, but the Boston Braves hope to upset the league with their new first round draft pick QB, George Tedder and his college roommate wide receiver, Mark McConnell

No,

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

These look like exercises with using the fill tool. There are white spots on the dark sneakers that sort of prove my point.

White collars on blue jersey, but white collar with a silver back for the white jerseys? Also, your numbers are huge. A double number like 55 would be cut off or wrap around under the sleeves.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

These look like exercises with using the fill tool. There are white spots on the dark sneakers that sort of prove my point.

White collars on blue jersey, but white collar with a silver back for the white jerseys? Also, your numbers are huge. A double number like 55 would be cut off or wrap around under the sleeves.

Coming from the guy that writes for his status: "Currently Active Diarrhea"

303h7kn.jpg

The San Francisco Trolleys have finished last in 9 of their first 11 seasons in the cellar in the Western division. However, hope is in the air in San Francisco, after they drafted QB Mikel Jackson, second overall in the 2012 Draft. LOGOSHEETSF_zpsb1c732db.pngTROLLEYSUNIFORMS_zpsc3e857c8.png Hope you like em

303h7kn.jpg

Coming from the guy that writes for his status: "Currently Active Diarrhea"

It was good advice. Maybe instead of refuting it with an irrelevant rebuttal, try taking the advice to heart and applying it.

The San Francisco Trolleys have finished last in 9 of their first 11 seasons in the cellar in the Western division. However, hope is in the air in San Francisco, after they drafted QB Mikel Jackson, second overall in the 2012 Draft. LOGOSHEETSF_zpsb1c732db.pngTROLLEYSUNIFORMS_zpsc3e857c8.png Hope you like em

Not feelin this one. Orange used on every single part of the uniform looks completely hideous. Maybe use a grey helmet and pants and add white as a secondary color to use on the stripes.

The year is 1941. The Great Depression has just ended, and a group of middle-class men have come together to form a celebratory football league.

There wasn't really an official end to the Depression. The economy recovered once America joined World War II in late '41, early '42 but I really don't think anyone would celebrate the war.

As for the Trolleys concept, I think it looks alright but the SF screams baseball more than it does football.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Personally I feel like the jerseys just don't work at all and the facemask are a bit too much. I would go with something similar to the original look Tampa Bay had, but frankly red and orange just don't work too well together. Also your second logo is taken from the internet and recolored and it isn't featured anywhere on the jerseys so I'm not sure why it's there. I'd replace it with the helmet logo. The Arizona flag is a nice touch, but where it is placed doesn't work. I recommend putting it on the back of the collars.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

• 1 month later...

Archived