Uefa Euro 2016 logo

pepis21

some accompanying storyline to the logo reveal:

The UEFA EURO 2016 logo was launched in Paris, drawing together the Henri Delaunay Cup and the national colours of hosts France around the theme 'Celebrating the art of football'.

EURO 2016 moved a step closer on Wednesday with the launch of the distinctive, visually arresting logo for the final tournament.

The bold design, drawn from the theme 'Celebrating the art of football', was unveiled in the appropriately opulent surrounds of Paris's Pavillon Cambon Capucines. It aims to bring together the creativity that defines French culture with the beauty of the game and give UEFA EURO 2016 its own personality – thus enhancing the prestige of one of the world's biggest sporting events by providing an easily recognisable identity.

Conceived by Brandia Central, the Portuguese agency behind the UEFA EURO 2012 insignia, the UEFA EURO 2016 logo is a representation of various art movements and football elements. Different inspirations can be identified, all centred around the iconic Henri Delaunay Cup. The red, white and blue of the French flag combine with flowing lines and shapes to produce a contemporary and bold style, lending the logo distinction and elegance.

France has long been a source of inspiration for artists worldwide; in 1,080 days' time, between 10 June and 10 July, it will also supply the perfect canvas for the beautiful game.

* Please note that 'Celebrating the art of football' is not the slogan for UEFA EURO 2016.

I'll give a prize to anyone that can point out a shape in this other than the outside circle.

There's a hexagon in the top right corner.

I'll give a prize to anyone that can point out a shape in this other than the outside circle.

There's a hexagon in the top right corner.

And in the bottom left too.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I read that the hexagons represent not only the panels of an old(ish) school football, but also the general shape of France itself. Which is a bit like a hexagon.

So there you go.

There's a short Q&A with a director from the design agency responsible here.

I read that the hexagons represent not only the panels of an old(ish) school football, but also the general shape of France itself. Which is a bit like a hexagon.

So there you go.

There's a short Q&A with a director from the design agency responsible here.

"The hexagon" is a pretty common name for mainland France among the French. I would have liked to have seen the whole logo more hexagon-shaped rather than the cluttered mess they settled on.

It looks like they borrowed elements of the Korean flag in this logo. Which would be great if the tournament were in Korea. I'm not the biggest soccer fan in the world, but I know that that doesn't make much sense.....

Grunge-Logos.png

"The hexagon" is a pretty common name for mainland France among the French. I would have liked to have seen the whole logo more hexagon-shaped rather than the cluttered mess they settled on.

Apparently so - I wasn't aware of this before I read up on the logo. A more hexagon shape might have been an interesting look.

Archived