Texas Terror Concept

Elijah Summerdrum

I understand that the Texas Terror haven't existed since this site was established, but I figured it would be fun to make a concept for them anyway. I love the team name and I hope they can come back. So I made my own concept and as you can tell, I ran into issues with the facial features. I must have tried 10 different noses and it still looks broken. Any help?

TexasTerror_zps840d8d94.png

I think his face looks retarded because I made his eyes too small.

Good start, but here's a few things to consider.

1) You were right, the face looks off because the features are a bit too small, plus he doesn't look all that intimidating, he looks confused or bored. Or both.

2) Consider highlights within the texts to separate the TERROR from the silver. Also you might want to add a bit of a black outline to differentiate the two colors slightly, as that purple is not dark enough to be in contrast to the silver by itself.

3) Being nitpicky and OCD as I am, the logo is not as symmetrical as it should be in some places. The bottoms of the T and the last R should either arc together and run diagonally without an arc. Also the lightposts should be the same or at least create the same outline and stay the same distance away from the letters.

Good start though! Looking forward to the progression!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Here it is with the letters more scrunched together

TexasTerror3_zpsb351e39a.png?t=1372277967

Right now this is very blocky and the lines are hard and straight. It feel more like an 80s glam rock band logo.

Try adding some long, sweeping curves instead.

Check out dafont.com's page of "horror" fonts for inspiration. All of them are about 1000x more fearsome than this version.

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=110

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Elijah,

We discuss about working in shapes rather than lines when it comes to logos.

You've got a great opportunity to do just that with this logo (which is off to a good start BTW).

Download a picture of the Frank, and put a high contrast on it.

You'll see the blocks of shadows that will make this thing pop...

-Raise the hairline. Frank has a high forehead

-Put in the famous lightning bolt scar down the left side of his forehead

-Black in the very heavy eyebrow shadow which will define his eyes

-Put in the nose, cheeks and bottom lip shadows

-Then block in the square jawline shadow to halfway down the neck.

It will be the prominent eyebrow shadow that sets this off.

Keep working at it. Like I said, you're off to a good start.

Archived