NYC and OKC

raysox

Holy :censored: I just accidently pressed back, so this is a retype. Pardon my briefness. Both teams will be amoung the top 2 tiers of US soccer verys oon. NYC is coming to the MLS, and OKC is in the final stages of moving up to the NASL

NYCFC

I did a crest for this team. The 5 pinstripes are a nod to the borroughs and the Yankees, but the team is predominately light blue for Manchester City. The ribbon wraps around to give the logo depth. I put a NY monogram(from a possible future project?) to give the team it's own identity from the Yankees. Both kits are a mixture of both parent clubs. The home has pinstripes on a light blue shirt, representing both teams. The clash kit is very simple and classy, representing both teams. The whole set has meaning behind it, really.

NYCFC_zpse1513417.png

NYCFCkits_zps73a82331.png

OKCFC

Oklahoma City will make the jump to the NASL very soon the way it looks. I took inspiration from the Western Sydney Waderers with a circle, with a monogram and words, no inner circle. The crest is a dreamcatcher, like the state flag. Pcgd did the same thing, and that was one of the concepts I looked at to get an idea. Dgnmrwrw did something similar before too(I think). I originally used Thunder colors, but replaced the navy with brown to be unique, and frankly it just looked better. The kits are simple and Nike-esque. The current crest and uniforms are pretty bad, so I had nothing to look like and had free range to do anything.

OKC_zps1b0a4395.png

OKCkits_zps8847d1e5.png

I tweeted this concept to OKCFC, and they favorited. Hopefully they give me money!

But seriously, what do you all think?

I think the NY logo is spot on. The beveling on the OKC one doesn't look right to me. Probably because of how the light gray clashes with the blue. But then again, it could be my laptop screen

I like the NYCFC jerseys but I have a feeling they would be sponsored by Etihad due to the Sheikh.

They don't have any ties to the sheiks. NYC is NOT the same team as ManCity. Why does nobody understand that?

Since Man City has majority ownership of NYC and Mansour is the owner of ManCity then yes they do have ties.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I like the NYCFC jerseys but I have a feeling they would be sponsored by Etihad due to the Sheikh.

They don't have any ties to the sheiks. NYC is NOT the same team as ManCity. Why does nobody understand that?

Since Man City has majority ownership of NYC and Mansour is the owner of ManCity then yes they do have ties.

My thinking was because I noticed how much Metlife sponsors the Yankees, and since they're in New York it'd make the most since. I could see Etihad shelling out the cash because the Cosmos have Emirates on their shirt.

But thanks everyone! I might do some more soccer concepts because that's the mindset I'm in right now

Great job on the OKC and NYC crests. I personally love the OKC crest. Maybe they'll actually go for it! No doubt it's an upgrade over what they have now!

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Honestly, that OKC looks more like KC in a circle.

It's my understanding that the OKC group is the same one that runs a current club: http://www.oklahomacityfc.com/ I'd be interested to see if you could take the theme and colors of their otherwise hideous logo and make it into something good.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's my understanding that the OKC group is the same one that runs a current club: http://www.oklahomacityfc.com/ I'd be interested to see if you could take the theme and colors of their otherwise hideous logo and make it into something good.

Link doesn't work for me.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Link doesn't work for me.

Not sure what happened there; obviously I was going for http://www.oklahomacityfc.com/ .

It still looks like a branding iron for something called Circle KC.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived