United Football Association- Admirals Poll, Blazers Added

LAWeaver

After what seemed to be one of the most difficult weeks of my life, the series continues.

Here is the helmet for the Bulldogs as well as an updated set of Uniforms:

IMG_20130707_181600_zps3f822cdc.jpg

IMG_20130707_181551_zps4c7e6009.jpg

Here is a Chicago update as well + helmet based off the logo:

IMG_20130707_181644_zps2a4bd05c.jpg

IMG_20130707_181653_zps0ab75c23.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving on to the Iowa Crop Dusters!

The Crop Dusters came into the league in the most recent expansion of 2004 which started the modern era. They were originally in Pittsburgh and were known as the Pittsburgh Panthers until '07, when they rebranded to the Chargers, and finally in 2012 rebranded for the last time to the Ironmen. Next year will be their first year in Iowa.

Since entering the league, the Crop Dusters were the worst team in the league overall, winning only 40 of the 160 games played. They earned the number one overall pick in the draft for 6 of the 10 seasons and were never outside the top ten in the other 4 drafts. This season, the team finished worst in the league at 3-13.

As always, your comments, criticism, advice, etc. is greatly appreciated. here is the Logo, Home & Away jerseys, and the primary helmet.

IMG_20130707_181609_zpsb688c999.jpg

IMG_20130707_181619_zps9b50f8c1.jpg

IMG_20130707_181629_zps585daaa1.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Moving right along to the Minnesota Tigers!

The Tigers are one of the Original 8 teams that came into the league. Since 2004, the Tigers are the 5th best team, winning 110 of the 160 games played while also taking home 4 UFA North titles and the 2008 UFA Citi Bowl Championship. The Tigers and Knights (Like the Vikings and Packers) create one of many rivalries in the UFA, such as the Patriots vs. Generals, Dolphins vs. Hurricanes, and many more. Minnesota is also one of the most successful teams in league history, with 4 league titles overall, tied for 2nd in league history.

Here are the Minnesota Tigers! C+C appreciated!

Primary

IMG_20130707_181405_zps67425e8c.jpg

Home & away (All white and monochrome black uniforms to be added at the end of the thread as well as all other alternates)

IMG_20130707_181418_zps3b39f75f.jpg

Helmet (White and black helmets also to come at the end)

IMG_20130707_181526_zps34c09cec.jpg

Bump for some C+C on Columbus, Chicago, and Minnesota. Also, (forgot to mention), the first post has been edited to show team colors. Suggestions for the Virginia Admirals will be welcomed.

Moving on to the Canton Pioneers! The Pioneers began play in 1982 and are considered the Green Bay Packers of the league minus the boatload of titles. The name comes from the Football Hall of Fame and the "pioneers" of football that are inducted into the Hall. This year, the team won the 2013 Citi Bowl Championship, the first in team history. At best, the Pioneers are a Top 10 team and have made the playoffs in 7 0f their past 10 tries. Since '04, Canton has gone a combined 87-73, winning the North Conference title twice.

I wanted to keep the uniforms simple yet modern. I felt like "Raspberry" and Silver weren't strong enough by themselves, so I added Black into the equation.

Jersey:

IMG_20130707_181337_zps7fdc254b.jpg

Helmet:

IMG_20130707_181346_zps1a2c7e8d.jpg

Logo will be posted in a bit. Accidentally wrote 1978 instead of 1982 on the logo :P

Pioneers Primary:

IMG_20130713_141949_zpsf1cdd399.jpg

Right now, Im lookin for c+c on ANY concept. Also looking for suggestions for an alternative color scheme for the Virginia Admirals and logo suggestions for the Louisiana Cajuns. The Detroit Giants and the Wisconsin Knights should be posted in the next 24-48 hours. Again, Lookin for C+C on ANY concept. Been kinda lacking.

Most of them will, but I will be going back to them at the end. It's not as easy to see on Milwaukees because of the shade of gray and I wouldn't necessarily call Detroit a shoulder stripe.

Next team: the Detroit Giants!

The Giants were one of the original 8 teams that made the league possible. The team name comes from three of America's top car companies: GM, Ford, and Chrysler. The team has one League Championship Title to their name, which occurred 20 years ago in 1993.

Record wise, the Giants are a top 10 team, coming in at 98-72 since '04 with one UFA North title. But their performance on the field hasn't shown it.

I tried to create a logo that combined the Chevy, Chrysler, and Ford logos, but it didn't turn out. Instead, I went with a simple interlocking DG.

Primary:

IMG_20130707_181255_zps68bc4ae9.jpg

Home and away:

IMG_20130707_181306_zpsae36843d.jpg

Helmets:

IMG_20130707_181316_zpscfa15f63.jpg

Wisconsin and Kentucky should be up later today. If you want to see them in the meantime, you can go to my Photobucket account (account name is mrnascar13) and look towards the beginning of the Library. They will be posted at a later time though.

These are cool, but I'd like to see them done in at least paint.

I did use paint for a while, but I don't have the talent to make logos on paint, so I used logos from pro teams. In the first thread I made, I received criticism for using real team logos. So I made hand drawn concepts. When I post the South they should be better. I also tried to use Photoshop but when I started it was like a Monkey doing a science project.

I did use paint for a while, but I don't have the talent to make logos on paint, so I used logos from pro teams. In the first thread I made, I received criticism for using real team logos. So I made hand drawn concepts. When I post the South they should be better. I also tried to use Photoshop but when I started it was like a Monkey doing a science project.

I feel where your coming from, I have a few hand drawns that I would love to buff up on a computer, I've tried all of those programs, Photoshop, Illustrator, Paint etc. I just plain suck at them, that's why I still stick to paper and pencil

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Here are the final two teams from the UFA North. South division will be posted later in the week as I have already completed them and have started in on the East. First up: the runner-up Kentucky Tomahawks!

The Tomahawks entered the league following the 1991 Expansion. The team started their history North of their current location in Indianapolis, Indiana, where the team was known as the Indiana Braves. In 2006, the franchise relocated to Louisville, Kentucky, their current location. From 06-10, The team was known as the Louisville Braves until rebranding to their current identity, the Kentucky Tomahawks.

Since 2004, the Indiana Braves/Louisville Braves/Kentucky Tomahawks have usually been around the .500 mark, with an overall record of 81-79, 5th in the North. The team has had no UFA League Titles nor NORTH titles. This season, the Tomahawks made a Cinderella run towards the Championship as a 13 seed, reaching the Title Game before being defeated by the Pioneers in a UFA NORTH Title Showdown.

Primary Logo. The Tomahawk alone seemed like it wasn't enough. I added it to a script and wasn't really impressed. Will update it later. Here is what I have for now:

IMG_20130707_180145_zpsab867db0.jpg

Home and Away Jerseys. Wanted to incorporate the tomahawk into the jerseys, especially the ridges of the stone, so this is what I came up with.

IMG_20130707_181113_zpsa1d55f53.jpg

Helmet. Also wanted to incorporate the stone of the tomahawk.

IMG_20130707_181126-1_zpsbad30aed.jpg

Final team from the NORTH, the Wisconsin Knights!

The Wisconsin Knights entered the league the same time the Tomahawks did in the '91 expansion. Until the 2012 season, the team was known as the Milwaukee Knights. They follow the Green Bay Packers in trying to keep a simple yet effective uniform combination by using a single-striped uniform.

In the past decade, the team has seen its fair share of struggles. At 72-88, (6th in the NORTH, 23rd in the UFA) the team is usually around the 7-9 and 6-10 mark by season's end. This past season was just the case, finishing 6-10, 7th in the division, while collecting the 6th overall pick In the draft.

Primary Logo (Thanks to illwauk for the name suggestion in the last thread).

IMG_20130707_180020_zps06d7aea9.jpg

Home and Away Jerseys. Nothing Flashy here.

IMG_20130707_180044_zps6ca74fef.jpg

Helmet.

IMG_20130707_180127_zps1562dbd1.jpg

Thoughts? What was your favorite from the NORTH division?

Archived