Wonka's NHL Redesign : Philadelphia Flyers 3rd idea.

MrWonka

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, same here. Montreal looks really good.

Wild set looks great now too. The home and away set work well together.

Detroit- I like the away jersey quite a bit, but the phantom yoke on the red home... Doesn't work imo as even though I know it is to mirror the away jersey the yoke on the away works as it is bordered by the red shoulders, whereas the red home just has the white yoke out in the middle of nowhere essentially as it doesn't connect to anything.

For instance, if the road jersey wasn't there to compare with, could people tell it was a yoke? Right now its just two random straight lines attachéd to the collar. Home would look better either sans yoke or with à more defined yoke in some way.

I totally understand everyones opinion. And in no way am I disagreeing with you, since I respect your opinion. But the home is just a very minor changed Detroit Winter Classic for this year. Minus the vintage white, and 'Detroit' script (and name, and number font)

And with Detroit, It killed me to even change the jersey! Haha, but I really like this years Classic design they have for them, I just made changes that I thought could fit on a full time jersey. Then just made an opposite for the away, with the switched arms of course, Detroit needs those.

In conclusion. I'm going to stick with that design, solely because I really like the Winter Classic design, and it's basically the same. But again, I'm not trying to say you're wrong or anything, and say that I'm amazing.

- Dylan

Hah, no worries. I took another look at the Winter Classic jerseys and have to say, you are right it does look really nice there. I had forgotten about that element on them, and it actually does look quite good on an actual jersey. My bad on that! :oops:

Anyways, no offense taken, I'm always just happy if any of the ideas I have are actually helpful. Good on you though for going with your gut. Suggestions and criticism should always be taken with a grain of salt no matter who is giving them. If I couldn't see the yokes in real action I might be more inclined to stick to my guns, but its actually a good design choice that maybe just looks more awkward in template form than in real life. :therock:

Columbus is an interesting one. Dunno what to really say on it. The striping pattern actually works pretty well for them, but maybe the stripe flag logo would be better on the back where its not competing as much with the Primary logo? ...another possibiltity would be to incorporate the flag and stripes on all the striping, arms, hem, legs, etc...

Is an interesting idea nonetheless, kudos on trying something different! If you perhaps choose to lose the crossed stick it would be cool to see the stars from the design used on maybe the hem and sleeves.

Hah, no worries. I took another look at the Winter Classic jerseys and have to say, you are right it does look really nice there. I had forgotten about that element on them, and it actually does look quite good on an actual jersey. My bad on that! :oops:

Anyways, no offense taken, I'm always just happy if any of the ideas I have are actually helpful. Good on you though for going with your gut. Suggestions and criticism should always be taken with a grain of salt no matter who is giving them. If I couldn't see the yokes in real action I might be more inclined to stick to my guns, but its actually a good design choice that maybe just looks more awkward in template form than in real life. :therock:

Columbus is an interesting one. Dunno what to really say on it. The striping pattern actually works pretty well for them, but maybe the stripe flag logo would be better on the back where its not competing as much with the Primary logo? ...another possibiltity would be to incorporate the flag and stripes on all the striping, arms, hem, legs, etc...

Is an interesting idea nonetheless, kudos on trying something different! If you perhaps choose to lose the crossed stick it would be cool to see the stars from the design used on maybe the hem and sleeves.

Whenever you go outside the box with an NHL concept, it's always risky. And after putting that design on the screen I liked it at first. A lot. But then, like you stated, a lot of ideas rushed in my head, how could I incorporate it into the sleeves, the striping? How could I make it less crowded, and more fluid. That's always a risk, and there are so many possibilities after reading the critiques that could look awesome.

My reasoning for keeping the regular striping on the arms is so it wasn't as crowded. Your idea with the crossed sticks and flag on the back is a really good idea. Draws less attention, but still is there for a great design. Then obviously, with the stars, I wanted to incorporate those too.

When I get time to edit, I'll try the flip striping, with the white sticks. See where that leads me.

Going to be taking a small break. Maybe a week (or less). This week on HJC theres a competition for the Colgate Autism Awareness Special Jersey, that would actually be used. So, jersey designing being a huge hobby I'm going to invest my concept making skills for that until I have a design I'm content with. So until then, leave requests! I'll do them in order as they come in!

So far.

1.)Penguins

2.)Lightning

3.)Ducks

So for this set, it's the first in the series of a mismatching look. What made me do this, is the fact that in my opinion, seeing Crosby in those uniforms he first wore (before the EDGE cut) looked great. So I used the EDGE cut similar to make this look come back. For the away, I had the idea that I want to see Pittsburgh in the look of the Lemieux jerseys, but slightly altered of course. I didn't want to make it an exact copy.

PittsburghSet.png

Just was finishing up the Lightning home jersey (and if I finished that, it would be 2 clicks away to finish the whole set). I had class, so I was going to minimize PS so I could pack up and leave. Knowing my stupidity though, I clicked the close, being unaware of it I clicked the 'okay' button when it asked if I was sure, and after forty minutes of template changing and designing, I had nothing to show for it. So I liked the design I had, but I'm too pissed and angry at myself to redo the Bolts, so as of now, I will not be doing Tampa until I finish a couple other teams. Sorry.

Interesting idea for the Ducks, but you might want to flip the hemstripes around. The D is flying up in one direction and the stripes are going down the other, and you're left with an awkward empty space to the bottom right of the logo, which is a problem I've noticed with some of the Mighty/Anaheim Ducks hybrid concepts I've seen, where the D's been stuck on the old Mighty Ducks template and feels like it's leaving a huge, empty space. If you look at what they use now, the striping was influenced by the curves in the D, and they follow up in the same direction.

I'm not sure if it's something I'd want them to use in real life as the hemstripes are a bit crazy for my tastes, but as a concept it's nice to see something crazy like this once in a while. Also, while I like the gold in the Ducks existing current scheme, I also think this looks great without it, if not better ;)

Sharks look fantastic as do the Pens. Although I can see what you were going for with Pittsburgh, I think that road template is strong enough for you to base a home uniform around it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Interesting idea for the Ducks, but you might want to flip the hemstripes around. The D is flying up in one direction and the stripes are going down the other, and you're left with an awkward empty space to the bottom right of the logo, which is a problem I've noticed with some of the Mighty/Anaheim Ducks hybrid concepts I've seen, where the D's been stuck on the old Mighty Ducks template and feels like it's leaving a huge, empty space. If you look at what they use now, the striping was influenced by the curves in the D, and they follow up in the same direction.

I'm not sure if it's something I'd want them to use in real life as the hemstripes are a bit crazy for my tastes, but as a concept it's nice to see something crazy like this once in a while. Also, while I like the gold in the Ducks existing current scheme, I also think this looks great without it, if not better ;)

Sharks look fantastic as do the Pens. Although I can see what you were going for with Pittsburgh, I think that road template is strong enough for you to base a home uniform around it.

I think the reason I had the hem going that way is because I wanted it more similar to the original way the jersey hem was directing in. I just always liked the look of that.

With the Penguins, I'll clear it up, I liked their black jersey from 2002-2006 i believe was the time period for that. Just switched it to the EDGE cut. The white I could go without, and I had a that picture in mind for the away, and it looked beautiful, so I kept with the different designs.

Sort of curious to see what you will do with the Hurricanes. They all look good so far!

I was struggling to find a team to do next, Hurricanes it is.

Archived