Wonka's NHL Redesign : Philadelphia Flyers 3rd idea.

MrWonka

Brought back the Aztec motif, but made it less intense compared to their prior one. I also kept it less crazy, and used the leaping coyote, which IMO is a great logo.

phxset.png

I really like it but I feel it would benefit the design if desert sand is brought back to their color scheme. Otherwise everything you've done so far is fantastic.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Aztec stripes, those look very good and clean. Nice work on them. My only concern is that the angular shapes of the Aztec motifs don't quite mesh well with the softer rounder design of the leaping Coyote... However, I think Phoenix's current howling Coyote logo with all its angles would probably look pretty badass on this jersey set.

Home looks really good. 8/10

Road looks a little off, like it either needs more white near the cuffs or less white on the main jersey... maybe a shoulder yoke or some more red on the jersey would give a little more life to it? 6.5/10

...think a more v-shaped collar would work a little better with it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Before you comment about this not being much of a concept...I know. I'm a die hard Sabres fan and I just couldn't come around to something I liked. It's hard to do as a fan of a team, but I had to put together something I LOVED. I love the original royal blue and the original jersey design. One thing I added though which I kind of like is the accenting silver in the striping for the home jersey, and I made that white here.

1381697_690373864306716_1790132722_n.jpg

Before you comment about this not being much of a concept...I know. I'm a die hard Sabres fan and I just couldn't come around to something I liked. It's hard to do as a fan of a team, but I had to put together something I LOVED. I love the original royal blue and the original jersey design. One thing I added though which I kind of like is the accenting silver in the striping for the home jersey, and I made that white here.

1381697_690373864306716_1790132722_n.jpg

Looks fantastic, definite upgrade over the current set. Nice nod to the past with the shoulder patches.

Agree with Lycan. Looks really good. May not be something very unique... but good execution, it looks pretty classic.

Actually like the use of the white instead of silver in the piping. Just a solid looking set... This really is what they SHOULD be wearing.

Hell, I'd give it a 10/10, and I'm not even a Buffalo fan.

ES13, hope I don't make you gag (I think you're a Flames fan from the two topics where you wanted me to design them) But I wanted to add more black in the overall looks (more of an ash than black) This is obviously based on what seems to be the new third jersey look. I wanted to make the striping more balanced and proper transformation to the arms. Also added some style outlines to the yoke. Thoughts?

8d6929744bca589d13e4c3ebe3c973a6.png

Heh, I'm actually a Canucks fan as I come from Vancouver, but I have a soft spot for the Canadian teams and teams I find entertaining to watch in general like the Penguins, Flyers, Redwings, Sharks, hell even the Blackhawks. I have a soft spot for fellow cupless franchises like Buffalo too... I was even hoping Nashville would go farther back in 2012 despite finding their style of play pretty unexciting...

Anyways, some franchises I admire purely for their design... Like I can admire Boston's uniforms, they're pretty classic, but after 2011 I cannot cheer for that team, at least not for quite à while...sad too since I liked Boston as a kid... Oilers are another good uniform, but I get a little sick of some of the attitude around that team... I know people feel the same about Vancouver, but eh... Rivalry is part of sports, I just would prefer more sportsmanship to be shown by all teams in general, including mine, though having followed the team I can definitely say they have improved in that area after leaving some issues for a little while.

But enough about me and my rambling... Lets talk about this design.

When I saw the leak for the new Calgary alternate jersey... I saw potential for it to be their new jersey set with à couple of tweaks to improve it.

It looks like you thought of many of the same tweaks I did. Good work on the yoke and going back to the flaming C, I really think it is one of the best non-original six logos, and it looks way better on there than that wordmark and mini flaming C they had. One issue I've found for Calgary, and other teams with solid and distinct logos like the Oilers and Canadians(at least as far as I am aware of) is that they don't have any strong secondary logos. I am looking forward to Calgary's new shoulder patch though.

My only suggestion on this set would be to change up the line weight for the striping. The thicker lines are a step in the right direction, but it doesn't balance so well leaving all the stripes the same size at least on this jersey... I would either reduce the size of the black stripes or reduce the size of the colored stripes.

Nice work though. 8.5/10

Always thought the Sabres' blues would look better with no white trim. Just plain yellow on royal blue. It would be a lot sharper, I feel.

Completely agree, but with the design I wanted I couldn't really consider the set a redesign or a concept. So I added in something that wouldn't make much difference, but still look nice.

Hey guys, in a bit of a toss up here for the Avalanche. I think we can all agree their original look was classic, and timeless. Why Reebok altered it? I don't know. I want to bring a variation of it back for this redesign, but hell, I don't want it to be almost similar. I'm torn on two color combinations for the home jersey. Take a look, personally right now, I'm leaning towards the Blue main jersey.

f9d610aa649cd749d913e61be6ae15b9.png

5b564b207b66d97595de71ed14eb7b1b.png

Archived