Wonka's NHL Redesign : Philadelphia Flyers 3rd idea.

MrWonka

Interesting... I prefer the old Avs colors just because they are a distinct identity in the NHL... But this looks very nice. I especially like how the Mountains look in this color scheme. A snowy look does make sense for the Avalanche.

It's growing on me. Nice work. 9/10

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so everyone knows. The nameplate is over the back design, for anyone who may think it looks very weird. the nameplates will be over the design if need be.

Interesting... I prefer the old Avs colors just because they are a distinct identity in the NHL... But this looks very nice. I especially like how the Mountains look in this color scheme. A snowy look does make sense for the Avalanche.

It's growing on me. Nice work. 9/10

Thank you, I feel the same. The burgundy and blue looks great (not with the jersey they have now) but that first jersey will always be iconic to me. But a part of me in a way wanted more of a frozen feel to it. I was thinking of doing Blue, Red, and White like the Nordiques, but I felt that color scheme is too saturated in this league, and they deserve their own identity.

I have always been a fan of the burgundy and blue (including the current ones) but nice effort

What I meant by that is I hate the design. I like the colors, hate the design. Too generic for my taste.

This one...I'm really still on the fence about. The image in my head looked great, and when I put it on the screen I loved it. As I continue to look it's starting to settle in ..not as great... Let me know.

1381624_693536120657157_1557457413_n.jpg

You spelt Ovechkin wrong...

On purpose, you'll notice most of these concepts have something out of the ordinary about the name. Like Crosby on the Penguins one is CRAHSBEE. I like to give myself small comic relief after working on a concept.

You spelt Ovechkin wrong...

On purpose, you'll notice most of these concepts have something out of the ordinary about the name. Like Crosby on the Penguins one is CRAHSBEE. I like to give myself small comic relief after working on a concept.

I didn't quite understand the "SAMSONOFV" on the back of the Sharks jersey...?

The Capitals one seems a little off... Like the balance of the jersey is strange to my eyes... Lots of open almost blank looking areas on it. That said, I think wildwinger's suggestion of more stars is a good one... Give the jersey front the same stars to match its back and it fills the area better and also pays homage to previous jerseys. I feel like the design of the sleeve stripes and side panels is competing atm rqtger than complimenting each other... Maybe if you made the sleeves similar to the flyers sleeves,and put some stars at the cuffs it would improve it?

I had a hard time figuring what to do with that look as well and I'm just critiquing it, so totally understand the dilemma. Maybe some of those tweaks help it, or maybe going with either the elements in the sleeves or he side panels and working from there works. *shrug*

6.5/10 for the moment in my mind.

I did a concept similar to that Rangers one, with a shield-shaped crest as the main logo in the centre of the jersey. And everyone kept urging me to make it the shoulder patch instead and make the shoulder patch the main. I didn't realise they were right until I tried it, and the reason why is that a large shield shape on the front a jersey can't help but look like a baby bib. I'm not sure how to address the problem in your jersey, though I will say I'll take anything over the slanted-wordmark jersey.

rATMcmK.png

Archived