Wonka's NHL Redesign : Philadelphia Flyers 3rd idea.

MrWonka

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments everyone, we are at the final stretch of teams. Hopefully after I can start doing there 3rd jerseys, then even a 'Winter Classic' jersey on top of that. Even though it's not that classic anymore.

BOSTON BRUINS: For this one, I tried to keep the same yoke, but I changed it up to something similar that I've seen some people do recently, and I liked it. Then I tried to match the striping to the yoke.

a50e02593b57c7a8195f6f6ffd81ad47.png

FLORIDA PANTHERS: I love the original look that the Panthers had when they first arrived in the league. I tried to bring that yoke style back for this concept. I then took a similar striping style to their old baby blue third and incorporated it into this design. My one thing I think could make this better is if I continued the blue down the arms in the home jersey.

25c283a9dd120943bffc8194fc68235c.png

I'm in a bit of a toss up right now. The Blues set I'm working on for the away could go one way or the other. One matches the home jersey entirely, the other one has one difference at the end hem. Which one do you guys prefer ..Away #1, or Away #2?

This is the home 57d27d254aa07497a5a94f06aaea68cd.png

AWAY NUMBER 1

c6248e8b5f32c043faee11e7c6a9b105.png

AWAY NUMBER 2!!

c40e533814d728a00280e7fb9d36ca98.png

Hmm... Would like to see the oil mark on the shoulders inside the current shoulder yoke just to match with the rest of the design. Interesting idea, Btw. Very clever.

Would be interested to see Lycan's suggestion on the Blue's set.

Rangers: doesn't look quite right to me, feels like logo needs to be a little bigger. The home blue jersey might look better sans yoke too, but would definitely like to see this with a larger logo before I could say for sure.

Leafs: not bad, I feel à double stripe for the yoke would match the jersey better. More consistent with the hem striping then too, as well as à bit of à different look than most.

Bruins: looks pretty good. Can't think of any improvements. Nice set.

Panthers: balance feels à little off. Think blue sleeves on the red as you thought would look better, the bottom stripes could do with moving up the jersey a bit to balance the spacing.

Interesting stuff as usual. Always enjoy seeing what you came up with Wonka.

I used the first option for the Blues away. Lycan your idea was taken into consideration, but after looking at it I did not like the look of having the mismatch middle stripe being yellow in the hem, then the yoke being blue. Definitely didn't float my boat.

ST. LOUIS BLUES: Hopefully I gave St. Louis a modernized classic look. I was really going for something more unique somewhere on the jersey and the yoke idea came to my head and I love it. With the classic colors I really like this look. I hate acting full of myself, but this is my favorite one in the series. Theres just something about it. I'm up for ideas. But I said it early on in this thread, if I love something, I'm probably sticking by it.

a282a1ffb6c77d857ddd51fd0e447d60.png

EDMONTON OILERS:

I think the last post threw this off a bit. Most of you were probably expecting something else. I kept it pretty conservative for the Oilers. Love the original colors, and idea. Changed the striping and the way it cut offs. The idea you see above is something I thought would be better suited for the alternate I have in mind.

9f54e2c33376a4d82310de341fa20f85.png

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

Seemed like this series started yesterday....

actually it doesn't it's been a long road. But we're heading on to the final two teams. Ottawa Senators, and the Tampa Bay Lightning. The reason these two are last have a couple reasons. 1.) I messed up the saved file on the Tampa Bay idea twice. 2.) I really am confused on what their look should be.

I want something original, and it's hard. I've already had a couple concepts with these two teams completed, then thrown out because I decided the look could be better. So the next couple days I will be working on these two. If it takes sometime, I'm sorry. But I don't just want to throw together two piles of generic and boring. I want something that will make these teams look sharp and original. I've never completed a series before, and I don't want to just quick rush it just to say I got it done.

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

ATTENTION!!

AFTER THIS I WILL BE STARTING THE 3RD JERSEY SERIES...STILL ON THIS THREAD, BUT I WILL START TAKING REQUESTS. AND IF YOU REQUEST IT I WILL DO IT BEFORE THE NEXT. I felt bad when someone requested something and I put up more work before it. The reason for that was because like the example above, I put together a concept, but threw it out because it didn't look good. This time around when I get a concept request. I will focus on that team and that team only to put together the best 3rd design for the team. Thank you all for following along, have a nice day!!

Tampa Bay Lightning:

This one actually popped into my head right after posting that last topic message. I messed around with the design and came up with something I really really really liked.

What's one way to get rid of a generic boring feel to the series? Get rid of (in my opinion) a very boring and generic logo for a team named LIGHTNING! Wouldn't you want something modern and out there? Well here it is Tampa. Unique sweater.

0dff543f845838d6b8f61a23f5b12ad2.png

There is something supremely retro and yet very futuristic about those Blues jerseys. Maybe it's as simple as the extra bits on the yokes, I don't know, but I like it. That kind of look...the juxtaposition, if you will, has always defined St. Louis hockey.

The Edmonton jerseys are fantastic too...they're very simple designs, and yet the colors pop very well. This is the way to tone down the very-80s look they have without losing it.

Tampa Bay has something genius too it...but I think it's overdone. The stripes on the white work very well because black and blue are so similar, but i seems like too much when it's white and blue. If you're doing to do something crazy, do it in moderation. Try one of those stripes, not two. Also, the font is too much. It puts even the white jersey over the edge, just one too many bumper stickers. That said, I've never seen that done before, and there's some real potential. Just dial it back a few and see what it looks like.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

for the lightning, i think the second accent of silver (between the blue) should be black.

home: black jersey, white stripe, grey accent, blue stripe, black accent, blue bottom

away: white jersey, black stripe, grey accent, blue stripe, black accent, blue bottom

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived