If you had to pick a color scheme for a certain team, what would it be and why?

buckeye

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would actually like to see the Warriors combine a couple eras, the one that they just moved from, and the one they are currently in. I think Blue, Orange, and White could work for them. It's a color scheme that is one that could be fantastic if given the right shades.

This site also gives some fantastic ideas. http://www.colorcombos.com/

MLB:

Tampa Bay - dark green/white/some form of blue

Miami - teal/black (no pinstripes)

San Diego - yellow/brown

Cincinnati - red/white (no black)

Colorado - purple/silver/black (what they have now, but more emphasis on the purple: hats, more prominent in lettering, etc.) (also no pinstripes)

Atlanta, St. Louis, Cleveland - lose the cream colored uniforms. San Fran is the only team where that looks good.

Utah: Why they abandoned a color scheme that actually fit with their city, I'll never understand. I simplified the 90's colors.

"[Dennis Haslem] said research has shown that the uniform color that young people buy most right now is a light blue, followed by navy. Those colors dominate the updated logo, which has purple mountains, light blue Jazz lettering with dark blue encircling the perimeter."

And there you have many team's rationale for their ill-advised, mid-decade color swaps.

There were definitely way too many light blue+dark blue teams. Kind of like the overuse of purple and teal in the 90s, except worse.

It's funny that the Jazz abandoned their iconic look for the flash-in-the-pan purple and teal (albeit enhanced with copper), then abandoned that for the flash-in-the-pan double blue, before looking at what their own fans were buying and mostly reverting back to their original look. I hate thinking about how often this brand seems to be a complete slave to market research...

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Tampa Bay Rays: Kelly Green, Black, White, Gray

Tennessee Titans: Powder Blue, Red

San Diego Padres: Brown, Gold, Orange

Anaheim Ducks: Aqua, Orange

San Diego Chargers: drop powder blue from main uniforms

Memphis Grizzlies: Brown, Silver, Black

I am always amazed by how many people want the Twins to adopt Vikings, Wild or (old school) T-Wolves colors. The Twins are not the Yankees, but they've had the same general scheme for over 50 years now. I think a change would be quite jarring to Twins fans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I miss the Denver Broncos royal blue and burnt or dark orange they had from 1968-1978. When they lighten the orange, it became less appealing to me. But I am glad the 1997 outfit kept the burnt orange or dark orange aspect. I was never a fan of light orange, but dark orange and royal blue was old school for Denver fans and the Marlin Briscoe era...

The Broncos orange has remained a 'bright' orange since 1977. The actual orange hasn't changed noticeably since 1977 (there have been two or three VERY slight changes to the orange since 1998).

Also, the Marlin Briscoe era? He played for the Broncos in 1968, his rookie season, and then was traded away by the moron known as Lou Saban.

However, as far as the Broncos go, I'd keep the orange and revert back to royal blue.

Other teams...

Denver Nuggets: I would replace the yellow with a metallic gold and make the 'rainbow' fauxback navy.

Also, for the NFL...

Cowboys: I would use only a dark royal blue and get rid of the other blues. I would unify all the silvers to the bluish silver that the helmet is.

Lions: I would eliminate the black and replace it with navy blue.

Packers: I would switch the yellow to gold and the green to a more forest green with a tinge of blue.

Colts: I would switch to a two tone blue scheme with silver. The blues would be an off navy and a blue lighter than royal, but darker than Carolina blue.

Dolphins: I would keep the aqua and blue they switched to, but revert back to the bright orange instead.

Vikings: I would switch out the yellow for metallic gold.

Patriots: I would go back to red, white & royal blue. No navy, no silver.

Giants: I would remove the red and go with a two tone navy and royal blue with silver included.

Jets: I would change the green back to kelly green, but I would also bring back the black.

Eagles: I would remove the black and replace it with kelly green, using a now two tone green. I would also remove the charcoal and keep the prominent silver.

Steelers: I would add a steel gray/silver color to the scheme.

Seahawks: I would revert back to their 2002-11 color scheme.

Rams: I would keep the vegas gold, but switch the navy for a darker royal blue.

Buccaneers: I would keep the colors, but make use of the orange more.

Titans: Like the Bucs, I would keep the colors but make use of red more.

Redskins: I would switch out the yellow for metallic gold.

Just because...

ZxGKwWY.png

I'd change the Bucks' color scheme again...the Irish Rainbow was really their best look.

Right on. Lime green, hunter green, and white. I hate their current use of red.

Archived