If you had to pick a color scheme for a certain team, what would it be and why?

buckeye

Texas Longhorns: Fluorescent Pink and Mud Brown.

:boogie:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am always amazed by how many people want the Twins to adopt Vikings, Wild or (old school) T-Wolves colors. The Twins are not the Yankees, but they've had the same general scheme for over 50 years now. I think a change would be quite jarring to Twins fans.

People here seem to think unless your team has 27 championships their traditions don't matter.

It makes no sense to have the Twins to look like the Vikings, Indians to look like the Browns, Redsox to look like Christmas. Who cares of a lot of teams use red, white, and blue? The Indians have used red/blue for 100 years, and Twins for 50 like you said. I get that's the purpose of this thread, but history has much more influence on a color scheme than a city/nickname.

Pittsburgh really lucked out, with the Penguins, Pirates and Steelers all sharing black/gold.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Since they're not going anywhere...

Phoenix Coyotes should use Brick, Hunter Green, Purple, Sand & Sienna. Right now they look like a brick version of the Red Wings minus a decent logo.

Pittsburgh really lucked out, with the Penguins, Pirates and Steelers all sharing black/gold.

Two teams wear black/yellow, and the other wears black/gold with that awful random blue. The only two cities to have 3 teams that have the same colors are DC and Phoenix. Nationals, Capitals, and Wizards all wear red white and blue. Cardinals, Coyotes, and DBacks all have red, white and black.

...or the Steelers came in wearing black & gold, then a bit over a decade later the Pirates jumped on board (yeh, the Buccos have worn black & gold for a long time, just not as long as people think they have. Same with the Giants and black/orange)...and then the Pens jumped on board.

Anyway, recalling my most recent baseball concept, I wonder how John Q. Public would take purple and lavender for the Rockies, complete with lavender road uni. If not for powder blue's overexposure in recent years, I'd have suggested purple/light blue, but yeah...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Since they're not going anywhere...

Phoenix Coyotes should use Brick, Hunter Green, Purple, Sand & Sienna. Right now they look like a brick version of the Red Wings minus a decent logo.

Its a very drab colour scheme isn't it? I find myself wanting to like their simplistic brick red identity, but it just seems so flat and uninspiring. They needed an injection of at least one more colour, like a green or a purple or something.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Oakland Athletics bringing Oakland Oaks Red in to replace the yellow/gold. They did have some red when they were in Philadelphia also.

d5cd562b-786e-4e86-852c-c34531e7a83f_zps1c4705c0.jpg1d06c75b-658c-4449-8d5e-c2a81825a64b_zpsf96c8e44.jpg

Oakland doesn't need a Christmas color theme. It would be awesome if the A's used a color of columbia blue, orange, and white.

Padres - brown and gold

Sabres - original blue and gold

L.A. Kings - purple and gold

Astros - 1975 colours

At least some of MLB should change from the strictly grey roads; inject some more colour back in the regular uniforms. Some green or gold for Oakland. Some light blue for someone - Blue Jays, Royals, Brewers or someone else.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

...or the Steelers came in wearing black & gold, then a bit over a decade later the Pirates jumped on board (yeh, the Buccos have worn black & gold for a long time, just not as long as people think they have. Same with the Giants and black/orange)...and then the Pens jumped on board.

Anyway, recalling my most recent baseball concept, I wonder how John Q. Public would take purple and lavender for the Rockies, complete with lavender road uni. If not for powder blue's overexposure in recent years, I'd have suggested purple/light blue, but yeah...

I have to say, being a Rox fan, I would love it.

Lightning- Blue, black, silver, and white.

Marlins- Orange, teal, and black.

Penguins- Black and yellow.

Yankees- Navy blue, white, grey, and add some red somehow. The main logo has red in it, and I like red, white, and blue. Use the red.

Mets- Orange, blue, and black.

Devil Rays- back to Devil Rays, forest green and black.

2ly2w09.jpg

It would be awesome if the A's used a color of columbia blue, orange, and white.

Nah.... it would really be awesome for them to keep their green and yellow color scheme since it's one of the few distinctive ones in baseball.

Well, yes, but what would be really REALLY awesome would be for thenm to return to the brighter kelly green from before their late 80's switch to the dark greeen.

147138.jpg

My choices:

NFL:

Falcons: Red, black, and silver (just like from 78-89).

Cardinals: Replace black trim with navy blue trim (mixes better with their primary red color).

Eagles: Midnight green and silver. No black trim!!

Bills: More silver, less red. The royal blue/silver look would be even better.

Vikings: Agree with adding metallic instead of yellow. Don't look good IMO.

Broncos: Replace navy with royal blue or purple. Could work either way.

Seahawks: Back to the royal blue/silver look just like 1976-01.

Buccaneers: Replace red with orange.

Rams: Royal blue with athletic yellow baby.

Chargers: Eliminate navy and just powder blue with metallic gold.

Ravens: Stick with the purple (really neat color), but have very less black, especially with those road leotards. Eliminate them or switch to purple pants for road games.

NBA:

Hawks: Eliminate navy and add gold, and make the red darker.

Heat: Get rid of the red (whatever you call it), and bring back orange and yellow with black. Looks too similar to the Trail Blazers.

Knicks: Eliminate black trim

Nets: Add a little gold to their colors. Just black and white is just too bland.

Bucks: Eliminate the red, and return to the purple. I thought the purple/forest green look they had was the best in the NBA until they messed it up.

Cavaliers: I may be ridiculed for this, but I actually like the orange/dark royal blue look they had back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Mavericks: Stick to one color of blue, either royal or navy. Both don't work well IMO.

Grizzlies: Back to the teal, black, red, tan colors like they did in Vancouver.

Timberwolves: Royal blue and silver will do.

Jazz: Go back to purple and gold.

Nuggets: Keep the powder blue and gold, just eliminate the navy ala San Diego Chargers.

Clippers: Powder blue and red just like the San Diego Clipper days.

Kings: Go back to the red, white, and blue, and add a little silver to it.

MLB:

Diamondbacks: Sorry I rather have the purple and teal just like from 1998-06.

Padres: Brown and orange obviously.

Brewers: Have forest green and silver. If the other Wisconsin pro sports teams (Packers and Bucks) use forest as their colors why can't the Brewers?

Marlins: Replace black with teal or aqua, which was their color scheme until last year.

Rays: Go back to navy and green as their colors, just like in the early to mid 2000s.

Royals: Like the Mavericks, stick to one shade of blue, preferably the royal blue.

Indians: Scrap red and just go dark blue and maybe add a little yellow or athletic gold as trim.

Athletics: I think their unis will be better if they go with a kelly green instead of forest, and then add a metallic gold instead of athetic gold. Could add more oomph to their look.

Mariners: I rather have the mariner blue/gold just like they were from 1977-92.

Rangers: Scrap the red color and add silver. Being from the Dallas area red just doesn't fit the color scheme down there.

Archived