If you had to pick a color scheme for a certain team, what would it be and why?

buckeye

Salt Lake City is a mountain town. It fit. They have as much right as any to pull the light blue/dark blue look.

Mountains are known for being dark blue and light blue?

From a distance, yes. They're also cool colors.

COLORS_zps50f5b860.png

That mariners scheme is gross.

I wouldn't want it for the Mariners but that combo works well for Brazil.

ronaldo_24.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Salt Lake City is a mountain town. It fit. They have as much right as any to pull the light blue/dark blue look.

COLORS_zps50f5b860.png

And this Mariners scheme makes me sleepy.

5708959797_cc276b63fd_z.jpg

Taken as a whole, the color schemes across MLB are so deadly dull it makes me want to cry. Or just stop watching... which, come to think of it, I pretty much have.

Believe it or not, I just viewed this thread for the first time.

I've put together a number of concept color palettes over the years...here are a few.

NFL:

ArizonaCardinals_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Arizona state flag colors for the most part.

BaltimoreRavens_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

ClevelandBrowns_CC3_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Using a darker Orange to further differentiate them from the Bengals' Orange.

DallasCowboys_CC3_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The "Silver-Blue" here is from Pantone's new Premium Metallics collection; it is a beautiful bluish-silver that looks even better printed with metallic inks. Very reminiscent of the original Cowboys' "Metallic Blue" from the '60s and '70s.

DetroitLions_CC2_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

IndianapolisColts_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

OaklandRaiders_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

SeattleSeahawks_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

WashingtonRedskins_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Here are a few for the MLB:

KansasCityRoyals_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

NewYorkYankees_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

OaklandAthletics_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

SanDiegoPadres_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Combine Brown with the former color scheme.

SeattleMariners_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Just adding Light Blue brightens up the color scheme.

TampaBayRays_CC1_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Change the Navy to Black for the Rays...embrace the Manta Ray aspect again.

Loving that Browns scheme myself...and as a color combo in and of itself, purple & light blue is underused. I've occasionally thought about the Jazz' previous set and shaken my head at the opportunity they flat out wasted with that weak uniform set they had the gall to release. Given powder blue's relative oversaturation in team colors in recent years, however, I'm not sure how well it'd be received right now. Then again, a few months ago I wasn't aware a gray road uniform was capable of being disappointing, not because of a bad script or shortsighted design, but because it was plain ol' gray instead of lavender, so take that as you will.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i'm loving that cards palette with copper. it's what i've wanted ever since the re-design. a departure from the original look, yes... but so is what they ended up wearing.

COLORS_zps50f5b860.png

Taken as a whole, the color schemes across MLB are so deadly dull it makes me want to cry. Or just stop watching... which, come to think of it, I pretty much have.

Thats poor execution of it. Nothing wrong with the scheme itself. This is using the exact same colours, and it hardly looks "dull"

greenjerseys.jpg

I find a lot of colour schemes aren't really bad, its almost always the execution.

COLORS_zps50f5b860.png

Thats poor execution of it. Nothing wrong with the scheme itself. This is using the exact same colours, and it hardly looks "dull"

greenjerseys.jpg

I find a lot of colour schemes aren't really bad, its almost always the execution.

The Mariners' color scheme has grown on me, but I'd still be inclined to remove the silver for gold.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

COLORS_zps50f5b860.png

greenjerseys.jpg

The Mariners' color scheme has grown on me, but I'd still be inclined to remove the silver for gold.

And I think that would completely ruin it.

I know one thing, the day I look at the current Mariners set and think "hey, gold would really improve this" is the day Ichiro Suzuki becomes excited about going to Cleveland :D. I hate repeating myself, but I will in this case...the 87-92 set was one of the lamest, lesat inspiring uniforms I have ever seen. The Mariners didn't really need to try very heard to improve upon it, but they hit it out of the park in 93. Looked good in 1993, looks good in 2013, will look good in 2093. It's hard to get a timeless look, it's easy to put out something that'll look dated before Opening Day (see original Devil Rays). Any overhaul now, I feel, will likely eventually wind up in that pantheon of crap that failed to age well, like the gradient Rays, the Black Jays, the 94-96 Brewers (the 97-99 Brewers would've aged better had the team not sucked...better scripts and caps, for two), the aforementioned 87-92 blandness...or any of their trident uniforms, frankly.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know one thing, the day I look at the current Mariners set and think "hey, gold would really improve this" is the day Ichiro Suzuki becomes excited about going to Cleveland :D. I hate repeating myself, but I will in this case...the 87-92 set was one of the lamest, lesat inspiring uniforms I have ever seen. The Mariners didn't really need to try very heard to improve upon it, but they hit it out of the park in 93. Looked good in 1993, looks good in 2013, will look good in 2093. It's hard to get a timeless look, it's easy to put out something that'll look dated before Opening Day (see original Devil Rays). Any overhaul now, I feel, will likely eventually wind up in that pantheon of crap that failed to age well, like the gradient Rays, the Black Jays, the 94-96 Brewers (the 97-99 Brewers would've aged better had the team not sucked...better scripts and caps, for two), the aforementioned 87-92 blandness...or any of their trident uniforms, frankly.

Agreed. Their identity is pretty much perfect. Unis might need a little tweak here and there, but colours, logos etc are bang on.

• 4 weeks later...

San Jose Sharks: I'd lighten the teal a bit - make the new color somewhere between the original teal and the deep pacific teal. Add a Shimmering gray/silver and keep the black. The Burnt Orange would still be on the logo like it's always been, but as most of you know I'm not a fan of it on the uniforms.

MLB

Padres: Royal Blue and Yellow (I want to see a yellow cap in MLB)

Rockies: Purple and Sky Blue (eliminate all black)

Rays: Bring back the Green

NFL

Chargers: Royal Blue and Yellow or Navy Blue and Gold

Patriots: Blue and Red, but I also understand that they don't want the same color scheme as the Bills

Titans: Sky Blue and Red

NBA

Bucks: Green and Red (or is this what they now have? They've lost me)

Mavericks: Green with Blue trim

Nets: add Red to seperate them from the Spurs

Cavaliers: Black, Sky Blue, and Orange. The Andre Miller/Darius Miles era was beautfiul (minus the cheap looking logo)

Hawks: Bright Red and Yellow (though that is a too much like the Rockets alternate look)

Archived