Norfolk Neptunes

Avenger

Still in progress, but quite a few changes, many of which were suggested by you guys. BJDellarte wanted to see this with the Seahawks color scheme, and I like it as much as I do the other scheme. This one's a little bit more exciting, where the other one's a little bit more stoic.

What do you guys think?

norfolk2.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this one looks better. The head tilt gives a little more agression to the logo and I think the added outline makes it stand out more. The color scheme is also a plus IMO, im just a fan of lime green.

I don't like the green much there, looks forced. The yellow you were using before would fit right into its place, I think.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like what you are doing with this version. If I may suggest something else, the outline, the blue not the yellow or green needs to be thicker in my opinion to bolden the entire design. I think that might distinguish it more as a logo versus an illustration or translation. It might also help when it is reduced. Looking forward to seeing the next step.

I love the colours - the new green, gold, silver and navy (sorry, probably not their correct names) work brilliantly together, stay away from that fluoro green you played with though.

The actual icon is great, and the work mark is pretty nice too - good changes based on some earlier feedback. I'm not 100% on the font you've used for the city name, but I like the "Neptunes" script, and I like the way it sits out separate so you could use it with or without the image.

Cheers!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

do not blame avenger for the logo using seahawks colors. those are my choice. i like them better then the colors he came up with first and norfolk university is my school in ncfa. looking good avenger. i will still prefer the logo in navy, seahawk blue, silver, lime green and white. great job so far. thanks.

To be perfectly honest, I like the original color set better.

As far as the logo goes, I think it looks much better now that he's angeled differently. Something is still bothering em about the thumb however. It seems as though he has a nub instead of a thumb. I also agree with Roz, that it might look better with a wider blue outline. And my last comment is an idea. I think it might looks nice if the logo terminated at his cloak, but having his cloak just around his hip.

Just some thoughts. you obviously extremely talented, which I think is always something that makes people feel good to hear, and it refelcts on the direction you are taking this logo. Can't wait to see the final product and hopefully we can all help you to get there.

...I'm getting mushy and rambling.

The lime and blue is best IMO (it looks fantastic)... the logo looks more alive, and less like a statue (a feel I'm getting mostly because of the gray skin tone). Great work!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'd go back to the Lime colour...

And make sure the panel with the wordmark covers the "opened shapes", if you know what I mean...

it is a MASTERPIECE!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

To be perfectly honest, I like the original color set better.

As far as the logo goes, I think it looks much better now that he's angeled differently. Something is still bothering em about the thumb however. It seems as though he has a nub instead of a thumb. I also agree with Roz, that it might look better with a wider blue outline. And my last comment is an idea. I think it might looks nice if the logo terminated at his cloak, but having his cloak just around his hip.

Just some thoughts. you obviously extremely talented, which I think is always something that makes people feel good to hear, and it refelcts on the direction you are taking this logo. Can't wait to see the final product and hopefully we can all help you to get there.

...I'm getting mushy and rambling.

Thanks for the comment, homey.

I'll actually probably be terminating the bottom of the logo with some waves, sorta as if he's coming out of the water to stick yo' ass with his trident. :P

I think it is looking sharp. It is neat to see they way you are going about creating the logo, drawing it as if he was growing arms and a bosy, etc. I tend to start with an overall shape, so seeing this approach is cool.

Way back in the first or second week of my illustrator learning, CityOfWalrus had a Neptunes logo that I took from him, and made some changes. It looked... a-somthin, a-like-a theeees.... [stongbad]

neptunes_pnm.gif

This is no where near the quality of yours, of course, but for one of my first illustrator projects, it wasn't too shabby.

I was just entertained by how many of the same overall concepts were similar between the two, and also how well yours was turning out! Much, much better!

Go Avenger!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

New color scheme most definitely. Everything you've done to the new version makes it really stand out more, makes it look more intimidating. Good stuff as always.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

your trident/crown/football logo is very busy. Separate the trident from the crown a little more because the negative shapes make it very busy.

Norfolk is much more legible now that you separated the L and the K. I still think the upper left of the N looks very heavy and forced. Since you were having the letters curve around their neighbors (N-O, F-O), maybe the N would look more cohesive if the left leg looked more like a closed parenthesis ")". This way, the part in the top left that sticks out would look more natural. And you could repeat it in Norfolk and as just the N.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

your trident/crown/football logo is very busy. Separate the trident from the crown a little more because the negative shapes make it very busy.

Norfolk is much more legible now that you separated the L and the K. I still think the upper left of the N looks very heavy and forced. Since you were having the letters curve around their neighbors (N-O, F-O), maybe the N would look more cohesive if the left leg looked more like a closed parenthesis ")". This way, the part in the top left that sticks out would look more natural. And you could repeat it in Norfolk and as just the N.

To be honest, I'm pretty married to the wordmark at this point. I'm a little biased, but I'm really hesitent about changing it anymore.

I think you've got a really good point about the shield logo, though. Here are some variations of that logo... I think I like the one on the right the best.

norfolkshield.gif

I think the middle one is the most legible. I can see why you want to ad highlights to it and add a little depth, but if you do that, don't put any on the crown...that's where it gets busy again. All the white lines crossing the green, black and blue is a little hectic going on there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

of these 3 i would go with one on right. the middle logo is too bland. i like the hilights in the trident & on crown. maybe the crown could kind of float abovethe shield and trident. also could you try the trident with hilights and the crown without any just to see what it looks like?

Archived