Norfolk Neptunes

Avenger

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow avenger this bunch of logos is great. i really like the shield & trident logo just like it is. u r doing a great job for norfolk university neptunes. thanks.

Cool... I'm glad you like it, man.

Is it safe to say, that with the last round of revisions, everything's locked in with the exception of the primary logo?

yes. i love all 4 of the 2ndarys. could you also do one with a crown like the crown in logo on lower left on the n & norfolk logo on lower right? also one with crown on n with neptunes across the letter n in same type font. and also maybe try just to see a trident & shield& wave logo with a small n at the bottom point of shield. thank you so much these are real cool and awesome.

All of the secondaries get a fully erect from Hustler....

Anyhoo... I'n not feeling the primary if for only one reason.... It's a little complex. I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S.

The artwork in ALL of the logos is incerdible! Keep up the awesome work!

At this point, i don't know if I can offer any new insight or opinion, but I'll give you what I got.

Secondary logos - I love what you have. I'm not the craziest about the type font you used, but it works in this concept. The shield/trident logo is superb, don't touch it.

Primary - you're most recent revision is shaping up awesome, and I'm sure once you get the rest of the body in there, it'll look fanatsic. I don't know if I'm feelin' the face though. Kind of looks like he just downed a fistful of sour skittles. Is there any way you can modify the mouth, while still maintaining harmony with the angles you used for the rest of the face/beard area?

Other than that, keep on it. I really like the way this is evolving.

Just curious, which logo do you plan on putting on the helmet? If I had to choose, and thank goodness I don't, it would be the trident/shield logo...

I was thinking using the N/crown logo on the helmets, the shield on the sleeves, and the primary as a hip logo.

I haven't really touched the uniform yet, though, so I haven't seen how this works.

Everything is really good, but when I look at the N/crown logo, I always immediately think the crown is too small. It's height is alright but it doesn't seem wide enough. If you were to think of the N as the head the crown is resting on, then it be rather small. Just a thought.

Everything is really good, but when I look at the N/crown logo, I always immediately think the crown is too small. It's height is alright but it doesn't seem wide enough. If you were to think of the N as the head the crown is resting on, then it be rather small. Just a thought.

I feel what you're saying, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't top-heavy. It just felt funny to me if the crown was any larger, and even if I kep the crown the same height and stretched it horizontally, it felt awkward.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out if the crown on the primary logo is too tall... what do you guys think?

I think the outlines might make it a touch to heavy at the top of the mark.

The crown is fine. The identity is awesome, but as usual, I have suggestions...

-the wave in the primary logo makes for a whole lot of 'dead-air' between Poseidon and the wordmark. By 'dead-air' I mean logo elements with very little purpose. I'd try going with just Poseidon and the wordmark, and if necessary, work in a little wave using the wordmark outline. Just a suggestion of course.

-there's too much dark colour on the white jersey IMO. The pants are certainly white, but I'm thinking on TV, with dark blue sleeves, shoulders, and sides, it might be a little too much dark on a 'light jersey'.

-I love the 'N'-crown secondary logo (possibly my favourite part of the identity), but it just looks wrong backwards (as do many logos). I know this already resembles the Seahawks in terms of colour scheme (and maybe that's where I got some of the inspiration), but did you ever consider making a wrap-around helmet using the triton? Maybe add some wave action to it too, but basically I'd take the triton from the shield secondary, rotate it about 70 degrees either way, and wrap that sucker around.

Hope this has made some semblance of sense. Just suggestions of course. The identity is looking great.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Amazing work, Avenger. :notworthy:

I think the crown looks good. The proportions are similar to the head of the trident.

On the helmet, the left-leaning 'N' (liberal?), doesn't look right to me.

I really like the way the trident/shield logo turned out. :grin:

Avenger, nice work. I love the logo package. It feels complete.

My only suggestion is that you push the side stripes out a little further. It looks good, but there is just too much blue on the sides. Slim that down a bit and you're golden.

Wonderful job Avenger. I really like the way the green acents the numbers and stripes on the uni without over doing it.

I agree with SyPhi though, the "N" crown logo looks out of place when it's backward on the helmet. Perhaps tweaking the serif would help or try using the trident logo instead.

Still, it's an awesome package overall.

Ben

Great work. Love how it all ties together.

In this package I love the secondaries more than the main. The Main logo seems to be bothering because of the body. Everything else is detailed and then u have this gray mass. Sort of flat when u have shading and all everywhere else.

Thats my only observation otherwise great.

Archived