Worst number fonts ever?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old Atl. Hawks/Warriors/Wizards/Ravens/Diamondbacks/Mariners/Thrashers style of numerals has always been my least favorite.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'll break the rules slightly since this was one of Michigan's "Musical Chairs Road Sets," but this is the font equivalent of skinny jeans.

uspw_5862986.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Personally, I can't stand the font Puma is using currently on most soccer kits...

Agreed, it's awful. Apparently, it's inspired by the tape footballers at all levels use to secure shinpads. No matter whether you're a top pro or a Sunday League clogger, we all use tape. It brings us together, you see.

No, seriously. That's the idea behind it.

08_Team_0072_UI_large.jpg

Whoever talked the Rooney's into going with this? Should be hanged, shot, drawn, quartered, eighth, boiled in oil, castrated, and have then the pieces simultaneously flown to different destinations.

See, sometimes, its a matter of perception.

I do like those, some won't.

Its not because numbers are not totally "square and tradionnal" that it can't work.

The current Toledo duds is top of my list.....

bilde-300x205.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I would nominate University of Minnesota's football font which is much belovded by desginers on this board. The brick sublimation is terrible, and the awful wonky font has inspired other teams to use awkward and inappropriate block serifs, such as the Houston Astros and Dallas Stars.

120120055428_gophers_football_uniforms_640.jpg

Couldn't disagree more.

Except for the brick sublimation. That's just dumb.

bf_rn6-ceaac1lj.0_standard_352.0.jpg

This might be an old topic, but seeing this nightmare again made me want to ask... can you top this? Good God, look at that 3! It's like a rejected letter from the logo for an 80's hair band that never made it to MTV!

On the Logocast, we referred to that Baylor font as the "Flintstones Font." And yeah, it's gonna be tough to beat although the Vikings sure made a run at it.

eyoseph_efseaff_sm_zps20ee8dec.jpg

I always liked that old UCLA font. It probably wouldn't look good anywhere else, but I always thought it worked for them.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived