Worst number fonts ever?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

08_Team_0072_UI_large.jpg

Whoever talked the Rooney's into going with this? Should be hanged, shot, drawn, quartered, eighth, boiled in oil, castrated, and have then the pieces simultaneously flown to different destinations.

Thats not a bad font. It may not fit with the Steelers according to some fans, but theres nothing wrong with the font itself.

Matthew-Stafford1.jpg

I like the Lions font. Its easy to read, not too out there, and fits with the rest of their branding.

I'd also like to nominate every font with a dropshadow :P

Wasn't there a number font so illegible in college football a few years back that the ref didn't allow them to be worn during play? Maryland camo maybe? I tried searching, but couldn't find them. That has to be given strong consideration.

Wasn't there a number font so illegible in college football a few years back that the ref didn't allow them to be worn during play? Maryland camo maybe? I tried searching, but couldn't find them. That has to be given strong consideration.

That was the Carolina Shamecocks.... The font was the same as their regular one, but it was illegible with the color/pattern on the numbers. They were the wounded warrior project uniforms

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Roman after all this time i still cant believe you dont like that Minnesota font. Its absolutely gorgeous!

this year has been a bad one for Nike in the font game. The Dolphins lead the way and last years Seahawks font are 2 of the poorest mumber designs ive ever seen

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Brewers' use of Times New Roman is at least in the debate, if it isn't the worst number font for sports. Times New Roman has no place on a uniform.

I think the skintight way football players wear their unis these days contributes to some of the font ugliness. But , I agree with the XFl Memphis fonts being the worse.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I would nominate University of Minnesota's football font which is much belovded by desginers on this board. The brick sublimation is terrible, and the awful wonky font has inspired other teams to use awkward and inappropriate block serifs, such as the Houston Astros and Dallas Stars.

Couldn't disagree more.

Except for the brick sublimation. That's just dumb.

That's funny. I was gonna say I kinda like the sublimation (it's at least not noticeable enough to be a big problem), but I am totally with him on the overly-boxy font. In the picture above, the 1 is fine. I can even deal with the 4 (though it's overdone), but the corners on the others are awful.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

V9o1Zl4.jpg

bcTK7h7.png

As far as block fonts go, this one screams "cheap rec league." I have no idea why it's so common in the NBA in particular.

The font numbers of Philly and Utah were copycats of those used by the New York Knicks. So blame it on the Knicks.

new-york-knicks-nba-offseason-2013.jpg?w=600&h=425

I blame Adidas.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

08_Team_0072_UI_large.jpg

Whoever talked the Rooney's into going with this? Should be hanged, shot, drawn, quartered, eighth, boiled in oil, castrated, and have then the pieces simultaneously flown to different destinations.

See, sometimes, its a matter of perception.

I do like those, some won't.

Its not because numbers are not totally "square and tradionnal" that it can't work.

I like the Steelers number font

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would nominate University of Minnesota's football font which is much belovded by desginers on this board. The brick sublimation is terrible, and the awful wonky font has inspired other teams to use awkward and inappropriate block serifs, such as the Houston Astros and Dallas Stars.

120120055428_gophers_football_uniforms_640.jpg

Couldn't disagree more.

Except for the brick sublimation. That's just dumb.

That's funny. I was gonna say I kinda like the sublimation (it's at least not noticeable enough to be a big problem), but I am totally with him on the overly-boxy font. In the picture above, the 1 is fine. I can even deal with the 4 (though it's overdone), but the corners on the others are awful.

I want to print that 4 on a large poster and hang it on my office wall

/designboner

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the original Wild font

...which remains awesome.

Wild00-03.png

I can't stand the block font they've used since the red jerseys came around. I like good block fonts, but that one's heinously awkward.

phoenix.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived