Worst number fonts ever?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus-Blue-Jackets-2533_LRG.jpg

You know, for as much hate as these get, I love the concept behind them. They need some tweaking (the 1 isn't good), but overall I like them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Columbus-Blue-Jackets-2533_LRG.jpg

You know, for as much hate as these get, I love the concept behind them. They need some tweaking (the 1 isn't good), but overall I like them.

That 7 with the straight stem drives me up a wall... the 4 is nightmarish as well. It reminds me of something off Dafont.

Also, that nameplate font is an awful match for their normal copperplate-y numbers.

V9o1Zl4.jpg

bcTK7h7.png

As far as block fonts go, this one screams "cheap rec league." I have no idea why it's so common in the NBA in particular.

The font numbers of Philly and Utah were copycats of those used by the New York Knicks. So blame it on the Knicks.

new-york-knicks-nba-offseason-2013.jpg?w=600&h=425

At least the Knicks have an outline on their numbers. Lights Out is right, Utah and Philly's numbers look awful.

90758391980.gif

eyoseph_efseaff_sm_zps20ee8dec.jpg

expos1969.jpg

Those two aren't really close though. UCLA's are a modified version of Clarendon. In their history, they've used a couple different versions of that set. Ohio State, Marquette football, and Nebraska, among others no doubt, have used an iteration of those numbers.

Nebraska's 60s uniforms are an excellent example of these numbers:

team_left_final.jpg

The Expos numbers, as far as I know, has only ever been used by the Expos on a national level (pro, NCAA, etc.).

exposnumbers.png

Also, that nameplate font is an awful match for their normal copperplate-y numbers.

The problem there lies with the Copperplate numbers. YUCK.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Expos numbers, as far as I know, has only ever been used by the Expos on a national level (pro, NCAA, etc.).

exposnumbers.png

I think the KC and/or Oakland A's used them on the front--but not the back--early on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Funny, I was going to say it needs the drop shadows to distract from some of the wonky cuts and stuff that set it off from regular block.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Except the drop shadows were often wonky too:

8KALG3v.jpg

X0WDJXJ.jpg

I still think the Lakers' current uniforms are the best they've ever worn, but there's really nothing that can be done to make that number font look good. With a better number font, a different collar design, and a "Los Angeles" wordmark on the road, they'd look perfect.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I was just coming in here to post that Heat/Lakers block font. It's slightly more tolerable without the drop shadows like on the Lakers' current uniforms, but my god, some of those numbers look horrible:

Chucky%20atkins1.jpg

I can deal with that 9, its their current 9 that bugs the hell out of me. With the bigger hole, it makes the top part of the number seem skinnier than the bottom part of the number.

Barnes.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived